ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

That really sucks, team needs to bring their A game tonight to get this win without Bagley.

How long are players typically out for “precautionary minor injuries”?

In all honesty. It is not a bad matchup to be missing Bagley tonight. In no way are we better without Bagley, so don't twist it. We are going to need to go small to be effective on defense, maybe even use Jack White more than O'Connell unless he is contributing needed points. But White is a broader body and plays well near the basket on defense. Which is where we need the most help. He also rebounds out of the zone probably better than anyone on the team.

Carter doesn't have the same arsenal as Bagley offensively, but he can score with the best of them. Long term, we need Bagley, but if this is just a precautionary measure, then this is the matchup to sit him out.

In all honesty. It is not a bad matchup to be missing Bagley tonight. In no way are we better without Bagley, so don't twist it. We are going to need to go small to be effective on defense, maybe even use Jack White more than O'Connell unless he is contributing needed points. But White is a broader body and plays well near the basket on defense. Which is where we need the most help. He also rebounds out of the zone probably better than anyone on the team.

Carter doesn't have the same arsenal as Bagley offensively, but he can score with the best of them. Long term, we need Bagley, but if this is just a precautionary measure, then this is the matchup to sit him out.
This is correct. But considering Clemson plays the exact opposite of VT, we really need him that game. Clemson is big and physical.

I'm not worried tonight though.

This is correct. But considering Clemson plays the exact opposite of VT, we really need him that game. Clemson is big and physical.

I'm not worried tonight though.

And we'll be there!! lol I wanna see him live so bad

Ohh and I'll be out tonight so I'll have to watch it on DVR so no infighting with me tonight :D

Ohh and I'll be out tonight so I'll have to watch it on DVR so no infighting with me tonight :D
I told my wife I would not watch basketball on Valentine's day. But I am going to keep up with it on my phone. She might get annoyed enough by that to just say eff it and put it on the TV. Or I could take her out to a romantic sports bar and be like, "would ya look at that"

I told my wife I would not watch basketball on Valentine's day. But I am going to keep up with it on my phone. She might get annoyed enough by that to just say eff it and put it on the TV. Or I could take her out to a romantic sports bar and be like, "would ya look at that"

HAHA! I should just take her somewhere itsbin that's not bad

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
If you do you are a brave man

They will play four guards and spread us all over...interesting to see if we stay zone or not...

Not sure score with this team but I think we are going to be very very uncomfortable....

Buffalo Wild Wings sounds like a great option.

I think we play better and hopefully a full 40 minutes. Not really concerned about which lineup, who plays where - I just want to see us take care of the basketball and play better as a unit. Surprised to see the line has remained -10.5...that's a good sign IMO.

Duke 81
Hokies 70

Duval is starting....makes me think his benching was more do to his tweeting than his play....who knows....

Tough PG for Va Tech and some experience on the floor - probably a squeaker with Bagley out. Win and move on - fingers crossed

Duke basketball is my valentine. Don't tell my wife.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT