ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

A lot of people were saying that Keels was returning. An article I read this morning suggested he was returning. He is not a top 10 guy, shot poorly nearly all season, was not projected in the first round by most, so other than the Kentucky game was not some slam dunk one and done guy. So I wish him well but I am disappointed. He could have helped his NBA stock by returning. NBA scouts said this.

None of us should be surprised by this. Anyone who thought these guys were coming back doesn’t understand the reality of college, specifically Duke, basketball. We’ll see if we can land any difference makers in the portal but if not we need to manage expectations.
Yup. Some here thought he was back...that was false information

What made you think they were returning? All five at the beginning of the season were leaving.
Paolo- everyone knew was gone
Mark - thought about it last season
Moore- everyone should have known he was gone . Draft stock wasn’t going to her higher and nothing he can’t improve at workouts and combine
Keels- IMO, was always OAD . To me when he got hurt then hit his shooting slump that was a sign especially after how well he played at the beginning of the season
AJ - he’s gone just hasn’t said it but he was always a lottery to early first round pick.
Spot on

Yeah the doom and gloom is warranted in that unc is going to beat our ass next year. No way we can defend bacot. Roach coming back is spectacular but our back court will once again be weak. I called it last year that we needed more guards and we lost due to guard play.

Well for all my sky is falling bull**** my Bengals made the Super Bowl and Duke made the FF. I'll take it.
I'm healthy and so are my friends & family. Braves won the WS, Raiders are a contender again, Duke made the FF, the Spurs are about to get some great draft picks to put around their young good core (Tre is going to explode next season), and the Hurricanes have a legit shot at the Cup. The staff is in the portal and Duke is going to fill these holes. It's all good.

Never feel sorry for someone who clearly makes a bad decision and has to face the consequences.

Keels is no different.
So you’re not coming to my pity party the next time I make a bad decision? I’ll plan accordingly

Reactions: Fourteen44
Keels will make a roster . He has the size and just needs to work on trimming down his body fat and his release all he can fix in the league. Ever thought there wasn’t that much NIL at Duke ? Paolo made the most and that was thanks to chime and 2k22. Didn’t see where anyone else made a large sum of cash . Don’t forget the top recruiting class players are going to be NIL targets first . Hard to sale NIL to transfers.

Keels will make a roster . He has the size and just needs to work on trimming down his body fat and his release all he can fix in the league. Ever thought there wasn’t that much NIL at Duke ? Paolo made the most and that was thanks to chime and 2k22. Didn’t see where anyone else made a large sum of cash . Don’t forget the top recruiting class players are going to be NIL targets first . Hard to sale NIL to transfers.
Could be true, bigger universities with bigger alumni will thrive in nil. Love made around 400k at unc this year

Reactions: geddoughton23
Our impact choices are getting slim
There's a lot of guys still out there. Duke is making the effort to bring in some impact portal players. I truly believe we will get guys better than Bates Jones and Theo John (as much as I love him he wasn't a scorer).

Duke will benefit at some point from the NIL and keep some really good players. Unfortunately, it will not be this season. Which just doesn't compute for me. I understand Banchero, Williams, Griffin, and even Wendell leaving. Keels is a headscratcher for me. The kid could be a legit lottery pick potentially next season with another year at Duke. He's rolling the dice on potentially not being drafted to the late 2nd round, while leaving millions on the table for next season's draft if he waited. I just don't get it. I mean, hey, do what you want and go get yours. I just hate to see a kid make a poor decision. I think he's going to really struggle to make a team for a few years now. I hope I am wrong though.

Duke will benefit at some point from the NIL and keep some really good players. Unfortunately, it will not be this season. Which just doesn't compute for me. I understand Banchero, Williams, Griffin, and even Wendell leaving. Keels is a headscratcher for me. The kid could be a legit lottery pick potentially next season with another year at Duke. He's rolling the dice on potentially not being drafted to the late 2nd round, while leaving millions on the table for next season's draft if he waited. I just don't get it. I mean, hey, do what you want and go get yours. I just hate to see a kid make a poor decision. I think he's going to really struggle to make a team for a few years now. I hope I am wrong though.
It’s going to be interesting to see but I think he gets signed and drafted in the early second round .

It’s going to be interesting to see but I think he gets signed and drafted in the early second round .
More than likely he will. He's still leaving millions on the table. Best of luck to him though. I'm not one of the spiteful fans who hates on any guy who leaves early. I just don't understand why some of them do, mainly guys like Duval, Steward, Jackson, and now Keels. Each one of those dudes should've stayed another year. But, is what it is. We will roll with what we have next year. I just hope fans realize we're no where near finished. Jon and the staff are going to plug these holes. I just hope we get the guys we're going after.

It’s not just the portal he also is going to have to recruit players like Blake’s and Schutt into staying every year instead of transferring.

That doesn’t matter - y’all have already gone off the cliff. It’s comical.
What’s so funny about what I posted? I’m not going crazy about it but unc is probably the odds on favorite to win the title next year especially if love returns. We’re talented but even younger than we were last year. Oh yeah and we’re missing the defense of an experienced mark Williams ( lively won’t be as good) and wendell moore. If Duke doesn’t get a good transfer guard we don’t have a chance next year. Looks like another year that we’ve completely screwed up the opportunities the transfer portal provides

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT