ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

Well for one thing, other than Roach(and Baker I guess) none of these guys have played together. We will be okay. But this constant reloading is exhausting. All I wanted was one of our 5 guys back.

Why do we keep talking about Baker. He hasn't made any impact in 3/4 years so far and get destroyed Everytime he's on the court. Why do you think he's going to suddenly be good enough to impact as a starter? I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it
The kid wasn’t healthy one bit last season. If we all remember he started the season on a bad ankle and in an interview K said he was playing though having to fight through it. Fast forward who here knew he had to have hip surgery ? No one . He’s a shooter that’s all he was ever supposed to be but we saw him give it his all , go to the basket instead of just throwing up a shot . Y’all on here screaming about players leaving and dogging the ones that stay. You can’t have it both ways .
People get on me for what I say watching a game into a fifth of Jameson. Y’all dooming the team and they aren’t even on campus yet .

The kid wasn’t healthy one bit last season. If we all remember he started the season on a bad ankle and in an interview K said he was playing though having to fight through it. Fast forward who here knew he had to have hip surgery ? No one . He’s a shooter that’s all he was ever supposed to be but we saw him give it his all , go to the basket instead of just throwing up a shot . Y’all on here screaming about players leaving and dogging the ones that stay. You can’t have it both ways .
True but he hasn't shown anything the year before either. Like I said I hope I'm wrong. He plays hard but he's just outclassed out there

Reactions: Player2020
True but he hasn't shown anything the year before either. Like I said I hope I'm wrong. He plays hard but he's just outclassed out there
And it’s the same reason why I think the portal will be hard because no player wants to come and ride the bench . All these players in the portal pay attention to that . Baker never should have lifted his red shirt . I think he’s got balls for returning to a team he never gets to play much for especially when every team can use a shooter .

And it’s the same reason why I think the portal will be hard because no player wants to come and ride the bench . All these players in the portal pay attention to that . Baker never should have lifted his red shirt . I think he’s got balls for returning to a team he never gets to play much for especially when every team can use a shooter .
We shall see who we get in the portal but if we can't get anyone better than Baker in the portal especially on the defensive end we're going to have problems next year. Hoping for the best 🤞🤞🤞

We also have a reputation as a program that gives big minutes to its one and dones. So that may scare good transfers away. It's the direction we have chosen to go, but the balance is tilting. We had good balance this year and 2 years ago. The Zion year we actually had decent experience. White, Javin, Bolden.

Reactions: sheyduke
Duke’s relationship with one and doners is extremely one-sided. They come here and get so much exposure that they parley it into a high draft pick. What does Duke get in return? A yearly mass exodus and a FF every 5-7 years

Upset kids leave...upset kids stay. There has been somethings that have certainly had a negative impact on college basketball but things like message boards and social media have certainly had a negative impact on fandom.

Looking forward to next season. The name to care about most is the name on the front not the back and it's time to rally around the program and a new head coach. Gonna be enough darts being thrown from the outside.

Reactions: timo0402
That’s crazy - he must be hearing a first round guarantee as that dude was coming back according to Paul VI contacts. Nuts. Good luck to him but I don’t see first round.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
I just want to understand the "insider" information that keels was 100% back and Wendell was a lean...
It’s the same Twitter “insiders” like duke better, the brotherhood, zion o. They have 0 sources and just go off what others say on Reddit and message boards

Reactions: pisgah101
Maybe that is why K, Wright and Roy left. Who knows, but the idea of Frankensteining a new team together every year can't be that appealing to the older guard. It's not that appealing to me but I will still be a fan. Even the transfers are usually one and done.

Last edited:
Maybe that is why K, Wright and Roy left. Who knows, but the idea of Frankensteining a new team together every year can't be that appealing to the older guard. It's not that appealing to me but I will still be a fan. Even the transfers are usually one and done.
Chris I said the same thing when Jay stepped down. It’s a young man’s job now, jim boeheim won’t be far behind. Ncaa will have to get a hold of some portal/nil rules or it’s going to get even worse

Chris I said the same thing when Jay stepped down. It’s a young man’s job now, jim boeheim won’t be far behind. Ncaa will have to get a hold of some portal/nil rules or it’s going to get even worse

Its coachings version of groundhog day....you have to go over all the basic fundamentals of the defensive scheme you want to play, the offense you want to run and all the teachings/routine that includes practice/school/travel again etc....there is no foundation to build on...so doing the same thing every year and not being able to build past these basic themes would be frustrating to any coach. New year, new team...same problems to solve as the year before....we see it and it frustrates us...imagine being a coach....

Are we not Duke fans ? Stop all this doom and gloom . We’re not NIT bound, Carolina isn’t kicking our tails . We have yet to see on scrimmage . Just stop . All will be fine .
Exactly! Some stupid talk about a team that isn’t even stepped foot on campus yet

Reactions: sheyduke
I’m late to the party but some of y’all are being way harsh on guys that we’re telling us what they were hearing things change good grief keep acting like this and they won’t tell us anything.

Im still extremely excited about next year and what Jon can do(I think we’ll be pleased) and I’m going to laugh like crazy when Joey is raining it every game

Baker gets hammered by fans. I get it. Seems like a good kid, just not good on defense.
So to look ahead, when he’s in the game, more zone. The kid can shoot, and we need some experience out on the court.

I’m actually looking forward to the new era. Hope Jon can find some solid bodies.

Believe we will need them.

That's kind of why some of us are worried though lol
Give them the edge . This isn’t K’s team next year it’s Scheyer’s . What ever a fan is worried about best believe Scheyer is more in the know of trying to figure it out. Just take a drink and go fishing a lot of off season still left .

Sorry I got you excited that he may return. Now you can go back to doom and gloom.
Nah...I just knew he or Moore wasn't coming back. Thought you had more inside information than what I had, but that wasn't the case. Hopefully we can land a transer.

To be fair, the doom and gloom is a little justified, at least this week. We had 5 guys with eligibility left that had a chance of entering the NBA draft, and all 5 left. Assuming AJ goes. That is a little sad, incoming class or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboSlice00
I I truly believe that Griffin should return. Lively is not a scorer. Roach might average 10. Griffin could average 25 and contend for National Player of the Year

To be fair, the doom and gloom is a little justified, at least this week. We had 5 guys with eligibility left that had a chance of entering the NBA draft, and all 5 left. Assuming AJ goes. That is a little sad, incoming class or not.
What made you think they were returning? All five at the beginning of the season were leaving.
Paolo- everyone knew was gone
Mark - thought about it last season
Moore- everyone should have known he was gone . Draft stock wasn’t going to her higher and nothing he can’t improve at workouts and combine
Keels- IMO, was always OAD . To me when he got hurt then hit his shooting slump that was a sign especially after how well he played at the beginning of the season
AJ - he’s gone just hasn’t said it but he was always a lottery to early first round pick.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT