ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Goldwire

In general, everyone has been pretty spot on about Jordan. I love what he’s brought. I’d love to continue seeing him give Tre 4-5 minutes a game on the bench. That’s good news for everyone involved.

Looks like he is playing with s lot more confidence on the offensive end.
He is differently shooting the three with a lot more confidence. If he can continue to hit shot's his time will only increase!!!
OFC

Very proud of Goldy. His playing time has increased every season. I don’t understand why everyone was so critical of him when he committed to Duke. Coach K knows what talent to seek out to fit Duke’s playing system.

I believe the contribution Goldy provides goes beyond the stat sheet.

I use to be very critical of Tyler over Quinn. Maturity and the makeup of the team won me over when it came to Tyler, especially during the period Quinn, Parker and Rodney were competing for 1st round spots. Tyler kept that team together the best way he could.

Jordan shows that same attitude.

Hes going to be very valuable as a redshirt senior for the 2022 season
You think he's gonna redshirt next year? I don't see it. Roach will be our starter next year, but he's gonna need some help.

It would be nice to have Goldwire on the 2022 team though, that has a chance to be the next Duke super-team.

There aren't a lot of kids with the mental makeup of a Jordan Goldwire. Just think....3-star player, a host of mid-major programs rolling out the red carpet and he takes on the challenge of not only going to Duke, but playing significant minutes in parts of all three seasons (thus far). He's long exceeded expectations I had of him coming in....and it's not because of K giving him a chance. It's because of Jordan forcing K to play him.

You think he's gonna redshirt next year? I don't see it. Roach will be our starter next year, but he's gonna need some help.

It would be nice to have Goldwire on the 2022 team though, that has a chance to be the next Duke super-team.

No way he red shirts. Who would back up Roach and who's not to say that Jordan improves his game enough to start. OFC

Yes, K will have
1. Roach/steward
2. Wendell/aoc or kuminga/Aoc
3. Johnson/baker
So yea either way there will be 6 guys in the backcourt and wings, let Jordan redshirt hes very young turns 21 in june. Let him and baker come back for the 22 season as seniors and only upperclassmen.

Yes, K will have
1. Roach/steward
3. Johnson/baker
So yea either way there will be 6 guys in the backcourt and wings, let Jordan redshirt hes very young turns 21 in june. Let him and baker come back for the 22 season as seniors and only upperclassmen.
Don’t take this wrong, but this is a terrible idea. You’re sending a horrible message to returning guys (who contribute) by telling them that this unproven kid is better.
In all likelihood, they will be, but it isn’t guaranteed.

It's not a terrible idea to me and he should have a greater role for the 22 season may even get the keys and play significant minutes

It's not a terrible idea to me and he should have a greater role for the 22 season may even get the keys and play significant minutes
I get your theory, it has a 0.01% chance of happening, the only way a senior who currently plays will redshirt is if he tears an ACL this year or something.

And again, a senior that plays redshirting will never happen, but against your point, I think Jordan is currently higher in the pecking order than Alex, so Alex would probably be asked to redshirt before Jordan. Steward is a LIGHTS OUT shooter, not a backup PG, we need a backup PG next year. Between Baker and Steward, we got plenty of good shooters, can never have enough shooters though.

Might lightfoot a rising senior this year, redshirted for that very reason, having a great opportunity next year a former 4 star recruit at kansas.

Yes, K will have
1. Roach/steward
3. Johnson/baker

Coach K rarely redshirts freshmen....he's not redshirting a senior unless he's injured.

Jordan is likely going to be a senior captain next season.

Reactions: skysdad
I just dont see where he gets mins as the 7th guy in the backcourt/wings. Steward and roach are 5 star guys and the wendell who gets 20 mins a night now then senior Aoc, 5 star jalen and baker probably 1 of the best shooters in the country.

I just dont see where he gets mins as the 7th guy in the backcourt/wings. Steward and roach are 5 star guys and the wendell who gets 20 mins a night now then senior Aoc, 5 star jalen and baker probably 1 of the best shooters in the country.

Jordan is never going to play more than 25 minutes/night (average, I mean)....whether that's this year, next year or two years from now.

Plus, you're getting too caught up in assigning numbers to a players position. We've played Tre, Jordan and Wendell a lot together this season. On top of that, if we don't sign Dickinson you might see even less traditional lineups. If Jordan can defend, which we know he can, then he's going to find a way onto the court.

If roach and steward are 1 and done, imo goldwire is better than any PG in the 2021 class as a 5th year player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT