ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This game has me a little worried - even though we're finally back home. Va Tech is coming off of a HUGE win at UVA and Tech has always played us well - both home and away.

We enter this game as a 10.5 point favorite - which I think is heavy. I think we win this game, but I bet it's nip and tuck the entire way. No one seems to know yet whether or not Bagley will be back tomorrow night, which will have a huge impact on the game.

It will also be interesting to see what direction K goes with Duval. He's obviously been much maligned by several of our fans, but I'm still of the opinion if we're going to make a deep run into March - and maybe early April - Duval is going to have to be the PG that leads us. Was K just trying to get his attention or will this hold for a while? We will know in less than 24 hours.

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 85

Va Tech 79

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: pisgah101
VT can beat us for sure. Helps being at home and they are coming off a high of beating UVA.

Duke-90
VT-83

I look for a tough, and close game. This is certainly a game we can lose if our guys aren't ready.

Duke 80
VT 78

Go Blue Devils!

OFC

Totally agree. This game can give us huge momentum for the game at Clemson, which if we pull off along with tonight, gets going undefeated for the remainder before UNC comes to Cameron for Grayson’s final home game.

Duke -76
VT - 71

Go Duke and please come to play tonight MB3.

Reactions: skysdad
This board, this team and our fans need a big win tonight in front of our home crowd. I am hopeful that messages have been received, digested and understood on what is needed going forward for each guy.

Duke 80
VT- 71

We HAVE to win this game...living in VA I can't handle another loss to the chokies

We do have a good team though and it will be tough...control Robinson is the key...we should dominate down low with or without Bagley...they have no size at all and can't rebound a lick...but they will scrap like hell all game long

This is a nice test for our defense, VT loves to spread teams out and attack the rim/ kick out for threes. They run an offense very similar to what BC ran, except VT has much better players. I think were up for the task.

Duke 84
VT 71

It's been a long time since our last home game....January, in fact.

I think the game is tight and we sort of pull away late.

Duke 83, Virginia Tech 73

I like the line here. We finally have a plan B in terms of lineups. One of our two lineups will work. Duval can make a huge case for himself by going AT Justin Robinson. They can really bomb the three balls. You need to be closing out as the pass is being made, not as the shooter is catching! It drives me nuts when our bigs are not paying attention.

Obviously we want Bagley in every game. But given the style that VT plays (all shooters around the 3 pt line and 1 big), we will probably be able to defend VT better with Javin or Jack out there playing the 4.

Lets hope Bolden continues to shine, but this will be a tough defensive matchup for us with both Bolden and Carter out there.

Reactions: Quavarius
We have to close this game out early. Take the breath from them early and keep fighting until the end. We can’t afford to let them back in the fight.

Duke - 77
VT - 68

Reactions: Quavarius
At some point in time, a sense of urgency needs to set in with this team, and I think it needs to be tonight. With or without Bagley, we must have this game. I also think that it is time for Grayson to "take over" the rest of the way. He needs to do this, the team needs him to do it, and so do the fans!
What an amazing story this would be for College BB, and for a young man that deserves the laurels this would bring him and the school he loves. I think it starts tonight, and Duke protects the home court.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: dukesince91
If Tech hits their 3's it will be a close game. They had a lot of confidence on Sunday at UVA. Tech has already won AT UNC and AT UVA, that is impressive.

But I think we show a little bit of growth tonight. I think we guard the three ball a little better tonight and rebound well. AOC and Bolden continue to develop with good minutes. Grayson attacks the rim.

Duke 84
VT 71

Go Duke!

Alan

I see a trend of scores like 82-78 which sounds about right to me. I think Coach K rewards Bolden for good play with the start but goes to a one big lineup fairly quickly. I think we'll see Jack White at some point. It will be high scoring but with Trent and Grayson handling the ball and making free throws at the end, Duke keeps the lead.

If Tech hits their 3's it will be a close game. They had a lot of confidence on Sunday at UVA. Tech has already won AT UNC and AT UVA, that is impressive.

But I think we show a little bit of growth tonight. I think we guard the three ball a little better tonight and rebound well. AOC and Bolden continue to develop with good minutes. Grayson attacks the rim.

Duke 84
VT 71

Go Duke!

Alan

They beat unc at home

Crazies go crazie, and the team follows suit. I think we pick up an early lead and it fluctuates throughout, but ultimately we win by 10ish. Or that's what I hope.

Duke - 84
VT - 72

The line for the game went from 10.5 to 12. Don’t know if that means anything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT