ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Damn, we should have had at least a 15 point lead...but I'll take an 11 point one.

OFC

At least we only sucked for the last 2 min of the half rather than our usual 4 in a road game.

Wendell did a nice job off ball on the perimeter on that last possession. Unfortunately, that happened.

If we played like we din in the first half, this is a 20 point win. They are getting some lucky bounces. Very happy with the effort. I think Bagley cones out with some fire.

Not shooting the ball to bad, but getting out rebounded by a lot. We need to get control of the boards. I'll take an 11 point lead at the half though.

That dunk hurt. Hope it's its not a momentum builder. Who gets the ball to start the second half. Grayson looking get with his hustle and getting some shots to drop. Nice lead without our bigs having a strong 1st. half. Feeling good. Keep the pedal to the metal and no mercy in the second half. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Not to be too pessimistic, but this doesn't feel like a 12 point lead.

That’s fair. You knew Wake was going to bring their A Game. They’ve focused on minimizing Bagley and Carter... and have been successful in that. They’re basically saying, “Beat us with anyone else,” and so far? We have.

Adjustments will be made (on both sides, to be sure) but I’m betting Bagley explodes in the second half. Or, better still? Carter explodes. He’s due.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
There have been some really good plays in this game. I would prefer that Wake have fewer good plays. But credit where credit is due, they have made a lot of really good plays. Thankfully for us, they have made twice as many bad plays.

I love that Allen has some confidence and is making more than he's missing. That is huge for Duke's success this year.

That dunk hurt. Hope it's its not a momentum builder. Who gets the ball to start the second half. Grayson looking get with his hustle and getting some shots to drop. Nice lead without our bigs having a strong 1st. half. Feeling good. Keep the pedal to the metal and no mercy in the second half. OFC

Yeah, it did hurt, Sky.
We're getting killed on the boards, and that shouldn't happen to this team.

OFC

I was just curious if that place is South-good, or good-good, haha. The commercials seem odd.

Time. Give it time.

Yes. And no. Marvin and Wendell aren’t good free throw shooters. They’re not going to be this season, either. Same with Trevon. They’re all capable free throw shooters....meaning they can make them, but ultimately they’re still guys who shoot it in the low-to-mid 60s, on average.

Yes. And no. Marvin and Wendell aren’t good free throw shooters. They’re not going to be this season, either. Same with Trevon. They’re all capable free throw shooters....meaning they can make them, but ultimately they’re still guys who shoot it in the low-to-mid 60s, on average.

This. They’re not JJ. But then again, we really don’t want them to be. Right?

Free throw shooting is usually SO important in the tournament. I would always expect my point guard to hit his free throws.

Gotcha, thanks. I'll stop talking pizza now that the game is back on, haha.

Duval, no more crazy layup attempts, please.

We've been having some difficulties on the boards tonight. Weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT