ADVERTISEMENT

L O A D E D ! !

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
I just keep looking at this roster. Yes the big pieces of this puzzle are amazing and coming together nicely but even the small pieces are standing out. I was thinking with Amile and Grayson and Matt being who they are blended with the likes of Giles, Tatum, Jackson, and Bolden the others may have a hard time pulling minutes but dayum. Luke is looking and sounding mighty ready. Jeter seems really focused, his build is way beyond his arrival, kids been putting in serious work. DeLaurier looks like he can hold his own as well. Substitutions don't hurt us at all this season. I love that. I don't like to get to cocky pre season but I think this team is going to put a lot of teams in the hurt locker. I'm so pumped for CTC I'm like a kid counting down to Christmas. This team is 100 times more fluid than last. Ball movement is gonna be silky smooth. Communication will be great as well. This is that team that plays so well at times you find yourself laughing out loud. Let's do this !

Have I mentioned that I love when you post things like this.

Of all the players, I'm most interested to see Jeter. It seemed like he had the drive and the enthusiasm, but he was having a trouble putting it all together. He was a different player at the end of the season though and I really hope he can assert himself this year.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Reactions: atl-heel
Just think, Coach K had a hard time last year putting a sub in the game which he had great confidence in except for a couple of the players. This year we have 3 players with National Championship experience who are pretty darn good basketball players. There won't be many teams in the nation that can say they have 2 players as good as Grayson and Amile and no team in the nation with two seniors who played in the NCAA Championship game plus having a player who scored 16 points in that game. Even without the recruiting year Duke had they would be hard out for most teams but then add in the recruits and it gets really freaking exciting.

And ps dbav, i'm with you in being pumped about Jeter.

Nice thread Show, happy to have a thread that discusses our upcoming team!

On the Luke front, I think he has a big year for us. It's going to be tough to keep him out of the lineup because he just complements the other pieces around him so perfectly. A good comparison would be Klay Thompson on the USA team right now (but hopefully playing better defense and not moping when his shot isn't falling-and i'm not saying that about klay overall just this tourney.) Luke should allow Grayson and Tatum to have clearer lanes to drive when he's on the floor. He's also a very underrated driver and passer.

As for Jeter- got to love his energy and drive. We were hoping last year that we could run that 2 in 2 out bigs we did in 2010; Jeter wasn't ready and Amile got hurt. The rest is history. Jeter should definitely contribute and have some big moments. He seems to be much more confident and a lot of that has to do with him understanding why he was having those frustrations last year. Sometimes it takes bigs a lot longer. Hopefully he can help Bolden along as well when he inevitably hits a few down spots during the year.

Reactions: dbav
Agreed, when Luke gets dialed in he can truly be a game changer. He seems like the kind of kid that would have that JJ like drive in that his 3 just feels like it's good every time he lets it go. Mike Krzyzewski seriously does not get the kudos he deserves on the recruiting front. The man is absolutely annihilating the recruiting game. Another thing that's exciting me is that solid core of coaches we have now to compliment this incredible flock of talent. Of course winning it all is an amazing feat but this is as perfect as it gets as far as having all the tools needed to go the distance. If this group stays healthy, the team poster may need to be based on a KISS theme....."ALL HELL'S BREAKING LOOSE !" ;)

The fact that you can bring in Kennard, Jones, Bolden, and Jeter off the bench is nice. DeLaurier will probably get some burn just because of his motor. Guys like Vrank and Robinson will also get some garbage time this year I imagine in some games. Jack White as well. It's gonna be fun if nothing else!

Agreed, when Luke gets dialed in he can truly be a game changer. He seems like the kind of kid that would have that JJ like drive in that his 3 just feels like it's good every time he lets it go. Mike Krzyzewski seriously does not get the kudos he deserves on the recruiting front. The man is absolutely annihilating the recruiting game. Another thing that's exciting me is that solid core of coaches we have now to compliment this incredible flock of talent. Of course winning it all is an amazing feat but this is as perfect as it gets as far as having all the tools needed to go the distance. If this group stays healthy, the team poster may need to be based on a KISS theme....."ALL HELL'S BREAKING LOOSE !" ;)

I love it the closer we get to the season because Show gets active and we know he becomes a predator . Hunting down the trolls. MSN.

This year there will be so much less pressure on Luke and Matt-defensively and psychologically. If that translates into those two guys upping their consistency from the outside, this team should be unstoppable on the offensive end. Can't here enough how the freshman, Amile, Jeter, and Luke are progressing.

I also can't wait to see the fight of last year's team with this year's talent. Last year our guys just wouldn't quit, ever. With Grayson, Matt, Luke, and Amile all back, the core of that fighting spirit will still be present with much deeper talent.

OFC

Reactions: 1 person
Could only be better if every scoreboard in the video read 82-50.

It's so exciting. It's going to be an absolute dogfight for minutes in the front court. From the sound of things, don't be shocked if bolden beats out Harry.

Is it November yet!?!??!

I'd be surprised if Bolden beats Harry in total minutes by season's end. What wouldn't surprise me is if he started over Harry and Harry became a super 6th man. I don't know that Harry starts to begin the year only to make sure his knee is good. There may be a chemistry developed with Bolden and the starting guards and Amile.

Harry will work his way into a start though.

I'd be surprised if Bolden beats Harry in total minutes by season's end. What wouldn't surprise me is if he started over Harry and Harry became a super 6th man. I don't know that Harry starts to begin the year only to make sure his knee is good. There may be a chemistry developed with Bolden and the starting guards and Amile.

Harry will work his way into a start though.
Agreed. I think Bolden starts with Amile to begin the year. I think you bring Harry along slowly.

Coach K's coming home and he will sort things out. This may be his toughest coaching year yet as far as making decisions on playing time. OFC

Duke will have three or four guys coming off the bench who could probably start for 90% of the country. Add that to two freshman one-and-done lottery pick talents, the Preseason NPOY, and the best coach in the country. It is going to be a fun ride.

Duke will have three or four guys coming off the bench who could probably start for 90% of the country. Add that to two freshman one-and-done lottery pick talents, the Preseason NPOY, and the best coach in the country. It is going to be a fun ride.

I think you mean Duke has a couple of players who will come off the bench that would start for 99% of the country and a couple more that would start for 90%. But your main point is right on - this should be a special team.

I think the biggest question for this team will be: .......

what should the theme song for running onto the floor at CTC be?

I think the biggest question for this team will be: .......

what should the theme song for running onto the floor at CTC be?

Great question and I'm still thinking of one for CTC but I have one that the Duke pep band could play and The Crazies could sing the chorus all night when uncheat comes to Cameron. OFC

I really like, 'Have you ever had your face kicked in?' by HonkeyT.

dbav, Cryin Like a Bitch is my favorite Heavy Bag workout song. And the video is just plain badass.

Reactions: dbav
dbav, Cryin Like a Bitch is my favorite Heavy Bag workout song. And the video is just plain badass.

They were putting out their music when I was in high school. Had some friends that went to a few of their concerts.

I was always more of a Weezer guy myself, haha.

I just watched a video of Harry Giles working out and he was moving pretty good and was making all kinds of shots from dunks and layups to midrange and long range jump shots. If his game looks that good while he's still rehabbing his knee I can't wait to see how good his game is going to look when he's even closer to 100%

Reactions: skysdad
I just watched a video of Harry Giles working out and he was moving pretty good and was making all kinds of shots from dunks and layups to midrange and long range jump shots. If his game looks that good while he's still rehabbing his knee I can't wait to see how good his game is going to look when he's even closer to 100%
Agreed. And we still have two plus months before the first game of the season. I say bring him along slowly but he's already well ahead of schedule. Kudos to him and the medical staff.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Agreed. And we still have two plus months before the first game of the season. I say bring him along slowly but he's already well ahead of schedule. Kudos to him and the medical staff.

I just hope he's spry enough to play above the rim with kennedy meeks. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT