ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS YALE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

They're getting into the paint at will. D is going to have to improve or else.

OFC

Why do they continue to do 4 out, 1 in with Jefferson in the middle? Great defensive player but he's getting worked on the boards.

Watch that charge on Plumlee in slow mo, flop EFFIN city.

Relax gents, we'll get it together soon. Halftime adjustments will solve offense.

Also they've got fouls.

Chase Jeter finds ways to score in the post. He is the only option that can play with his back to the basket. Would love to see more of him

Reactions: JCColsCane
Great adjustment by K to go to the 1-3-1. I'd like to see more Jeter and less Plumlee in the second half. We woke up a little in those last few minutes.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Duke struggling bad with Yale at CIS.... Sheesh.

I really appreciate what Marshall has done, but he needs to come off of the bench. Let jeter play, please let him play!

They are taking an azzwhoopin in that locker room right now. Stay with the zone K.

Reactions: dbav
Once we thought this would be a great defensive team. I guess maybe I did get my hopes up to high, and I guess I should temper my expectations and let Coach K handle it. The seasons early and so is this team. Sometimes the roller coaster is the best ride at the park so enjoy the ups and downs it'll be over before we know it.

Tough game, Yale has that experience on their side. Much more cohesive than Duke at this point in time. I really don't think they will fold in this game, we will just have to pick up the defensive intensity in the 2nd half, and probably will have to wax hot to pull this one out.
I think that's exactly what we will do!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Once we thought this would be a great defensive team. I guess maybe I did get my hopes up to high, and I guess I should temper my expectations and let Coach K handle it. The seasons early and so is this team. Sometimes the roller coaster is the best ride at the park so enjoy the ups and downs it'll be over before we know it.
We thought Ingram would be good on defense. He simply isn't at this point. He's long but slow to react. Grayson and Derryck can't stay in front at all. Otherwise we're OK, but those three get us scrambling on D consistently.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Can't help but notice Thornton isn't out there to start the half.

Better energy to start the 2nd half. K must have really gotten into them at the half like Show said.

Smart decision by Grayson to spot Matt out on the three.

Allen has gotten a hand on at least 3 passes this half. Good stuff.

We still have no offensive flow, it's all rigid and mechanical. Gotta get going, Yale can easily steal this one.

Ingram doing well on the offensive glass this half.

Jones has that floater down to a science.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the 1-3-1 before. Ingram's wingspan really has an impact on the top. The guy at the bottom of that zone has a ton of ground to cover. Reminds me of Justise in the Championship game.

Also nice to see one go through for Kennard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT