ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

Transfers are hit and miss though. Theo was coming into a great situation; an established big (Mark) and Banchero who was a day one stud. We didn't need that much from him. Would much rather get Keels back than a transfer.
Esp if Sheyer doesn’t change much scheme wise and training wise. I suspect he’ll start doing things differently in a more gradual way over a few years than make any sudden changes Every coach has an ego.

Reactions: christophero
Esp if Sheyer doesn’t change much scheme wise and training wise. I suspect he’ll start doing things differently in a more gradual way over a few years than make any sudden changes Every coach has an ego.
There will be changes. That is for certain.

Reactions: KDSTONE
The top 3 shooting guard transfers have already picked schools, so hopefully we get on that if Keels leaves. If Keels comes back our backcourt is set.

Duke is going after AJ Green. He's a top tier dude. Though I think Iowa State is where he ends up. He could be at Duke if Keels is gone. Pack from Kansas State is better off the ball too, so don't sleep on him playing the 2.

Reactions: sheyduke
Duke will be fine. Easy to pick up two quality reserve transfers. Best thing for Scheyer is to not be preseason top 10. Best year one is to exceed expectations

Reactions: KDSTONE
If Keels is gone, I think he is now, then Duke is most definitely not a top 10 team next season. Even with the addition of quality transfers Duke would be a top 15 team at best.

Why do you think Keels is gone? You're like the one guy on here who said he was returning. I think he's gone as well but holding out hope. I know that Marks guy thinks keels may return.

I don’t get why people think it is going to be easy to get guys out the portal. Both Theo and Bates were done until K called them . Duke literally had no front court depth. Players that are high up in the transfer portal want to start . If I’m Scheyer and Emoni isn’t going pro I reach out to him if Keels doesn’t come back. Whitehead can always play sg

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
But if Keels doesn't come back we have a spot open at SG. Whitehead is a forward.

All we can do is wait until Keels announces, but there was little doubt the entire time he was going pro. I hope I'm wrong of course.

I'm trying. My heart is holding out hope but my head tells me we will get 2 "I loved my time at Duke but..." announcements.

Antonino Reeves is still out there too. Though I think he either goes to Kentucky or Carolina if Love leaves.
Reeves is definitely who I want for my Tar Heels, and I think he would be great for Duke. UNC will need a scoring big guard if Love departs. He would replace Keels equally well

Duke will get a quality transfer. Imagine the difference between riding buses and 3 star motels at Illinois State compared to private planes and the Ritz

I was joking but thanks for clarifying ha.
Just bored Chris. I’m with you on needing experience and everyone on the portal . One big one guard will be key but they can’t just be bodies. Right now lively and flip have Reeves and Stanley to practice against, Mitchell has Baker, Roach has Blake’s but Whitehead has Keenan. They need experience to go against .

I know I jumped the gun yesterday, but DBR is reporting that Keels just posted on Instagram he is heading to the NBA draft. We just cannot keep guys.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT