ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoffs Thread

Lebron hate is really similar to Duke hate quite frankly. People manufacture reasons to validate themselves (whining about calls, the decision, etc. for Lebron - arrogant, entitled, gets all the calls, etc. for Duke). They represent the exact same impulse, which makes this conversation pretty ironic considering the venue.

Really valid analogy....

OFC

Reactions: HuffyJB and GillJET
I’m with you, it seems to me LeBron has done a lot of great things for others and is an extremely thoughtful person.

There is no player in the NBA now that I wish would have went to Duke more than LBJ. He would make me extremely proud as a representative of Duke, with both his on court and off court actions. I’m not sure what LeBron haters are looking at when they look at LeBron’s life.
LeBron haters are like the media, they bring up stats which make LeBron look bad while ignoring stats that make him look better than the other greats. As like the media, haters only bring up things that fit their narrative and are not objective it’s pointless arguing with individuals wired that way.

Reactions: GillJET
LeBron haters are like the media, they bring up stats which make LeBron look bad while ignoring stats that make him look better than the other greats. As like the media, haters only bring up things that fit their narrative and are not objective it’s pointless arguing with individuals wired that way.

Sadly much of the media in North Carolina is "wired that way," toward our Blue Devils.

OFC

If I had first pick to start a NBA team my pick would be KD. He is a tough matchup and I don't blame him for leaving the thunder.

Reactions: sgrooms
If I had first pick to start a NBA team my pick would be KD. He is a tough matchup and I don't blame him for leaving the thunder.
Can’t blame the guy for leaving the thunder. Also can’t blame him for joining whoever he wanted. His life and his career- clearly felt that was his best chance to win. Having said that, it was beyond a weak look.

Are people complaining about "The Decision," really?? You mean the television special that raised millions of dollars for the Cleveland Boys-N-Girls Club??? The television event that profited Lebron a whopping zero dollars?? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly.

The fact that "The Decision" is Lebron's biggest mistake ever should tell you how great of a person he is. Has had a microscope on him since he was 16 years old and his biggest mistake was raising millions of dollars for poor kids.

Lebron haters are dumb.
I agree if you hate Lebron based on the decision that’s on you.

Also, if you think he’s going back to Cleveland that’s on you.

Warroirs pass the ball well and play unselfishly all around. KD fits in perfectly there. No egos, just winning.
Agree. Formula works no matter the level. Nova was college version of the Warriors. I don't like GS, but to have all that talent yet play such good team ball is very impressive.
Kerr has to get some credit for managing all that talent.
Will Lebron put himself in a situation where he doesn't run things?
That's the difference in my opinion between him and MJ. Jordan had Phil Jackson and Pippen. James comes off like he runs it ALL.

And you would be told to go clean out your office the next day by your owner.

If you want to win now, you take the best player, we all know who the best player in the world is.
If you want to set yourself up to win in the future, I'd say Giannis is the play. 23 years old, good chance he is the face of the league in a few years. AD would be a nice choice too, I think him or Giannis become the best player in the world after Lebron.

Unfortunately for KD, he will always be #2 in this era to Lebron. Whenever Lebron slows down and is no longer the world's best player (I thought we would already be at this point, however we are not) KD may be a tad past his prime. KD may not even be the best player on his own team, and he definitely isn't the "favorite" to all the Warriors fans, 99% of those fans being people who started cheering for them in 2015. Round here we call those bandwagons.

And you would be told to go clean out your office the next day by your owner.

If you want to win now, you take the best player, we all know who the best player in the world is.
If you want to set yourself up to win in the future, I'd say Giannis is the play. 23 years old, good chance he is the face of the league in a few years. AD would be a nice choice too, I think him or Giannis become the best player in the world after Lebron.

Unfortunately for KD, he will always be #2 in this era to Lebron. Whenever Lebron slows down and is no longer the world's best player (I thought we would already be at this point, however we are not) KD may be a tad past his prime. KD may not even be the best player on his own team, and he definitely isn't the "favorite" to all the Warriors fans, 99% of those fans being people who started cheering for them in 2015. Round here we call those bandwagons.
Just curious but do you think LeBron is “a tad bit past his prime” because he’s 4 years older than KD. If you don’t think LeBron is “a tad bit past his prime ” then how can you think that KD is “a tad bit past his prime” when he’s 4 years younger than LeBron?

Reactions: Mac9192
Just curious but do you think LeBron is “a tad bit past his prime” because he’s 4 years older than KD. If you don’t think LeBron is “a tad bit past his prime ” then how can you think that KD is “a tad bit past his prime” when he’s 4 years younger than LeBron?
Good point. Durant may not be the best player in the league, but he's top three at worst. Like him or not, he has shown the ability to blend in and take a good team to talks of being a dynasty.
That should be worth something.

I'M not A Lebron hater,i love the guy,greatest player of his generation by far,he's just not the GOAT,that's just my personal opinion,others will have their opinion,thats ok with me...I'd love to see him stay in Cleveland ..If he moves on,he'll just be accused of trying to pad his title resume.

The best team player I have ever seen is Magic Johnson. Of course everybody has their opinion. I always pulled for the Celtics but dang the lakers were loaded

There is no big man in the league with a smooth shot like Durant has and the range. When he's on it's over

And, while he's very skilled, LBJ's game is predicated on his insane athleticism. If he slows down, even a little, or gets a little weaker, he becomes much less effective.
Durant will still be a deadly shooter even as his athleticism declines. LBJ will, at some point, fall off a cliff. He'll be great, then decent, then bad, within a few seasons. Durant will decline more slowly, while still adding tremendous value as a bench scorer if nothing else.

While our guys Tatum and Ingram continue to rise

Yup. In 2-3 years, Duke will have some of the most popular and respected wings in the game, playing for the two most storied (and high profile) teams in the L. With a strong possibility that RJ and CR will join them.
Duke could legitimately have 4 of the top 7-8 wings in a time when wing is the most important position on the court.

I think Lebron is top 5 all time....

But another issue... I think he either faked or exaggerated his injury. Just watched him do elaborate dabs and handshakes and high fives as he was leaving the court... with his broken hand??? If it’s broke, why are you doing that?

We know he wants to play with talent, but it has to be talent where they conform to him, not him within the team. Bigger thing may be the coach he plays for. I don't see him playing for a headstrong coach. Seems like the coach to him is just a pawn.
As good as he is, he comes off like wanting to play 5 on 4, so it can appear that his efforts are more super human than they already are.

We know he wants to play with talent, but it has to be talent where they conform to him, not him within the team. Bigger thing may be the coach he plays for. I don't see him playing for a headstrong coach. Seems like the coach to him is just a pawn.
As good as he is, he comes off like wanting to play 5 on 4, so it can appear that his efforts are more super human than they already are.

And he's trying to thread a needle that may be impossible to thread. He wants enough talent to win a title, but not so much talent that LBJ doesn't receive the lion's share of the credit. Don' think, for a single second, that LBJ doesn't privately fume every time a pundit points out that LBJ needed Kyrie to make that dagger three late to cement Cleveland's title. Sure, LBJ CORRECTLY gets most of the credit for that title. But Kyrie is 1B or a close 2 when it comes to getting credit.
LeBron wants that number 2 to be a distant second.
If KD wasn't in GSW, it might be possible to thread that needle. But, KD is in GSW, so it probably isn't possible for LBJ to do what he'd like to do.
I still think LBJ stays in Cleveland. Paul might relish a smaller role where he can coast all regular season and focus on scoring, most like from the perimeter, while LBJ runs the team.
Honestly, if the Cavs could dump Korver and Smith, they could be dangerous against next year.

LeBron wants to win a title with teams like Kobe's last two.

Ex-effing-actly.
Only that probably isn't possible now. Kobe's last few teams couldn't get past Houston, probably, and would have trouble winning a game vs the modern iteration of the GSW. I think LBJ hoped some external force would break up the GSW.

I think Lebron is top 5 all time....

But another issue... I think he either faked or exaggerated his injury. Just watched him do elaborate dabs and handshakes and high fives as he was leaving the court... with his broken hand??? If it’s broke, why are you doing that?

I think it more likely he played through pain, as he intended to do, until the end of the series/season. IDK if he KNEW it was broken or found out after the series ended.

And he's trying to thread a needle that may be impossible to thread. He wants enough talent to win a title, but not so much talent that LBJ doesn't receive the lion's share of the credit. Don' think, for a single second, that LBJ doesn't privately fume every time a pundit points out that LBJ needed Kyrie to make that dagger three late to cement Cleveland's title. Sure, LBJ CORRECTLY gets most of the credit for that title. But Kyrie is 1B or a close 2 when it comes to getting credit.
LeBron wants that number 2 to be a distant second.
If KD wasn't in GSW, it might be possible to thread that needle. But, KD is in GSW, so it probably isn't possible for LBJ to do what he'd like to do.
I still think LBJ stays in Cleveland. Paul might relish a smaller role where he can coast all regular season and focus on scoring, most like from the perimeter, while LBJ runs the team.
Honestly, if the Cavs could dump Korver and Smith, they could be dangerous against next year.
No doubt Kyrie was LeBron’s #2 or 1B when Cleveland won it all in 2016. Kyrie scored more than 40 points on several occasions in that Finals. I have told many of my friends LBJ and the Cavs would not have won the 2016 Finals without Kyrie’s heroics. He put on an offensive clinic on any Warrior who tried guarding him in that Finals. One of my old friends (Duke hater) tried saying LeBron and any mediocre point guard would have been able to come back against the Warriors in 2016, needless to say me and that guy aren’t friends any more, but we are not friends for different reasons haha although I will say it’s nice not having to listen to his stupid opinionated biases/hatred against Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT