ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

Unless Carter can be a rim protector in college basketball, losing Amile and Matt will show defensively. Bamba, is instant defense.

Knox can play the same role at Tatum. Not the scorer but better committed as a defender. I feel Knox is a great fix all around.

Bamba will do so much to impact the game defensively and will get his points in the paint. Also a great fit at Duke.

Know can add more multi-positionally and can stretch the floor to make space for a big. Duke has more recent success with Knox type of players. Also, I don't think Bamba will come to Duke.

Wouldn't a little defense in the middle with Bamba be a good thing? I mean considering this year, 12, and 14. The longer Bolden stays silent the more likely he stays.

I know I sound like a spoiled child considering we've won two national titles in the last 7 years but I'm at the point where I just want 1. To start recruiting guys who are committed to defense and will stay more than 1 or 2 years. I miss the days where Duke was consistently the best defensive team in the country and the floor slap meant something. 2. Cutting down on the transfers. It's really killing us. I don't care what anyone says. I know nobody wants that or can really help it but something is really wrong where you have such an increase in the transfer rate over the past 7-8 years. 3. Only recruiting 1 OAD a period. I know they won us a championship a few years back but I just enjoy watching guys and teams develop over time. I really respect how Kansas and Arizona run their programs and develop their players. I sure many won't agree with me but it's just the way I feel.

Transfers are hard and I definitely think it is the difference in a long tournament run. It is going to be hard though when you the kids realize in year 1 they are likely to get recruited over all 4 seasons.

When was the last time Duke was a top defensive team? I think that definitely goes hand in hand with freshman. Granted in Dukes last title run their defense was great in the tournament...just not all season.

Reactions: germantondevil
Transfers are hard and I definitely think it is the difference in a long tournament run. It is going to be hard though when you the kids realize in year 1 they are likely to get recruited over all 4 seasons.

When was the last time Duke was a top defensive team? I think that definitely goes hand in hand with freshman. Granted in Dukes last title run their defense was great in the tournament...just not all season.

Defense definitely down last couple years....
OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
He could spend 3 years longer then he wants to in college.

...in six weeks. :)

If he just commits to unc he will earn a degree before he gets there from the comfort of his living room taking all the courses he needs on line and never go to class. Just hang out on Franklin St. and the gym and maintain that 4.0 G.P.A. paper course schedule. Who couldn't turn that down. OFC

I know I sound like a spoiled child considering we've won two national titles in the last 7 years but I'm at the point where I just want 1. To start recruiting guys who are committed to defense and will stay more than 1 or 2 years. I miss the days where Duke was consistently the best defensive team in the country and the floor slap meant something. 2. Cutting down on the transfers. It's really killing us. I don't care what anyone says. I know nobody wants that or can really help it but something is really wrong where you have such an increase in the transfer rate over the past 7-8 years. 3. Only recruiting 1 OAD a period. I know they won us a championship a few years back but I just enjoy watching guys and teams develop over time. I really respect how Kansas and Arizona run their programs and develop their players. I sure many won't agree with me but it's just the way I feel.
Maybe we'll hire tony Bennett when ks. Done

100% agree with you.

Yes, you kind of sound like a spoiled child -- but if everyone were honest on this board, they would say the same thing.

Limiting the OADs would limit the talent pool that Duke recruits dramatically. If you look at the Mock draft for 2017 on DraftExpress there are 10 freshmen and 1 international players that are project before the FIRST upper classman -- Justin Jackson! Duke has a couple of BIG competitive advantages over other institutions. Lots of games are televised, Coach K is the GOAT, Duke is a really good school. former players are in the NBA, coaching at a high level, in the front office of NBA teams, or on TV.

Which guy do you pick? What if he gets injured? What if one of the freshman has a breakout year? He entered not thinking he was a one-and-done, but by the time the season is over "his stock isn't going to get higher". I'm thinking Justise or Tyus here.

I would like to see the NBA clear the way for high schoolers to enter when they want to. That would eliminate most of the OAD problems. If you come in you have to stay for 2 years -- if you drop out after the 1st year you have to go into the D-League and not the NBA.

Problem is the NBA is not rushing to fix anything. because they really are not affected.

Spoiled child? Yeah, me too -- after all I am a Duke fan ;).

"I would like to see the NBA clear the way for high schoolers to enter when they want to. That would eliminate most of the OAD problems. If you come in you have to stay for 2 years -- if you drop out after the 1st year you have to go into the D-League and not the NBA."

This would be a welcome addition to college basketball. No doubt. The NBA wouldn't like it but they actually would benefit by finding out who the real studs are and who had an inflated high school reputation. It is a shame this probably won't happen but look at what these type rules have done to elevate the college football game.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
2F8E0825-D9A9-4531-AC66-030B14F049F1_zpst4rzeofx.jpg

I probably missed it and it's probably on this thread but has Knox give a date he is announcing where he's going. I'm too lazy to look. OFC

I'm glad someone posted the pic of him in his mizz uniform along with porter jr and some other guy. He goes for a visit and they happen to have a jersey made up for him with a photo shoot of him porter and just some other dude for Missouri. Before his trip to Missouri I would of picked you guys or the cheats. I would of gave the cheats the slight edge since they willl lose everything and he's very similar to Jackson and can play the whole game. If he chose duke he would automatically be your starting 3 since carter is your 4 and bolden is likely your starting 5. He can also play the two but I don't see him wanting to split time with allen, Jackson, Trent, and if you land duval he's never coming out unless it's fatigue or foul trouble. I'm with you on him going to Missouri if you can't get him. They might actually win 18 games with him and porter, with a combined 3 assists between the two on the season. The funniest part about all of this is both his parents went to fla state and they actually have a good program right now and they aren't even in the mix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT