ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VA TECH ACC FINALS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Yet another awful defensive effort and get ready for an early out. Just pathetic.

Just tell me an adjustment he made…that’s all…

Adjustments and putting players in positions to be successful is coaching….This plan isn’t successful….What has been the adjustment?
Dudes on fire and has hit several unreal shots. Can’t stop him going off. What adjustment do you want? We have two guards and one has 4 fouls. How many times have we missed a board or easy shot? We were within 3-4 twice and banch and keels went here ball. We’ve got to score every possession to come back and our guys are playing stupid

Well we should get 2-3 more games until their season ends and 5-6 guys chase the NBA dream. Rinse and repeat next year....
And we say that every year.
I for one am looking to hopefully something refreshing with Scheyer. K is the goat but I won’t miss the lack of adjustments…he just doesn’t have a fastball anymore….that’s ok….but it still sucks.

Reactions: wcu1113
Keels is the type of player whose game is entirely dependent on his shot. If he’s not making shots, he’s really a net negative on the floor.

Well we should get 2-3 more games until their season ends and 5-6 guys chase the NBA dream. Rinse and repeat next year....
Eligibility rules are a joke. I never feel bad for a player that inexplicably leaves early and doesn’t pan out in the NBA.

Virginia tech wanted this game. Our guys decided to coast. 3/4 missed free throws wow

Should’ve not expected better. These guys couldn’t win coach k his last game in Cameron and now can’t give enough effort to win him a tourney championship.

Dudes on fire and has hit several unreal shots. Can’t stop him going off. What adjustment do you want? We have two guards and one has 4 fouls. How many times have we missed a board or easy shot? We were within 3-4 twice and banch and keels went here ball. We’ve got to score every possession to come back and our guys are playing stupid
A press, A 2/3 zone, A 1-3-1 Zone, Trapping, Any alternating of a bunch of them to throw them off…you could literally do a thousand things.

They are getting switches they want….make it so they can’t get the switches…

Maybe it doesn’t work….you don’t know if you don’t try. What did K try differently.

Having to score every possession should be your first clue.

Everything they throw up goes in.... they will get clobbered first NCAA tournament game and won't be able to throw it in the ocean.

If Duke couldn’t at least win one of these two Saturday games they’re just not a great team, never became one. Hate it for K. Winning the regular season, beating Zags, KY and winning by 20 at unccheat will be the highlights. (This team can’t make a Final Four)

If I was Keels I’d cover my head to . Garbage pure Garbage

Reactions: ioliva
A press, A 2/3 zone, A 1-3-1 Zone, Trapping, Any alternating of a bunch of them to throw them off…you could literally do a thousand things.

They are getting switches they want….make it so they can’t get the switches…

Maybe it doesn’t work….you don’t know if you don’t try. What did K try differently.

Having to score every possession should be your first clue.
We were in their face a lot of those 3s. He just made them. Virginia tech came out on a mission. We didn’t. I’ve been a huge critic of Coach k everyone knows it but these guys don’t understand you have to go hard to play in March not coast

Thing is we where better in November which is normal unfortunately. We don’t improve at anything….again that’s coaching.

Reactions: wcu1113
I agree. This team stinks, but not because of lack of talent.
This ain’t talent it’s potential. Duke plays five people.
tell me when is the last time ANY POSTER has seen Duke down , K call a time out see a player laughing and that player stay in the game .
This ain’t Duke it’s an NBA g league team!

Reactions: pisgah101
They were a matchup nightmare and we couldn't adapt. Their guys played well all game and we couldn't hit any 3's. Give it to VT... There's a reason they finished the regular season 12-2 and their coach hasn't lost in any conference championship games he's been in.

A lot of posters left here because they don’t like K getting ripped…but well…he should get ripped.

He had the best and most talent in the entire country and continually underachieves with it and loses to teams that have a lot less.

There is something to be said for getting players that are hungry…usually less talented players are more hungry….they just have it tougher and know how to fight.

This ain’t talent it’s potential. Duke plays five people.
tell me when is the last time ANY POSTER has seen Duke down , K call a time out see a player laughing and that player stay in the game .
This ain’t Duke it’s an NBA g league team!

This team has talent, this team isn't coached. K is the GOAT, but he hasn't been a very good coach for awhile now. I know that pisses some off here, but its the truth.

We just lost by 15. We drop to a 3 seed, and get a tough team in the sweet 16. We don't defend. How are we going to make a run like that? The ACC sucks this year. Still time to turn it around. But we are just not a smart team. And that is why I started to cheer for Duke in the 80's. It's getting hard to watch this product. We can turn it around; but I am not confident.

Reactions: KDSTONE
They were a matchup nightmare and we couldn't adapt. Their guys played well all game and we couldn't hit any 3's. Give it to VT... There's a reason they finished the regular season 12-2 and their coach hasn't lost in any conference championship games he's been in.

As far as matchups, would have been better playing against UNC. Traditional big and Mark would have been more in his comfort zone
Imagine simping to vtech lol. That’s how pathetic this loss is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT