ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS YALE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Hoping this one isn't a nail biter tonight. I don't believe it will be...

Game is slated for a 7pm est. tip and will air on ESPNU HD.

Duke - 94

Yale - 66

GO DUKE!

Here is hoping Brandon Ingram can get out of the funk tonight and show us all why he was one of the top recruits in the country.
LETS GO DUKE

^ That was my exact thought. I want nothing more than an Ingram "coming out party" that sets him on the right track.

Hoping this game is indeed a blowout and will give guys like Kennard , Jeter and Ingram a chance to break out and score some big points.

Duke 95
Yale 63
OFC

I'm expecting Duke to win, hopefully comfortably, but it wouldn't surprise me if the bulldogs played us pretty tough. Yale had a double digit lead against #25 SMU before losing by 2, 71-69. And that was at SMU's house. They've got 3 guys that can put up some points.

And yes this would be a perfect time for BI to have a coming out party. It would be nice to see Luke score a couple of 3 pointers also.

Duke 82
SMU 67

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Duke 81
Yale 70

Justin Sears of Yale is a genuinely outstanding player, and Yale is a favorite to win the Ivy League this year. So the Devils need to bring their "A" game tonight, though I like the odds of K finding a way to take advantage of a mismatch somewhere on the court.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Duke 81
Yale 70

Justin Sears of Yale is a genuinely outstanding player, and Yale is a favorite to win the Ivy League this year. So the Devils need to bring their "A" game tonight, though I like the odds of K finding a way to take advantage of a mismatch somewhere on the court.

Yep, I'm looking at this game as a tough one myself. They can really shoot 3's well and Sears is an awesome all-around forward. I expect to be losing at half, then the coaches can show them how to guard the 3 point stripe in the locker room. We come back out and whip their butts with defense. That's the script I'm writing.

I want to see Brandon step up on D and I want Luke to be Luke.

Duke - Big
Yale - Not so big

With a team this young and still trying to find their way, you never know what can happen. Especially when people are predicting a blowout!
Time to continue getting used to each other and becoming a team. Duke should win this one.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Duke wins because of the media, Coach K scares the refs, or because....

Duke is just better. (don't tell THR. They're mind will explode.)

Not as easy a win as some expect but a win none the less:

Duke 88
Yale 75

I'm all excited about this game. But now I'm a little concerned about seeing the start with the UNLV and IU game winding down. It's close with 2 1/2 minutes and those 2 1/2 minutes can stretch to 15 or 20. OFC

It's taken 12 minutes to play that / minutes and the game is still on. Now watch IU hit a and go into OT OFC

Horrible start, guarding the 3 like uncheat right now. Kennard hit a 3 though.

We were down 11-3, now it's 15-7. The good news is that Luke has made a 3, and BI also.

Good to see Ingram making some shots.

The anticipation for Luke to come into his game is literally killing me.

The new rules are just killing me. Even the announcers in some games have said enough is enough with the whistles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT