ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Goldwire

get out your popcorn, this thread should get interesting.

Reactions: dbav
I looked up some info on him and he is listed from 5'11" to 6'1" and like a 3 star. He might work out but I can't see him getting a lot of pt for the next couple of years. We do need some depth at pg and who knows how he may turn out. The NBA is full of late bloomers. OFC

I looked up some info on him and he is listed from 5'11" to 6'1" and like a 3 star. He might work out but I can't see him getting a lot of pt for the next couple of years. We do need some depth at pg and who knows how he may turn out. The NBA is full of late bloomers. OFC

First thought reading the tweet.... I thought of him as a Tyler Thorntonesque player... one that if he comes will know his role and do what is asked...

Sign him up. Duke needs a few role players. Everyone can't play 30+ minutes. Could be someone to help out down the road when the next great ones leave

Nothing eye popping on his mixtapes, but it looks like he sees the floor well and can use his left. If he's committed to working hard, it's a good deal for him and us. We've needed a guaranteed 4 year guard for 2 years. I'm glad we're looking at a serviceable guy like this.

He looks like one of those kids that goes to a low major team to start out and the transfers to Duke as a junior and brings the noise to the ACC. He's a high IQ guy.

Several schools much lesser than Duke passed on him, Rutgers, Georgia, and perhaps even the new UNCW staff. This seems to be a "Oh crap, Frank Jackson isn't coming back", get a body in here and hope Jones, Garland, and perhaps Dotson or Grimes will come in next year. Hello Jordan Davidson, the sequel. Hopefully it will be okay and he will play some as a Junior or Senior and help out post K era. I think there are better options still out there, Devonte Green or Fabian Rial are two. Green was great at the end of the New England Prep League and Rial played big minutes for IMG behind DuVal.

Several schools much lesser than Duke passed on him, Rutgers, Georgia, and perhaps even the new UNCW staff. This seems to be a "Oh crap, Frank Jackson isn't coming back", get a body in here and hope Jones, Garland, and perhaps Dotson or Grimes will come in next year. Hello Jordan Davidson, the sequel. Hopefully it will be okay and he will play some as a Junior or Senior and help out post K era. I think there are better options still out there, Devonte Green or Fabian Rial are two. Green was great at the end of the New England Prep League and Rial played big minutes for IMG behind DuVal.

Yeaaaaa buddy Jordan Davidson the sequel

First thought reading the tweet.... I thought of him as a Tyler Thorntonesque player... one that if he comes will know his role and do what is asked...

His shot reminds me of Tommy Amaker. Obviously he could be a Blue Devil for 8 years....he already has 4 under his belt.

Reminds me more of Andre Buckner

hungrysilva_zps9ebx6sdj.png

Sign him up. Duke needs a few role players. Everyone can't play 30+ minutes. Could be someone to help out down the road when the next great ones leave
Welcome to the family young man!

Good stuff! Duke needs these type kids to give continuity to the program!!!!This is EXACTLY the the type player the mid majors win with in March Madness over the more established "Blue Bloods" who may be stocked w/OAD's in starting line-up.... OFC

Things happen so quickly. Regardless of what happens as far as Duke recruiting goes the next few days we have a player who wants to be a Blue Devil and fully understands what his role is. Duke needs recruits like him and Alex O'Connell every year. every year Looking forward to watching him improve and by the time his senior day arrives we will be calling him Captain Goldwire. OFC

Things happen so quickly. Regardless of what happens as far as Duke recruiting goes the next few days we have a player who wants to be a Blue Devil and fully understands what his role is. Duke needs recruits like him and Alex O'Connell every year. every year Looking forward to watching him improve and by the time his senior day arrives we will be calling him Captain Goldwire. OFC

Sky Amen, comments like those of you and Mac are so on-target! This is great for stability especially at a position like PG...We dont want to be reliant on reloading on OAD's every season... OFC

Sky Amen, comments like those of you and Mac are so on-target! This is great for stability especially at a position like PG...We dont want to be reliant on reloading on OAD's every season... OFC

We poke a lot of fun at hof coach roy williams but he is successful in having players hang around. I know a lot of it just happens because he is not getting the OAD's and don't let anyone fool you into believing he's not trying but give him credit in the fact that he is making the best of the situation. His problem is that if he doesn't start getting some OAD caliber players he's not gonna have the upper class men talent to compete. He's been blessed the last few years to have just enough talent to stay in contention especially the last 2 years. Maybe this long lingering decision on the academic scandal keep on hurting him even if that come out smelling like roses. OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
I have no knowledge of his game. However from his tweets and interviews , he seems like a kid who wants to be here and help out anyway possible.
In four years maybe he develops into a great player and gives us a reason to buy a Nike national championship shirt that feels like a shirt from baby GAP.
Just sayin

I think it's a great commitment. Finding a good kid...3* rating that is willing to come and likely not play for 3 years. Those guys absolutely help a program if they work hard, practice hard and have a great attitude...even if it isn't seen on the court for a while.

I think it's a great commitment. Finding a good kid...3* rating that is willing to come and likely not play for 3 years. Those guys absolutely help a program if they work hard, practice hard and have a great attitude...even if it isn't seen on the court for a while.
And it's quite possible that he improves some to where he could fill in if the next point guard has a few struggles. In all probability after 17-18 season, Duke will have no guard experience, and maybe with him in program for a year he could be of some assistance.

The thing with this add is that if they kept up with some other guys or actually cast the net a little wider like in the past we could've gotten someone more highly rated. This was obviously a scramble move and i hope duval still comes

Reactions: hart2chesson
The thing with this add is that if they kept up with some other guys or actually cast the net a little wider like in the past we could've gotten someone more highly rated. This was obviously a scramble move and i hope duval still comes

Scramble move or not I'm glad it happened. OFC

I don't think this necessarily means one of Duval and Frank will not be at Duke. This is very consistent with taking Vrank and White. You need capable guys that won't bitch and whine about PT and just want to win. I think we've found that in this young fella. The exposure, connections and degree he'll earn surely beat anything Eastern Kentucky was offering. Welcome to the big time, Mr. Goldwire.

Okay. Guess I'll be the one who will say it. WHAT THE ****? TAKING A NON-RANKED PG MAKES NO SENSE AS HE WONT SEE THE FLOOR THIS YEAR WITH DUVAL EVEN IF JACKSON LEAVES.

Regarding next year, we have Garland and Jones on lock and even if Garland is one and done, would bet that Jones stays at least 2 seasons. So there are 3 years that Goldust won't see the floor. Am I missing something?

If Jackson doesn't come back...duval can't play all 40 minutes every game...if Jackson returns...he practices and learns the system and works towards his duke degree.....after next season we lose grayson..duval...frank...and maybe trent

Reactions: hart2chesson
I won't be mad if this kid gets major PT. Duval may not come and Frank may leave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT