ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS YALE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

So if you take the 9-0 run at the beginning of the game into account, we've outscored them by 28 since.

He's got everything but the shot, his passing, on court decisions and ft shooting is fantastic.

Good win in spite of some concerns. Wish Obi would get a shot to help inside.

Much better performance by Branson tonight! Hope he continues to improve, we need his scoring!

OFC

I'll take this game. Thought we could have played better. Coach K is giving Kennard plenty of opportunities to break out. OFC

Much better performance by Branson tonight! Hope he continues to improve, we need his scoring!

OFC
his points were garbage points. Brandon is exactly what people expected of him BEFORE the McDonalds week. He's not a OAD player... Or at least he shouldn't be

I'm not sold on Kennard being JJ like, I hope I'm wrong and hope he finds his shot.

Alls well that ends well as they say i guess....not very convincing though

Better second half; Ingram not making shots other than those very close to the basket, Kennard not yet shooting as we expected, good game by Jones and Jefferson. Thought Thornton could have been more aggressive and I see glimpses of Jeter that I like.

Thought Ingram looked better tonight. Really liked that 1-3-1. It looks like a form of organized chaos, haha.

Good to see Luke hit one near the end. I like everything Jeter shows when he's in. Thornton was quiet but managed the game well at the end.

Really great to see how steady Matt and Amile are.

Reactions: skysdad
I thought our defense would be advance this year but so far that hasn't been the case, it's been frustrating to watch.

But we won and I'm proud of our team. Glad to see Brandon had a good game today

I'm reading Coach K post game comments and I think they are concerning. Of course seeing them being said would put them in better context but it does not read like he believes this team can be very good defensively.

Last edited:
^^Then you are probably reading them wrong. As for Obi I don't care what he technically is if he gets major minutes this year or any min in a competitive game then we are prob in trouble

This team is like a big puzzle to me. We have 10 or so puzzle pieces that don't fit together precisely just yet. Some fit much better than others but some are not ready. One or two of them may take a good bit more time to work properly if they ever actually do. Its frustrating because we know what we all want and thats a team that plays well together by shooting well, playing really tough defense, rebounding and having limited mistakes. I would like to see us win pretty every game.

Last edited:
I really appreciate what Marshall has done, but he needs to come off of the bench. Let jeter play, please let him play!

MP3 tried to post up and demanded the ball on many occasions. But why? We all know he won't be able to do anything with the ball in that situation. Not sure why he would not come out to set a screen for Allen at the wing instead. We didn't really set a screen for Allen to let him get in the paint. That would have been the best offense strategy against Yale. He is quick enough for Yale with the help of screen.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the 1-3-1 before. Ingram's wingspan really has an impact on the top. The guy at the bottom of that zone has a ton of ground to cover. Reminds me of Justise in the Championship game.

Also nice to see one go through for Kennard.

Would be even better if those long arms could be more active.

Yep, I'm looking at this game as a tough one myself. They can really shoot 3's well and Sears is an awesome all-around forward. I expect to be losing at half, then the coaches can show them how to guard the 3 point stripe in the locker room. We come back out and whip their butts with defense. That's the script I'm writing.

Good call

I see there's a lot of talk about Duke's D not being up to snuff, but holding any D1 team to 39% from the floor, forcing 13 turnovers and 26% from three is pretty good. And Yale is always in contention in the Ivy.

It might not be the Duke defense we're accustomed to, that "Duhon-slap-the-floor man-to-man", but they are doing well creating turnovers and scoring off of those opportunities. I'm satisfied this early in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT