ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
At Wake today and we're favored by -9.5. Looking forward to actually watching a game live. Giving how we've played on the road I expect another tight one.

Game is slated for a 9pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 87

Wake Forest 82

GO DUKE!

Reactions: Quavarius
Potential trap game, character revealing type game. Will learn a great deal about our squad and where we are tonight. The optimist in me says we make a statement tonight.

Duke 82
Wake 61

Reactions: skysdad
Road wins are to tough to win this year.

Duke 87
Wake 82

OFC

We need to dominate this game. It's time for this team to start using the tools it has and stop coming out slow.

I actually think we start out fine. We usually build a 7-10 point lead. It is right before half and right out of half where things start to go south. And that is very uncharacteristic of a Duke team.

We need to dominate this game. It's time for this team to start using the tools it has and stop coming out slow.

I was feeling a "Zoubek" monent during the Miami game. I am hoping that is the game we turned the corner and this team becomes what we all hoped it would be.

Heading to the game tonight and am excited and dread it at the same time. Wake is always tough at home for Duke, and it always seems to come down to the last minute. I'd really like to see a comfortable win tonight.

I"m not convinced we can beat a decent team playing man to man defense and the Coach keeps wanting to play MTM. I thought he almost stuck with it too long vs. Miami. Again, that's one of the keys to the game in my opinion, along with how careful we are with the ball on offense and whether at least one of Grayson and Trent are hitting their shots.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I am with Skerz. I made the same statement yesterday about turning the corner. I believe our outside shooting has improved and I believe we are focusing more on defense. I also believe wake is in big trouble tonight.

Duke 86
Wake 70

Reactions: HonkeyT
I am with Skerz. I made the same statement yesterday about turning the corner. I believe our outside shooting has improved and I believe we are focusing more on defense. I also believe wake is in big trouble tonight.

Duke 86
Wake 70

Our D is getting better as is the overall chemistry of the team. What I am waiting for is when Grayson and Gary are both hitting shots in the same game(s), then we will see the full offensive potential of this unit.

Reactions: DukefanKY

I agree but I think it will be close and we do win. We need to go in with the mindset that this is the biggest game of the year. Even if were are up by 30 with 10 minutes left to go don't let up. Send a message. Have people saying. "did you see what Duke did to W.F at W.F. last night. We need to hear that with everyone we play. Need to take the heart out of every team we play before we play them. No mercy. I'm sorry if I sound cold, arrogant or cocky. I just want to sit and watch all games without my heart up around my eyes. OFC

I agree but I think it will be close and we do win. We need to go in with the mindset that this is the biggest game of the year. Even if were are up by 30 with 10 minutes left to go don't let up. Send a message. Have people saying. "did you see what Duke did to W.F at W.F. last night. We need to hear that with everyone we play. Need to take the heart out of every team we play before we play them. No mercy. I'm sorry if I sound cold, arrogant or cocky. I just want to sit and watch all games without my heart up around my eyes. OFC
Well said sir.

Reactions: skysdad
It's time to show Wake and everybody else who we are. DUKE by double didgits!!!!!
OFC

I really don't see this as a "trap game". It will be a typical on the road ACC game with a team that usually plays very hard against the Devils.
Here's to hoping that the "D" will continue improving, Grayson will get his touch back, and we can stay out of foul trouble.
Duke will win a hard fought game.
Go Duke!
OFC

I could see them maybe struggling early but really taking over down the stretch. We should out-rebound Wake by a lot, which can really kill their momentum.

We’ve struggled against Wake teams in the past at Lawrence Joel, but I don’t see us dropping this one against a pretty bad Wake team.

Duke - 89
Wake - 68

Reactions: Showenuff
I think we see continued improvement on D. It will be tight in the first half, but we come out with a nice run to start the second half and maintain a double digit lead thru the end of the game. We see fewer turnovers. Carter and Bagley dominate inside with kick outs to open threes for AOC and Trent!

84 - 71 Duke!

My crystal ball prediction is Grayson blows up on Saturday as he feeds off the home crowd and puts up 30 points on UVA.

Playing at Wake Forest can be tough, but I think Duke pulls this one out in blowout fashion

Duke:87
WF: 64

Let’s go Duke!!

Thought about going tonight but decided to stay home and watch. It will be at least 30 percent pulling for Duke. A lot of Duke fans in this area. The night that Dunleavy couldn't miss everybody in the coliseum started cheering for him. Probably close game tonight.

Trap game. We going into a hornets nest tonight and better be ready.
I will be shocked if we win by more than 10. Happy but shocked.

Huge trap game, and Wake will be up more for us than UVA-even though Cavs lead conference. Its because we are Duke and no matter what carry the biggest bullseye.

Last year it took an awesome 3 by Kennard in final seconds, and i anticipate another tight one...

Duke-85
Wake-81

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT