ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

He's been pretty high on UNC for some time now. I think he made up his mind a couple weeks ago. That said, he wouldn't be the first person to change his mind.

Look, if he's the kind of guy that would choose Roy and UNC over K and Duke, then (no offense to the young man) I'd rather save that scholarship for someone more perceptive. But hey, that's just the opinion of a true blue, Duke loving, Devil backer.

I'd like him to make the right choice.

No clue but that would matter IMO

There's been a lot of buzz on this one lately. Who knows where he ends up. All I know is, Carolina needs to win this one. Badly.

What's the general feel on the duke side?

Show, why do you think that? I mean I agree bc I actually heard the visit is to tell Roy he's going to UNC and the visit to Duke is to tell he isn't going to Duke.

There's been a lot of buzz on this one lately. Who knows where he ends up. All I know is, Carolina needs to win this one. Badly.

What's the general feel on the duke side?
Not sure how many times the same question can be asked. Nearly every insider we have feels he's going to unc.

Not sure how many times the same question can be asked. Nearly every insider we have feels he's going to unc.
Chad Lykins: Duke
Andrew Slater: Duke
Adam Rowe: Duke

You're welcome to believe what you want but saying nearly 'every insider' is picking UNC is demonstrably false.

There are several folks on this board who have such strong opinions that we're not getting certain guys: Bolden, Duval, now Knox. More often than not those folks are wrong. Please stop pretending you have some inside scoop - you're guessing like the rest of us.

I remember a few years ago on this board there were people saying that Tyus wouldn't choice Duke. And rumors Brandon Ingram being a lock to UNC.... Well that all was proven wrong. I feel Knox is split between Duke UNC and FSU... The decision will come down to which team he feels gives him the best chance to win a national title and showcase his SF/Pf skills...

Reactions: pisgah101
Each school has a prime time SF on there roster now but compared to how Duke showcases it's SF more effectively than UNC over the years. It's Jackson junior year and Tatum only a freshman. But Tatum is at that level now. FSU also has a good chance with Bacon and Issac are both who Knox is watching how he fits the offense. Duke is right there

I remember a few years ago on this board there were people saying that Tyus wouldn't choice Duke. And rumors Brandon Ingram being a lock to UNC.... Well that all was proven wrong. I feel Knox is split between Duke UNC and FSU... The decision will come down to which team he feels gives him the best chance to win a national title and showcase his SF/Pf skills...

Yep and I personally feel it's more duke/fsu then cryolina

I have not seen one of our insiders say it was UNC, not sure where you saw that. Most have said it will be a battle between Duke/UNC.

Look, if he's the kind of guy that would choose Roy and UNC over K and Duke, then (no offense to the young man) I'd rather save that scholarship for someone more perceptive. But hey, that's just the opinion of a true blue, Duke loving, Devil backer.

I'd like him to make the right choice.

I know. Let's see.....goofy ass Roy or Coach K....hmmmm. How is there even a decision to make??

Never wanted to cause a buzz like this... sorry if I have.... i just trust those 4 as usually they are spot on as well... but let's be honest no one knows what an 16-17-18 year old will do.... hell im 31 and I cant decide what I want to eat! Kids will change there minds, people will be wrong... only thing to do is let it play out and see how it goes ( I hate waiting)

Reactions: topps coach
I am one that has said UNC but it's just a gutt feeling (I think that's influenced by Harrison Barnes). I know BI picked Duke and I should get over the HB decision but still.

Unless we have 2 out of Kennard, Allen, and Duval, Knox is a huge need. And, if we lose the bigs that potentially could leave/not be healthy, we still need Knox even if we have two of those 3.

I don't think he's coming to Duke, but I'm not basing it off any pretend information. It's simply my gut.

That said, the common theme has been lees and less chatter about Duke and more for UNC. Is that true or a little bit for manufactured suspense? I don't know. The Knox family, to their credit, has been incredibly tight-lipped.

I don't think he's coming to Duke, but I'm not basing it off any pretend information. It's simply my gut. That said, the common theme has been lees and less chatter about Duke and more for UNC. Is that true or a little bit for manufactured suspense? I don't know. The Knox family, to their credit, has been incredibly tight-lipped.
Good question. My impression is that he and his family had some very positive things to say about UNC and especially Coach Roy, and haven't been similarly glowing about us or the other schools. Then there's his comment that "UNC needs me" vs. "UK/Duke want me" which could be viewed as more favorable to UNC, especially in that he lumps us in with UK. But like you said, for the most part everything has been tight-lipped, so we're all just parsing random quotes and keeping fingers crossed.

I'll be very curious if - after our meeting with him tomorrow - any of our Insiders get intel one way or the other.

Think we have an inhome with him sometime next month.It will be telling to see if that holds up.Maybe K can go into the house about twenty minutes after Roy leaves lol

Chad Lykins: Duke
Andrew Slater: Duke
Adam Rowe: Duke

You're welcome to believe what you want but saying nearly 'every insider' is picking UNC is demonstrably false.

There are several folks on this board who have such strong opinions that we're not getting certain guys: Bolden, Duval, now Knox. More often than not those folks are wrong. Please stop pretending you have some inside scoop - you're guessing like the rest of us.
You're right. I should tell the folks that give me info to stop bc they're guessing. Good call. Just to be clear I said nearly every insider we have- aka DI, the folks you mentioned are not DI. Does it matter? Actually yes, because those guys have a system where you're "graded" on how far out you predict something. Things have changed with Knox, it's not a guess. Could it swing back to us? Sure, but it's highly unlikely. Also, whoever said folks were wrong on tyus- I'm not sure what they were smoking but tyus was in the bag for us since his soph year.

You're right. I should tell the folks that give me info to stop bc they're guessing. Good call. Just to be clear I said nearly every insider we have- aka DI, the folks you mentioned are not DI. Does it matter? Actually yes, because those guys have a system where you're "graded" on how far out you predict something. Things have changed with Knox, it's not a guess. Could it swing back to us? Sure, but it's highly unlikely. Also, whoever said folks were wrong on tyus- I'm not sure what they were smoking but tyus was in the bag for us since his soph year.

hearing very similar things as you are down here in florida, for what its worth.

Knox's recruitment has always been iffy, and it seems the trend has shifted to the UNC side. But we saw last year with Bolden how much it flip flopped, though we had some decent info based on visits and such. I personally think it's Knox. I'd like to be wrong though.

I believe it comes down that Knox doesn't want to play the four and prefers playing the 3. His outside shooting is very suspect. I am one of the big believers in developing Javon. Like many have said, Duvall is the key, we need a point guard. He is our biggest and most important recruit. If Knox comes, great, if not, no real biggie for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
Knox's recruitment has always been iffy, and it seems the trend has shifted to the UNC side. But we saw last year with Bolden how much it flip flopped, though we had some decent info based on visits and such. I personally think it's Knox. I'd like to be wrong though.
You mean unc right? I know you have zero inside info and are just guessing like me.

Reactions: dukehokie
What do we really know though? All the info a few years ago about Ingram was so pro UNC. Most, including me, thought he was going to UNC.

I do think Knox will go to UNC but I have to admit him making a trip to DUKE today and having a 2 hour meeting with the staff is something I can't wrap my head around. Tell the staff thank you but no thank you? Asking the staff specific questions on how they would play him using examples from yesterday's game? ...

Knox is not Tatum, Ingram or Parker as a shooter, but could impact the team and develop his shooting much like Justise.

I don't see the timing of the visits having any bearing. It was just the logistics of the situation. If the game was on Sunday, Knox would have visited Duke first and talked to UNC on Sunday. That said, I have no idea where Knox will go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT