Baker 12
Roach 32
Keels { or SG transfer or Foster reclass} 30
Blakes 8
Schutt 8

Play 10 players and shorten the bench in February

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Blakes will play 22 minutes at Temple. Baker 33 minutes at VCU. Schutt will play 33 seconds. I kid

Lively 24
Flip 20
Big man transfer 18
Mitchell 22
DW 26
Baker 12
Roach 32
Keels { or SG transfer or Foster reclass} 30
Blakes 8
Schutt 8

Play 10 players and shorten the bench in February
I would love to have Keels back, so I'm holding out a little hope he returns.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Keels is not coming back and Dariq will get more than 26. I'd say he will play 32-34. I also think flip plays more in the high 20s, not 20.

Keels is not coming back and Dariq will get more than 26. I'd say he will play 32-34. I also think flip plays more in the high 20s, not 20.
Jesus, that is freaking sad then. Because Flip is not ready to play that many starters minutes. Whitehead is the only one who is a difference maker from the get go.

Great. I hope I am wrong. I just haven't been impressed by the upcoming class really. Other than Whitehead. I think we have a ton of talent coming in. I just think expecting them to be FF good next season is asinine. We don't have experience or someone like Banchero or Mark down low. This is going to be a rough season if we don't bring back more than Roach and add experienced guys who can contribute. I love Bates Jones, but please no Bates Jones type players. We need playmakers with experience. Bacot will destroy Flip and Lively. I hate the bastard. But we're deluding ourselves if we think otherwise.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Keels needs to test but maintain eligibility. First round then go, 2nd round then come back. Tre Jones and Moore both improved their draft stock returning. Let them be the examples for players like Keels.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think unless we get some really good transfers, all our starters will be in the 30 plus minute range. It seems like that every year.
Some seem to think Keels is back. I've heard minor rumblings. Nothing concrete. I'd say that I am still sticking with Roach is our only returning player. Joey possibly too, but if we're depending on Baker next season....

Keels needs to test but maintain eligibility. First round then go, 2nd round then come back. Tre Jones and Moore both improved their draft stock returning. Let them be the examples for players like Keels.
Kid doesn't even need to test. They get enough feedback. He knows what he needs to improve on. Also, they're all gone. If they play for Duke they're gone anymore. Is what it is. It's making me very jaded and bitter.

It would be nice to get a few five stars to return every once in a blue moon and play more than 1-2 years. I say this as Bacot announces he’s returning for his senior year. If there is such thing as a senior year anymore.

I think unless we get some really good transfers, all our starters will be in the 30 plus minute range. It seems like that every year.
I hope not because they will hit the wall by mid Feb.. Hopefully coach will play a deep bench for first 2/3rds of season which allows some guys to develop and the main guys to stay fresh.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
This board is in the dumps today. Is it because of Bascot returning? Keels seems like a OAD. Hope I'm wrong.

Keels is returning and maybe Wendell. But keels definitely. Remember where you heard it from when he says he’s coming back.
Got you . I think he’s gone but I’ve been wrong before . If he returns need to hit the portal hard .

Keels is returning and maybe Wendell. But keels definitely. Remember where you heard it from when he says he’s coming back.
I'll hold you to it. Because all I have heard is they're all gone but Roach. Maybe something has changed though. I'd love it if Moore and Keels returned.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I hope not because they will hit the wall by mid Feb.. Hopefully coach will play a deep bench for first 2/3rds of season which allows some guys to develop and the main guys to stay fresh.
Trust me I don't want that to happen as well but we always seem to think our bench produces or play some decent minutes and it rarely ever happens.

Keels and Roach playing together next season would be a dream come true for Duke fans. I really, really think Keels would take a major step up next season and we wouldn't see those stretches of multiple games where he basically disappears. I think he'd be more like Mark was in Mark's soph season - being a major impact player in a majority of Duke's games. He'd be so fun to watch. I have ZERO insider info, but if I had to guess I'd guess maybe 75% chance he's gone. And Wendell is maybe 98% chance he's gone.

Has Keels announced his decision? Or just your opinion? Can’t find it.
No one is announcing anything until after the banquet. There was a tweet yesterday from one of the recruiting gurus that someone was coming back and for reasons I cannot find, the interpretation is that it is Keels.

If I’m wrong, I’ll own it. Keels is coming back. That’s not just an opinion.
I hope he’s in the gym working on his jump shot as we speak and I hope you’re right but that would definitely buck the trend lately

Reactions: QC Dukie
Keels and Roach playing together next season would be a dream come true for Duke fans. I really, really think Keels would take a major step up next season and we wouldn't see those stretches of multiple games where he basically disappears. I think he'd be more like Mark was in Mark's soph season - being a major impact player in a majority of Duke's games. He'd be so fun to watch. I have ZERO insider info, but if I had to guess I'd guess maybe 75% chance he's gone. And Wendell is maybe 98% chance he's gone.
Dream come true may be overstating it They’re not supermodels more like the girl next door

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT