ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke bs hofstra

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 7
📍 cameron
📺 ESPN2

Game day! Against the mighty pride of Hofstra coming in at 6-3

Coaches by second year coach Speedy Claxton the pride comes in looking for a signature win.. could this be it??

I think we struggle, Hofstra seems solid and better than GT….

Duke- 77
Hofstra- 72

Reactions: christophero
It took overtime for Hofstra to beat High Point. Assuming Duke can handle them easily at CIS.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think there will be more stumbles along the way, especially in ACC games, but I think we will build off last weekend's win and handle Hofstra fairly easily.

Duke 84
Hofstra 61

We can’t guard these guys at all….and we need to stop switching the high ball screen leaving the corner guy dropping into the middle to cover and leaving the corner shooter wide open.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I guess the scouting report to close out the 3 ball went unheard....Hostra has a nice rhythm to their offense. We dont seem to be able to penetrate from our guards

I’m more worried about our defense than our offense this game. Teams still continually putting Filip into pick and roll and he’s a train wreck guarding it.

Very lucky Dubar just missed that corner three…he couldn’t have been more wide open again.

Hopefully they cool down from three and keep giving Flip the ball on the block. They have no answer for him.

May have been Flip’s best first half of the season. Loved our ball movement.

News flash: make someone other than #1 and 23 beat us.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
5 point halftime lead. Could be better; could be worse. The 99 team we are not.

Very lucky Dubar just missed that corner three…he couldn’t have been more wide open again.
He came in shooting 35% and was 5-7 before that miss. It's called mean reversion.

Lets come out with a 10-0 run like to old days to begin the half...I miss those days...

Hofstra guards are “old” and good. They hit some really tough shots. Let’s cruise to a 15 point lead by the 15 min mark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT