ADVERTISEMENT

New Rankings Out

I would have laughed pretty loudly if someone said to me in November that we'd drop out of the top 10 this late with no long term injuries. Weird year. Here's to a strong finish and no more losses!

I would have laughed pretty loudly if someone said to me in November that we'd drop out of the top 10 this late with no long term injuries. Weird year. Here's to a strong finish and no more losses!

Couldn't agree more

It is what it is at this point. All we can hope for is that the positive things we have seen lately can be built upon moving forward. My biggest complaint with this team is the defensive rebounding right now. Still giving up way too many offensive boards in the zone D. Hopefully this is a better week than the last few. Just gotta keep improving each day practice and translate to the game for some wins. I know that is simplistic statement to make, but it doesn't make it any less true of one. The bench has shown great improvement. Alex, Bolden, White, Javin, and even Jordan have to be ready when their number is called. If Bagley misses more time than initially thought then these guys are even more important. Go Duke!

Have you noticed we haven't really even discussed their last couple of losses? They are currently irrelevant to contenders!!
I enjoyed watching Texas A&M destroy them and seeing Cal stand there stomping his feet and screaming his head off. I loved it when the A&M fans sang happy birthday to him near the end of the game. That was epic!!

Reactions: dukesince91
Have you noticed we haven't really even discussed their last couple of losses? They are currently irrelevant to contenders!!

I have a feeling if we were doing well ourselves it would have been discussed. Hard to pick on UK when we don't feel good about our own team at the moment.

Bottom line is, Duke is not a really good basketball team right now. They are uber inconsistent - not only game-to-game, but within games.

And, ranking really doesn't matter now. What matters is they start playing well the last half of February and into the ACC tourney. If they do so, they will rise in the rankings.

Duke is generally favored by the committee; but if they want a #2 seed and a real shot at a Final Four appearance, they are going to have to start winning consistently.

One things for sure, just because Duke wins the recruiting war, doesn't mean they'll be a good team with the one-and-done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT