ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WINTHROP OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

That D2 transfer kid has had a good game, breaking us down off the dribble and dishing off....#52

That D2 transfer kid has had a good game, breaking us down off the dribble and dishing off....#52

Unfortunately too many names and numbers are interchangeable to that statement. We have a glaring issue on defense.

It's frustrating to see inferior teams play with more confidence than us...

Edit: Besides Joey Buckets

To emphasize is not the same as to teach.

it does make you wonder. Especially given k past teams has always been built on defense. Something has been wrong for sometime. Hard to say if it is strategy or teaching or players.

I thought last year and the beginning of this year that adjustments had been made

I hope I'm not the only one sitting trying to figure out wth is going on with this team since they arrived back from NY. Looks like a total different team. They just seem uninterested and sorta going through the motions.

Hurt is extremely weak with the slightest of any contact.

Unfortunately too many names and numbers are interchangeable to that statement. We have a glaring issue on defense.
Not sure what’s happened with our defense these past two games. Before SFA, Duke was absolutely making other teams miserable on defense

Big swing....they miss the front-end, and we get the 3-point-play going back the other way. Potentially a five-point swing.

I’m thankful for Winthrop being so lousy at the line.

Every time I hear that song “shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, EVERYBODY, shots, shots, shots, shots, shots” I thank god I’m no longer in my early 20s going to bars and clubs.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Not sure what’s happened with our defense these past two games. Before SFA, Duke was absolutely making other teams miserable on defense

Same defense. SFA found a weakness and Winthrop watched film. Spreading us out takes away the double. Duke is at its best when we can force side to side and trap the corners. We are lacking a lot of basic principles of man to man on ball defense. And I’ll say, Tre has been a part of that too. He’s still incredibly smart but some smaller guys are going past him too and creating easy opps for the other side.

Young players respond to this differently. A vet will take their lumps and get right back out there. A young player immediately starts doubting themselves and start thinking rather than playing. The more you think the slower you are and it quickly spirals. The more you spread us out the more we put individuals on islands where their speed and decisions are challenged. And it hasn’t been good.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT