ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

Yea it's April 7. He did say he would announce between the 10-16 of April. Looks good for Duke. Coaches visit and he moves it up to event before.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Hate to be THAT guy, but after seeing how good Semi turned out after getting PT, give me Javin and some of our current players. I'm frankly tired of some of these really athletic guys getting recruited over and then buried under the bench for years. I'd gladly trade one fun year of Knox/Bamba/Whomever for a senior Javin/Chase/White that leads our team to a banner. Just sayin'.

Hate to be THAT guy, but after seeing how good Semi turned out after getting PT, give me Javin and some of our current players. I'm frankly tired of some of these really athletic guys getting recruited over and then buried under the bench for years. I'd gladly trade one fun year of Knox/Bamba/Whomever for a senior Javin/Chase/White that leads our team to a banner. Just sayin'.

I am starting to think like this. I am of the opinion that those 3 guys from 2015 are the exception to the norm. Give me seniors that have been through the wars. When we recruit these one and dones this is when transfers start happening. As you said guys get buried and get tired of sitting.

Getting Duval would be like handing him the keys to a high performance auto mobile and saying it's yours. How could he turn that down. OFC

Last edited:
I watch some video on duval today... let's please get him those handles left me with my mouth open

DRBB , go to YouTube , type in Trevon Duval full game. There are many. He's played in some rough games, lol. Some of those crowds are so tough you need to be packin to cheer, lol.

DRBB , go to YouTube , type in Trevon Duval full game. There are many. He's played in some rough games, lol. Some of those crowds are so tough you need to be packin to cheer, lol.
Oh ok Thanks Show! Guess I wasn't typing it in correctly. Ha! I would type in Trevon Duval and it would just give me a bunch of mixtapes. Lol. Once again, thanks!

Well, I've always said Knox to UNCheat, forever, still thinking no he does. But I gotta say, talking to some folks today, the wind has switched direction a bit. If we end up with Wendell, Gary, Duval and Knox......H.S. !

K just me with Knox and now there's another news paper reporting they are meeting again today?

Reactions: pisgah101
Keep in mind he had almost two entire seasons/years off between playing at Duke and SMU. In just over one season at Duke, he played behind Jabari Parker and Justise Winslow, too. It was much more a matter of his being able to earn PT. He and Michael Gbinije are also the only two transfers from Duke who've amounted to much of anything elsewhere in decades. (Okay, and Elliot Williams, but that was just weird.)

But yes, I'd like to see another player who barely earns any PT as a freshman emerge as a real contributor. I guess Grayson counts, but we know why he was buried as a freshman, and we had plenty of evidence to suggest he would have a big sophomore year. Ryan Kelly might be the next good example before that. We've only had one season since 2010-11 when we didn't have a OAD. We've had 5 transfers in those 7 seasons, too, not including Sulaimon.

But what if Duval/Carter/Knox ended up being the equivalent of Tyus/Okafor/Winslow? I'd take that in a hearbeat!

I don't disagree with you necessarily, but why couldn't that be for Duval/Trent/Carter? I think a lot of similar things were said about Winslow as Trent at this point (beast athlete, mean streak, needs to improve shot).

I don't disagree with you necessarily, but why couldn't that be for Duval/Trent/Carter? I think a lot of similar things were said about Winslow as Trent at this point (beast athlete, mean streak, needs to improve shot).
It could be those 3. The guy was just saying he would prefer having the 4 year players as opposed to one and dones and that was my way of saying I'm fine with one and dones if they turn out like 2015. ;)

Reactions: dbav
I hope you guys are right. I reached out to some of the guys I know close to the program and University and got nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT