ADVERTISEMENT

Knox

This draft is so packed there isn't but 64 spots in it and twice that have declared lol. Everyone is going

Knox in home visits
Tuesday:

Florida State: Tuesday 6-7:15 PM
Kentucky: 8-10 PM

Wednesday:

Missouri: 6-7:15 PM
Duke: 8-9:15 PM

UNC not scheduled???

Last edited:
UK gets two hours?!!

That's according to the House of Blue. I found another schedule: Evan Daniels

Five-star Kevin Knox will host four schools for in-home visit this week.

Five-star forward Kevin Knox has scheduled four visits for this week.

Knox's visits start on Tuesday evening, when he welcomes Florida State from 6:00 to 7:15. Then Kentucky will come by his house from 8:00 to 9:15.

On Wednesday, Knox will have Missouri and Duke in-home. Missouri is scheduled to be at the Knox house from 6:00 to 7:15. Duke will follow from 8:00 to 9:15.

Knox has taken official visits all four schools that are expected to go in-home on Tuesday and Wednesday. He's also taken an official and multiple unofficial visits to North Carolina.

I also hope Berry leaves, but I'm not sure it makes much sense for him to do so. That said, he isn't going to be a first round pick whether he comes back or not....being that he has his national championship and most of his best friends won't be back next season maybe he just wants to start playing for money? It likely won't be in the NBA, but he'll still have a long professional career and make a lot of money.

I also hope Berry leaves, but I'm not sure it makes much sense for him to do so. That said, he isn't going to be a first round pick whether he comes back or not....being that he has his national championship and most of his best friends won't be back next season maybe he just wants to start playing for money? It likely won't be in the NBA, but he'll still have a long professional career and make a lot of money.
Right, is he going to get drafted? Absolutely not. Maybe he sees a guy like Quinn, dominate the D league and get a chance and believes in his ability to maximize it and get a shot- worst case go to Europe. Him coming back next year won't help his draft stock- you know what you're getting. I hope he leaves but wouldn't shock me either way.

Interesting UNC not getting an in-home visit. Could this mean that Knox knows something about UNC, possibly Bradley and Berry declaring for NBA???

Or could it be that as of now he is headed to UNCHeat and this is a final opportunity for the other schools to sway him?

Maybe....I actually thought that too. But I still feel as though he would give UNC a visit. Maybe he just doesn't have something lined up yet with UNC? I don't know.

I can't wait until we have a clear(er) picture a month from now. By then, we should just about know who will be at Duke and who won't. Right now this whole process is kind of wearing thin. It's already been a long six months....might as well make it seven.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Interesting UNC not getting an in-home visit. Could this mean that Knox knows something about UNC, possibly Bradley and Berry declaring for NBA???
I posted this over at THR (gasp) but my read on it is not much. His schedule for announcing aligns with how each roster will shake out. If Berry and Bradley leave I think Knox eliminates them and goes to mizzou. It both of them return, I think he goes to unc. I think the only chance of him swinging back to Duke is if Allen goes. If he and Jackson both return (which I ultimately think happens) I'd be surprised to see Knox choose Duke. These are my guesses based on his timeline and desire to play with a pg.

Right now this whole process is kind of wearing thin. It's already been a long six months....might as well make it seven.
Right at this point what difference does it make if it is another few weeks, in the grand scheme of things? Not a whole lot. Whether it happens this week or two or three weeks from now it'll be a long off season of over analyzing it all anyway.

I posted this over at THR (gasp) but my read on it is not much. His schedule for announcing aligns with how each roster will shake out. If Berry and Bradley leave I think Knox eliminates them and goes to mizzou. It both of them return, I think he goes to unc. I think the only chance of him swinging back to Duke is if Allen goes. If he and Jackson both return (which I ultimately think happens) I'd be surprised to see Knox choose Duke. These are my guesses based on his timeline and desire to play with a pg.

Im not confident at all that Knox comes with Duke making a last pitch effort to Bowens. What does concern me is that the staff must not have very much confidence in Javin.

Last edited:
Im not confident at all that Knox comes with Duke making a last pitch effort to Bowens. What does concern me is that the staff must not have very much confidence is Javin.

I think that's reading too much into it....with regards to Javin. They play their positions entirely different than one another....Knox is more of wing player who is comfortable off the bounce on the perimeter....that's not Javin's strength. I think more Amile or Lance when I think of Javin. He's going to be a very good player for us by the time he leaves Duke.

Reactions: dukephysics
Im not confident at all that Knox comes with Duke making a last pitch effort to Bowens. What does concern me is that the staff must not have very much confidence is Javin.
Why does this recruitment mean we don't have confidence in Javin? We arguably have 0-1 tall "wing" players on the roster for next year, with the only guy that fits that being Javin. We have roster spots so we should fill them. Plenty of depth in the backcourt (assuming we land Duval and Jackson/Grayson stay) and the frontcourt. That "wing" player is the spot where we are thin so might as well add some depth there. I just don't see any other position where recruiting another guy at that spot makes more sense.

That's according to the House of Blue. I found another schedule: Evan Daniels

Five-star Kevin Knox will host four schools for in-home visit this week.

Five-star forward Kevin Knox has scheduled four visits for this week.

Knox's visits start on Tuesday evening, when he welcomes Florida State from 6:00 to 7:15. Then Kentucky will come by his house from 8:00 to 9:15.

On Wednesday, Knox will have Missouri and Duke in-home. Missouri is scheduled to be at the Knox house from 6:00 to 7:15. Duke will follow from 8:00 to 9:15.

Knox has taken official visits all four schools that are expected to go in-home on Tuesday and Wednesday. He's also taken an official and multiple unofficial visits to North Carolina.

It also strikes me as the unofficial thank you blow-off to each of the remaining schools and he is decided on UNC. This is just giving the remaining schools a last ditch "hail mary" of acquiring him. Theres ANY NUMBER of ways to call it.

Personally I'd rather have a senior Grayson back and sophomore Frank than Knox. JMO...

OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
It also strikes me as the unofficial thank you blow-off to each of the remaining schools and he is decided on UNC. This is just giving the remaining schools a last ditch "hail mary" of acquiring him. Theres ANY NUMBER of ways to call it.

Personally I'd rather have a senior Grayson back and sophomore Frank than Knox. JMO...

OFC

Yeah, I think we could examine and re-examine over and over and be at the same place. Could it mean something? Yes. Does it? We'll likely never know.

Like I said earlier in this thread....40 days from now all of this will be blown over and we should have an idea of what our roster will look like. If it's one thing I've learned it's that I won't learn much trying to read the tea leaves of a recruit.

This guy posts on our board for recruiting info. He's very legit and knows a lot of stuff. Tifwiw to you.

1. Knox- Latest buzz has been Duke has been coming strong. I think it's Duke/UNC/UK in thatorder right now.

2. Bamba- UK until I hear something credible enough to change my mind. Mo really likes Shaka that is why you hear some Texas stuff. Writers take that and run, well Texas is also leaking that.

Why does this recruitment mean we don't have confidence in Javin? We arguably have 0-1 tall "wing" players on the roster for next year, with the only guy that fits that being Javin. We have roster spots so we should fill them. Plenty of depth in the backcourt (assuming we land Duval and Jackson/Grayson stay) and the frontcourt. That "wing" player is the spot where we are thin so might as well add some depth there. I just don't see any other position where recruiting another guy at that spot makes more sense.

Because we are recruiting Knox and now Bowen. Both of them are stretch 4's. I am all in favor of playing Javin, but I just don't believe the staff feels that way.

Imo he will have a ten plus year career in Europe and make more money than 90 percent of the general population.He has won his Natty and is 22 years old.No reason to lose a year of income especially when you only have a small window to earn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT