ADVERTISEMENT

HAPPY ZION DAY

Lmao, you want to read something finny, check out the Zion thread on our other Duke board RR. Them inbreds will never learn. They were talking smack and ended up looking like the dumbasses they are. Pure comedy when he exploded for 17 points in 3:08.

Lmao, you want to read something finny, check out the Zion thread on our other Duke board RR. Them inbreds will never learn. They were talking smack and ended up looking like the dumbasses they are. Pure comedy when he exploded for 17 points in 3:08.

they can’t help it, it’s in their nature to talk crap and then be wrong and look like idiots.

First three minutes of the second half and we’ve already seen the ‘burst’ more than in the entire first half. Even Coach Gentry said Zion was playing to just fit in with his teammates.

It's kinda funny that you mentioned 3 minutes and 'burst' in this post, DJ, cause that's exactly what he had in the 4th quarter, and what a glorious '3 minute burst' it was!
You shouldn't have went to bed so early!:D

OFC

It's kinda funny that you mentioned 3 minutes and 'burst' in this post, DJ, cause that's exactly what he had in the 4th quarter, and what a glorious '3 minute burst' it was!
You shouldn't have went to bed so early!:D

OFC

I missed it too. Have to jump on a plane in an hour so wanted to get some shut eye. Damn! Glad to see he’s getting comfortable, quickly.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

Lmao. They were the ones who said he wouldn’t be good in college and then said he wouldn’t be good in the NBA.

All they have left is “he’s NOT going to be good at golf in retirement!”

Lmao. They were the ones who said he wouldn’t be good in college and then said he wouldn’t be good in the NBA.

All they have left is “he’s NOT going to be good at golf in retirement!”
Exactly Q! Now he only had a good game because the other players have played almost half a season already. They are lucky I'm not a mod when some try post here. I'll be too scared that dumb disease could spread through the internet.

they can’t help it, it’s in their nature to talk crap and then be wrong and look like idiots.
I've never seen anything like it in my life. Nothing wrong with saying another player that didn't go to Ky is a good player. Lord knows they got just as many so called duds than stars, but always talking bad about Dukes guys.

Zion was magnificent in the 4th quarter. Looking forward to seeing him get into game shape because he was not close. Lonzo Ball did a great job of making sure Zion got the ball when he was on a tear, Lonzo could be a great point guard for Zion.

Is it just me, or does Zion always live up to the hype?

The best part is watching the haters have to still act like they aren’t impressed.. “So what? He had the greatest 3 minutes in NBA rookie history.. Tyler Herro hit 7 threes last night to help his team win, and ESPN isn’t making a big deal about that”

I don’t remember ever downplaying how good MJ or Anthony Davis were/are despite haaaating their college teams.. If you can’t enjoy what Zion is doing for the sport, then you’re a miserable person.

They were praying Zion would be the next Sean May lol.

This was funny from Rupp’s Rafters but it is a few over there who are dissing the Zion haters, so props to those few.

I dont think anyone here said he was going to suck. What people are questioning is how long can a now-285lb body on a 6 foot 6 frame can last. And that's completely fair to speculate.

This guy is gold. Maybe he’s reading this board because I just posted this above:

Also, Zion becoming one of the greatest players in the league isn't exactly a good thing if you're Kentucky going up against Duke/Coach K.

Yes, there are legit reason for Kentucky fans to want this guy to fail.

I missed it too. Have to jump on a plane in an hour so wanted to get some shut eye. Damn! Glad to see he’s getting comfortable, quickly.

I'm sure a lot of people missed it, 14-44, but there shouldn't be any problem catching that 3:08 burst of basketball dominance video. It was awesome!

OFC

OK it's gonna take him a half. OFC

Yeah, it certainly looked like it was going to take him some games to start feeling at ease...but him being ZION, I just couldn't turn away because, well, he's Zion and he's not a normal human being. And sure enough he put that Zion cape on again. I've never seen anything like him in my life. He has no equal.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Great to see him back last night. Definitely looked reserved as he tried to find his role for spots of 3 quarters. 4th quarter was a thing of beauty!

I will say I didn’t see the same smile and enthusiasm last night that we saw last year at Duke. Also he was candid in recent interviews on how much he’s wanted to get back out there. I think this knee thing has got to him a bit mentally. Once his confidence returns to his body and that joy returns he’s gonna be so much fun to watch!

Why did Gentry sit Zion at the end?? You could hear the crowd chanting for him through the TV.
Last night was a great night for the NBA, a great night for Zion, and a great night to be a Duke fan.

I saw a reporter after the game talking about that, Jwill. He said that when Zion was in the middle of that burst that 'they' (whoever it was that was in charge of his minutes) wanted Gentry to get him out of the game, and Gentry said let me give him a little more 'rope'...give me 2 more minutes, and so they agreed, but as soon as the timeout came up that was all they were going to allow.

Also, the reporter said that Zion asked Gentry to keep him in and said, 'I can win us this game, coach', but Gentry told him he couldn't do it that he had to campaign to get him those couple of extra minutes. It sounded like coach wanted him to play, but it was out of his hands.

OFC

Reactions: jwill133
I saw a reporter after the game talking about that, Jwill. He said that when Zion was in the middle of that burst that 'they' (whoever it was that was in charge of his minutes) wanted Gentry to get him out of the game, and Gentry said let me give him a little more 'rope'...give me 2 more minutes, and so they agreed, but as soon as the timeout came up that was all they were going to allow.

Also, the reporter said that Zion asked Gentry to keep him in and said, 'I can win us this game, coach', but Gentry told him he couldn't do it that he had to campaign to get him those couple of extra minutes. It sounded like coach wanted him to play, but it was out of his hands.

OFC
You are exactly right. Gentry has come out and said "I wanted to play him the rest of the game, the trainers said no." Oh well.

Man was that exciting last night! I was laying in bed watching it falling asleep since I got up at 5am to go to work. After the outburst, I ended up watching the whole game even though he was taken out. I wanted a win so bad and I'm not really an NBA fan lol. Pels have a really good young team if they can keep it together.

Reactions: Quavarius
You are exactly right. Gentry has come out and said "I wanted to play him the rest of the game, the trainers said no." Oh well.
Wow, I hate to hear that. My thought is, if 5 more minutes was going to injure him.. he shouldn’t be out there playing at all.. they should have him in the G-League until 22 minutes of NBA play isn’t going to kill him.

Reactions: jwill133
I think it's wise to restrict his minutes. We all want to see him play, but he's been out for a long time, and he needs to get into game shape. God willing he has a long and incredible career ahead of him. I don't know ANYTHING, but if it were me I would limit him to 20-25 mins a game thru the regular season. No need to rush this.

And honestly, isn't there some really cool realm of unknown? He had to come out, but what if he stayed in?? Would he have taken over and won the game in his first game? Maybe he would. I say yes he would have! :)

Was never a fan of his until now. However, Lonzo Ball is a perfect fit for Zion. Tremendous passer, always has his head up, throws amazing lob passes.
I envision many Lonzo to Zion alley-oops.
When I first read that, I thought you meant you weren’t a fan of Zion at all lol. But I definitely know what you mean. Lonzo and Zion are going to make each other look even better. And I think Zion’s playing style is going to complement Brandon Ingram as well and make him even more of a rising star.

When they put him on the bike, I figured that was it for his first night and I headed off to bed. I completely missed the 17 point blitz. Probably better that way, though, since I wouldn’t have been able to sleep after seeing that.
I think the Pelicans are going to snag that 8 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT