ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

With Tre back, I think Duke wins! It will be close, but ultimately I think Duke comes out on top.

Duke: 71
UVA: 65

Let’s go Duke!!!

It's going to be tough to win this one, but we can. On the road, more negative stuff can happen...especially foul trouble. I'm sure Bennett is going to tweak that pack line defense to crowd the middle even more to stop Zion & RJ. I expect they'll be willing to 'give' the 3 to Duke, and hope to bait us into chucking up a bunch of them. And on offense they'll try to move the ball around a little quicker to set up their 3 point shots.

Duke needs to be patient on offense, and make sure Zion touches the ball...a lot. Can't just pass the ball around on the perimeter and take a 3 deep into the shot clock.

Duke 68
Virginia 64

OFC
Good thing is K knows that too! Hehehe GOAT

OMG, Greenberg picked Duke.

giphy.gif

I think Duke is ultimately the better team. But we've been consistently lackluster in the first half of too many games in a row, our shooting woes are real right now, it's at UVA, and they want revenge.. I feel like we lose this game and then win out the rest of the season.

Duke 68
UVA 72

Give me a healthy Duke all day against Va no matter the venue. I'll eat crow afterwards, but I just don't see them losing today. Tre is that big of a difference. I think a lot of people are thinking Va can't shoot as bad as the last time, but dukes defense ain't going anywhere either. It's only going to be worse with Tre on attack.

I just re-watched the second half of the first game during my workout. Please, oh please can we have that Jack White back for today's game? He was great doing all the things that Jack does. Yeah, I know his shot wasn't falling, but nobody's was. He chipped in a handful of points anyway. He was rebounding, defending like a mad wallaby and most of all communicating. Watch those last five minutes. At every break he was the guy pulling the team together for a reset. Having Jones back is huge, but I would love to see Jack back!

We are bigger, stronger and exceptionally talented!

Duke 72
UVA 63

Jay did call himself The Drake of college basketball so he said I guess my pick I’m really picking the other team and when the UVA fans were cheering Jay said they are cheering I’m not sure why they are cheering.... kinda setting himself up to say he is going to be right either way.

Reactions: Hurley22
Jay did call himself The Drake of college basketball so he said I guess my pick I’m really picking the other team and when the UVA fans were cheering Jay said they are cheering I’m not sure why they are cheering.... kinda setting himself up to say he is going to be right either way.

Ahhhh....didn't catch that

I might be in the minority here, but I'm watching the MSU game and would much rather listen to Dickie V than Dan Dakich. He is just terrible.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I might be in the minority here, but I'm watching the MSU game and would much rather listen to Dickie V than Dan Dakich. He is just terrible.
I totally agree with you. Could you imagine him and Walton together lol.

I actually love listening to Walton trip in shrooms for two hours... Just never during our actual game lol.

I like him . He adds a lot of color to games. Reminds me a little of Phil Rizzuto the late Yankee color man. He and Bill White did a great job and White was truly entertained. OFC

Duke 72, Virginia 69. Bill White and Rizzuto were a great broadcast team. I miss Keith Jackson on Saturdays.

Grew up watching Rizzuto and White. Keith Jackson may have had the best broadcast voice of all time. Certainly iconic.

As for the game, of course they are very good, and it is on the road, but we are better. Why the hell shouldn't we win? I say Jack, Tre, Zion, and RJ show UVA, the ACC, and the rest of college basketball who the boss is this year.

Reactions: skysdad
Duke - 77
UVA - 71

Big time game from Cam after we go down early.

This and the VT games are personal for me...Bennett seems like a good dude but he deserves an ass kicking tonight....let's deliver that to Mr Bennett please

Getting close to game time and it looks like it should start on time since UT is about to beat Fla. Get off to a great start guys and don't let up . OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT