ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WINTHROP OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I guess they weren’t embarrassed enough the other night to play with a sense of urgency tonight. They looked slow and sluggish in the first half. Maybe to much Turkey yesterday

I sure hope we come out the 2nd half with a good start. We sure don't need to let them hang around thinking they can win. We need to end that quickly!
OFC

I believe we'll win, and it probably won't be close int he end, but these slow starts are really starting to irk me. the longer you let a team you're supposed to beat, hang around, the the higher the chance they beat you.

Reactions: Showenuff
I'll take it. We knew it wouldn't be easy after the ego deflating upset.

OFC

Exactly. These guys are so young and probably lost a bit of confidence. Unfortunately they had to bare the burden of the streak. I think MSU will bring their best back. We always show up to the big games looking for blood.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Our boys have been knocked back, it looks like we've lost a lot of confidence. This second half is going to be huge mentally for this team.
We really need a strong half going into the Michigan St game.

Javin tested the NHL waters as a hockey enforcer, right? It couldn’t have possibly been as a basketball player!

Our shooting per cent is really good in all three categories in the 1st half. One would think we would be up by at least 16. But they are running up the numbers inside on us and I can't understand why. Winthrop seems to be getting the more loose balast or having the ball bounce their way. Maybe it swings our way the second half. Joey and Matthew were awesome. OFC

Javin has been out of sync all year. And when he’s bad, it’s not pretty. He has no control over his body when it comes to avoiding contact.

the trademark tenacious D that looked like it had returned early in the season has evaporated into a porous interior and on ball defending. Strange to see the reversal but they need to get back to that type of commitment on that end or there will be many more frustrating games to come against lesser talented teams

If we continue at with this play we’ll get absolutely run out of East Lansing. Jones has to step up and take control. This is his team, he needs to accept that and be the player we all know he’s capable of being.

I actually really liked the Jordan Tre combo late in the half. It was the first time in a couple games where the intensity was where it should be. There needs to be some pride on defense. You looking directly at your man and saying you aren’t getting by me. Push them side to side, not north to south.

Joey's offense has always been there. He wants the ball and is not afraid to shoot and I believe his defense is starting to improve. He sure puts up the effort and that means a lot. He can be real important for us going forward!!!!
OFC

The entire play was very awkward. From the jump to the transition from dunk into a weird layup, which created a weird landing. You can’t make these injuries up at Duke.

If Stanley is out for a long time our defensive philosophy will have to change. We won’t be able to play all this overplay and pressure so far out with Joey or Alex on the floor

I think he hurt it on the way up - unfortunately with the way he was specific in pointing to where it hurt, it may not be good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT