ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WINTHROP OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, let’s move on, but not forget. An incredibly young group of guys that hopefully learned a valuable lesson about never taking anyone for granted.

Facing Winthrop tonight, I’d love to see us take a step in the right direction and control the tempo and do the little things. Free throws, turnovers and get back to dominating on the offensive glass. That’ll be a recipe for a win.

So that’s all I’m going to say about tonight, battle for 40 minutes, and just win.

Duke is favored by -23 currently, and I think we’ll cover honestly.

Tonight's game is slated to top at 7pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 85

Winthrop 60

GO DUKE!!!!!!

Reactions: Showenuff
Won’t be able to watch this one either, being across the pond but hopefully i won’t have to wake up to 18 pages of game thread and a bunch of hostile board visitors.

Go Duke!

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Duke - 78
Winthrop - 60

hang onto the ball and for the love of god hit your free throws!!!

I think we get back on track tonight and make free throws!! Duke by double didgits!!!
OFC

If being the team to end an almost 20 year streak to a team that ended up being the biggest blown point spread in over 15 years isn't enough to get a team's attention, then that team has no hope...

I think we still will look ugly in this one. Friday after Thanksgiving with no students around. It won’t be pretty. MSU will be our get back game. We’ll struggle through this one.

Duke - 79
Winthrop - 55

I think we still will look ugly in this one. Friday after Thanksgiving with no students around. It won’t be pretty. MSU will be our get back game. We’ll struggle through this one.

Duke - 79
Winthrop - 55
Hokie,if the boys are not sharp/focused tonight,is that on the players or Coach K?After last game,i'd be very surprised if we don't see a very focused team tonight .

Hokie,if the boys are not sharp/focused tonight,is that on the players or Coach K?After last game,i'd be very surprised if we don't see a very focused team tonight .

I just think this a team that’s a little out of sync. They don’t know what they are yet. They could be an excellent team. All of the stuff is there. It’s like they have all of the pieces of an experienced, veteran team with none of the actual experience.

That means this season is going to be a roller coaster, which is fine. If by March, they are clicking, which I think they can be, everything will be ok. But 2019 for this particular team is going to be an adventure.

There’s going to be extreme highs. I’d be willing to bet we’re going to beat some really good teams by 15+. And there’s going to be some extreme lows (we already saw it), but at the end of the day, I do think these guys are talented, they care and they have pride in the program. Those 3 things will be enough to at least show they have some fight in them.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
I just want to see Tre avoid turnovers. Maybe that hard collision a few games back screwed up his focus.

Since he took the bump against Central Arkansas, he’s scored 17.25 pts, has a 2:1 asst/to ratio (32/16) while being credited with 11 steals of his own, not to mention the other turnovers he has caused, has shot 42% from three and 76% from the line. If anything, that bump made him better. Haha.

But seriously, Tre isn’t the problem. He had a bad game and his 8 turnovers were awful, but that was the first pressing/trapping team we’ve seen and they are really good at it. I wanted to see how we handled that, and we didn’t. Now it’s time to go to the drawing board and figure that part out. We won’t see many other teams that deploy that method, but the ones we do see will be better than SFA.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I just think this a team that’s a little out of sync. They don’t know what they are yet. They could be an excellent team. All of the stuff is there. It’s like they have all of the pieces of an experienced, veteran team with none of the actual experience.

That means this season is going to be a roller coaster, which is fine. If by March, they are clicking, which I think they can be, everything will be ok. But 2019 for this particular team is going to be an adventure.

There’s going to be extreme highs. I’d be willing to bet we’re going to beat some really good teams by 15+. And there’s going to be some extreme lows (we already saw it), but at the end of the day, I do think these guys are talented, they care and they have pride in the program. Those 3 things will be enough to at least show they have some fight in them.
All good points,thanks,it's one of the problems when your a one and done dominated school,you have a new starting 5 every season,and most are 18 year olds.This group looks like they will find their roles as the season goes on.

Reactions: dukehokie
I think we missed a lot of free throws because we were tired. That's the hardest, fast paced team we've played in a long time man. The tempo was absolutely insane the entire game.

Duke 84
Poor Bastards playing Duke after the SFA loss 56

Just win and get one more day removed from Tuesday. If they don't come out with the intensity at 100 I'll be surprised.

No prediction... just win and show everyone we are still for real!

Duke but I think it’s close.

The bench has to figure out if their gonna help or is Duke already set on a seven man rotation?

Please take the open shots tonight. A lot of ball hesitation going on with this team .

I think we missed a lot of free throws because we were tired. That's the hardest, fast paced team we've played in a long time man. The tempo was absolutely insane the entire game.
I think playing Tre 45 minutes was a bad call in the end. I know Goldwire is limited, but he could hold us in there along with Moore to let Tre get a blow.

This will be a "mental" challenge as well as a physical challenge for this young team. The kids looked tired the other night, especially Tre, and the Media is not helping by saying poor Winthrop, having to go to Cameron after a loss.
How the kids react tonight when Winthrop hits them in the mouth early will be fun to watch, because I think Duke will punch back with a flurry.

Go Duke!
OFC

I can’t see us dropping this game coming off a horrible loss. I think our guys got the message, and I think they come out with extreme intensity.

Duke: 82
Winthrop: 58

Let’s go Duke!!

PS.. please guys make your FT’s tonight!!!!

Reactions: skysdad
I can’t see us dropping this game coming off a horrible loss. I think our guys got the message, and I think they come out with extreme intensity.

Duke: 82
Winthrop: 58

Let’s go Duke!!

PS.. please guys make your FT’s tonight!!!!

The cheaters went 20-21 today from the free throw line and won by 4 points. Won the game for them.OFC

Has anyone heard if the game is blacked out in central North Carolina? OFC

Sky, it shouldn't be. It's on the regular ACCN and not on the ACCNX. but who knows!!! I've been lucky with youtube tv, they haven't blacked out anything yet!!!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I think we start a little slow and this board will be frustrated but after a timemail out or two with Coach K getting in their ear we will respond and win by 20. I don't think Coach K is gonna stick with guys who ate not ready to play tonight. I imagine we will see a lot of guys hustling and diving on the floor.OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT