ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Someday Tre will stop shooting threes. Someday, but not today.

Only down 3 so we have hung tough..but giving up 41 pts is really really bad.

So did we have any idea Stanley was going to be in uniform tonight, much less be in the starting lineup?

or did I miss that

This game could have easily gotten out of hand early. Nice fighting back .

Getting nothing out of Moore again tonight. He jogged back on defense and they got a layup out of it. He has got to get locked in!

So did we have any idea Stanley was going to be in uniform tonight, much less be in the starting lineup?

or did I miss that

I saw something a couple days ago where K said he could be ready tonight, but hadn’t heard that he was definitely playing

What are you talking about? He’s improved shooting 3’s a lot. I have no problem with him taking a widen open 3.
If it’s there, take it.

Showed good toughness getting back in the game. Hopefully VT cools down. Need to stop that penetration straight to the hoop. I think we leave with a win.

Ummm he’s shooting 35% this year, up from 26% last year. And that’s after a slow start. You can’t see that he’s actually shooting it well right now? Alex is the one right now who should be keeping it in the holster.

They are owned the paint inside during the 1st half for. Must have at least 16 points inside. Got to stop that while still keeping them from making threes. The Hokies are for sure fired up. Need to cool them down. OFC

We differently need a good start to the 2nd half. We need to let them know that WE are going to take over this game and not even let them think they can win. If we don't start strong that could mean trouble!!!!
OFC

I'm not able to watch the game live tonight but 17 threes in the first half seems a bit excessive for this team.

Ummm he’s shooting 35% this year, up from 26% last year. And that’s after a slow start. You can’t see that he’s actually shooting it well right now? Alex is the one right now who should be keeping it in the holster.
You were right with everything but the comment about Alex. He needs to keep shooting too. He must believe the next one will go in.

Reactions: df64
Tre no doubt can shoot the 3 better this year. But I have noticed that he tends to pull up for aunbalanced 3 on the fast break often this year and I dont think ive aeen him make one of those... When he has his feet set and is balanced he is a good 3 point shooter, he needs to remove that unbalanced leaner from 3 out of his game. He is good at it in his mid range game though.

Well that wasn’t the start to the half we needed

That lineup to start the half makes zero sense. We put no scoring on the floor..K went defensive and it didn’t work..

This is not the start we needed!! For coach to call that quick of a timeout, they did not listen at half time!!!!
OFC

So Va Tech is clearly going to say "go ahead and show us you can shoot it, we are doubling Carey."

Baker time?

They are getting everything they want and haven’t had one shot rim out. I’m shocked it’s only a 7 point game.

Crazy as it sounds, we may need to go zone pushing them way out, with two bigs in the paint.

Okay, Tre is up to 35% (so, average), I'd still rather him shoot a floater or cut.

Still hanging tough. We won’t win this game with Carey on the bench though.

I get it though he’s not defending those switches and picks...he needs to respond for us to win this game.

We just need to make a shot and get up in this game and go on a run. Let's do this!!!!
OFC

You were right with everything but the comment about Alex. He needs to keep shooting too. He must believe the next one will go in.

Don’t agree with that. He’s been given plenty of opps recently. At some point he needs to go back to the bench until he gets pissed off about sitting on the bench. Hasn’t happened yet tonight.

This is the game that it would be nice if Wendell found and got his tonight. Everyone else is struggling with 2 games on the road like this.

Still hanging tough. We won’t win this game with Carey on the bench though.

I get it though he’s not defending those switches and picks...he needs to respond for us to win this game.
We don’t need to switch it, just hard hedge it and get back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT