ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VA TECH ACC FINALS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Get it to 2 or 3 at the half. They may cool down from 3.
we can't stop them. That's a problem.

The defensive effort and execution is embarrassing. This team could easily be bounced in the first weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Instead of attacking the basket they took a contested three to close the half. Wow.

We're not playing great but VT is shooting as well as they could. Wished we could have gotten a score at the end similar to yesterday and carry some momentum into the break

Reactions: christophero
No way I would have benched Catoor for the final 5 minutes. Two fouls from the shooting guard? He won't foul out. 6of 7FG with 4 threes. I would get him the ball every possession. It's such an easy game, and college coaches really are not smart

We're not playing great but VT is shooting as well as they could. Wished we could have gotten a score at the end similar to yesterday and carry some momentum into the break
IMO. VT stuck to their game plan . Left Duke chasing the perimeter and it abled their bigs to get going. Paolo has five fouls play defense in the second half. VT isn’t slowing down .

This is a tough game because VT wants Mark on the floor. They run a switch and Duke plays drop coverage which plays right into what VT wants.
We either have to stop playing drop coverage or we will have to play very small and switch everything….we can do it but we got handcuffed with Roaches third foul. His foul trouble could be our undoing because Baker can’t guard a trash can.

It's bad enough to be losing, but it's worse to hear Seth Davis whine about us losing. Insufferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
Roach is a victim of VT ability to pull the bigs out . Their game plan was effective but I think Duke locks down in the second.

Reactions: christophero
Not a good start . I’ll eat crow but VT has this .
Keels was smiling when K called time out . That’s all I needed to see .

We are going to have to play small without Mark if we want to win I believe. And it needs to happen soon or we will be to far behind.

4 point game. Let's Go Duke!!!
(we really need to get stops) 9 point lead. ugh

I don’t believe anything except this team is going home in the round of 32 !

Reactions: wcu1113
The defensive effort and execution is embarrassing. This team could easily be bounced in the first weekend.
@Fourteen44 - do you disagree? Surely you can’t be thrilled with the defense. It’s abysmal.

If Duke runs into a hot shooting team in the first weekend, it’ll be an early start for K’s retirement.

I laughed like Keels did at K on the bench .

Yeah couldn’t go down ten…it’s easy to see they just run screens at Mark and shoot threes over him. He’s late on some…we had to go small and quick and switch…

Probably to late now…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT