ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

This sucks. Really sucks. I heard everything to the contrary until yesterday. Don't understand what changed.
I’m going to bite the bullet and say he goes late first to early second round. He will make a team but I never thought Keels would return .

Well the good news is we have a new coach and a bunch of 17 year olds for next year.

Guess I can stop making my minutes predictions with Moore and Keels in the line up. You know who is left from last year's recruiting class? Blakes. And Roach from the year before. 2 out of 10 guys.

Last edited:
Hopefully the staff knew otherwise him waiting to the last day to declare cost us to miss out on some transfer prospects

Reactions: dukecorey
Now can we get a Seth Curry style transfer. One who can really play and stays more than 1 year. We need immediate impact... IMMEDIATE and not timid. Two or 3 of them. A combo guard, a banger, and another big body.

Reactions: sheyduke
What's the average NBA career for players that leave after their first year? Not just Duke...anyone know? What's the same stat for Sophomore, Junior, and senior entrants? The lure to leave early is strong, I just wonder if players would be better staying in college, improving their strength and skills and maybe that leads to a longer pro career. Might be no correlation but it certainly seems that there are quite a few that jump and never really make a career past a few seasons in the G/NBA or then abroad. And by career, I would consider it 5+ years...and even that's a low bar.

Next year is going to suck. Need a miracle in the portal. If not play six man rotation and pray no foul trouble.

keels gone, in the grand scheme of things the nil is doing nothing for duke. But hey when unc’s juniors and seniors are beating our azz next year we can brag about having more pros
Not only will they beat out arses twice but UVA will sweep is. We in trouble

We can still do well in the portal, and I think we have to to have the kind of season we are used to. Last year's team was young but we had Roach, Moore, Baker and Williams. And Theo and bates.

Right here Shey. It was pretty well known that he would stay and I’m not sure what changed.
Your good Timo. It sucks but they are kids . If I had to bet he probably saw how some of the earl second round picks are still getting paid and on a roster but they are kids .

Lot of trouble, I really think we have a tough time making the tournament with that lineup and Coach Scheyer first year. Think Coach K got out at the right time

Are we not Duke fans ? Stop all this doom and gloom . We’re not NIT bound, Carolina isn’t kicking our tails . We have yet to see on scrimmage . Just stop . All will be fine .

Reactions: pisgah101
Now I’m going to ask. Where are the guys that were saying Keels would be back ?
Exactly. One in particular that was VERY confident he was back. The good news is there are over 1,000 transfers in the portal so I think we are fine.

The real question who does Duke have any chance with in the portal, I think Duke needs to hit a home run with 2 guards and one big. Unless Baker is playing starter minutes

Exactly. One in particular that was VERY confident he was back. The good news is there are over 1,000 transfers in the portal so I think we are fine.
1,400 to be exact lol. Or atleast last I checked . The kid from Kansas St went to Miami . Pack I think was his name .

The real question who do we have any chance with in the portal, I think Duke needs to hit a home run with 2 guards and one big. Unless Baker is playing starter minutes
It would be one combo one big at best .

Are we not Duke fans ? Stop all this doom and gloom . We’re not NIT bound, Carolina isn’t kicking our tails . We have yet to see on scrimmage . Just stop . All will be fine .
We are one year removed from 15-13. Not saying that will happen but it's not impossible either. With some transfers we should make the tournament but I can't see us being as good as this year unless Jon REALLY hits a home run in the portal.

We are one year removed from 15-13. Not saying that will happen but it's not impossible either.
It’s not happening . Worst case . Whitehead moves to sg. Which my opinion he’ll kill it at that position Baker goes to SF and Mitchell to pf with Lively at the five. Throw in Flip, Blake’s and Schutt off the bench . Duke does need two transfers but I’m not worried as some of you .

that 15-13 team lacked a lot and I mean a lot! Williams hadn’t found his nitch, johnson quit on the team . Hurt couldn’t guard a fly on the wall and Steward was off and on not to mention no rotation could ever seem to fit . Brakesfield played like a freshman and got lost after Johnson left the only one Coleman never got much burn .

Last edited:
I agree I think it will be another down year and think Coach Scheyer will get some heat for it. Let’s buckle in it’s going to be a bumpy ride. Next year will be again the youngest Duke team ever, seems like that gets stated every year.

I said Keels was back. Something changed in the last 48hrs. Don't know what. I'll own it. My insider hasn't ever steered me wrong before. Seems I wasn't the only one though. Nice to see people gloating over negativity though.

Reactions: pisgah101
It’s not happening . Worst case . Whitehead moves to sg. Which my opinion he’ll kill it at that position Baker goes to SF and Mitchell to pf with Lively at the five. Throw in Flip, Blake’s and Schutt off the bench . Duke does need two transfers but I’m not worried as some of you .
Why do we keep talking about Baker. He hasn't made any impact in 3/4 years so far and get destroyed Everytime he's on the court. Why do you think he's going to suddenly be good enough to impact as a starter? I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it

100% shey. We will still grab a portal transfer or two.

I said Keels was back. Something changed in the last 48hrs. Don't know what. I'll own it. My insider hasn't ever steered me wrong before. Seems I wasn't the only one though. Nice to see people gloating over negativity though.
You're good. You never guaranteed it. People are just venting right now. Have we ever lost 5 NBA draft picks? Maybe 5 first round picks. That is a lot of talent.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I agree I think it will be another down year and think Coach Scheyer will get some heat for it. Let’s buckle in it’s going to be a bumpy ride. Next year will be again the youngest Duke team ever, seems like that gets stated every year.
Why though? I don't get it. Some point out a weaker class, but 4 of the top 20 kids and we will grab Portal transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT