ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC- COACH K FINAL GAME IN CAMERON - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS

I've decided I'm not going to be overly winded with this pregame. Anybody that has followed Duke, with the level of love, passion and commitment that my friends at DBB all do, young and old, has enjoyed this incredible ride.

We've seen, heard, read and said literally everything that there is to be said about Coach K. He's truly, in every sense of the moniker, a living legend; the GOAT. There will never be another Coach K. EVER.

When I reflect on his accomplishments and ALL the stats behind it, I'm in awe. To date: 12 Final Fours, five National Championships, three Olympic gold medals, 97 NCAA tourney wins and 1,196 wins.

Living in the midwest, I'm very isolated in my Duke fandom as you would imagine. So I consider myself so lucky to have worked four Duke men's games in Cameron, seen countless others in person - and most importantly, was in the stands for the 2015 National Championship.

Since joining DI in 2001 and now being a member of DBB, I've been allowed the privilege of sharing my love for Duke, and a whole bunch of people that do too, with all of you. Friends that I've never met in person, but great friends none the less. What a ride.

All that said, we've got a game to play - a very important one. We've already wrapped up the regular season crown (our first since 2006) so this game won't affect conference standings. That said, the rivalry stands on its own. Add Coach K's final game in Cameron, this team wants to send him out with a win, no doubt.

Keys to the game are pretty simple against UNC. Run them off the line, control the transition game and keep Armando Douche Canoe off the offensive glass. He's going to get his, but don't give him second chance points.

At the time of posting, the spread is -11.5. That seems like a lot for the emotion that will come with this game. Can they harness it or will they get a little too amped up? We'll see - we're playing our best basketball at the right time.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 6pm est and will air on ESPN and on Directv 4k (beautiful picture) channel 106. I think we get this one, and I think we get it soundly - covering the spread.

Thank you Coach K. Duke had basketball before you, and it'll have it after you but it'll never again be what it was like with you.

Duke 87

UNC 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided I'm not going to be overly winded with this pregame. Anybody that has followed Duke, with the level of love, passion and commitment that my friends at DBB all do, young and old, has enjoyed this incredible ride.

We've seen, heard, read and said literally everything that there is to be said about Coach K. He's truly, in every sense of the moniker, a living legend; the GOAT. There will never be another Coach K. EVER.

When I reflect on his accomplishments and ALL the stats behind it, I'm in awe. To date: 12 Final Fours, five National Championships, three Olympic gold medals, 97 NCAA tourney wins and 1,196 wins.

Living in the midwest, I'm very isolated in my Duke fandom as you would imagine. So I consider myself so lucky to have worked four Duke men's games in Cameron, seen countless others in person - and most importantly, was in the stands for the 2015 National Championship.

Since joining DI in 2001 and now being a member of DBB, I've been allowed the privilege of sharing my love for Duke, and a whole bunch of people that do too, with all of you. Friends that I've never met in person, but great friends none the less. What a ride.

All that said, we've got a game to play - a very important one. We've already wrapped up the regular season crown (our first since 2006) so this game won't affect conference standings. That said, the rivalry stands on its own. Add Coach K's final game in Cameron, this team wants to send him out with a win, no doubt.

Keys to the game are pretty simple against UNC. Run them off the line, control the transition game and keep Armando Douche Canoe off the offensive glass. He's going to get his, but don't give him second chance points.

At the time of posting, the spread is -11.5. That seems like a lot for the emotion that will come with this game. Can they harness it or will they get a little too amped up? We'll see - we're playing our best basketball at the right time.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 6pm est and will air on ESPN and on Directv 4k (beautiful picture) channel 106. I think we get this one, and I think we get it soundly - covering the spread.

Thank you Coach K. Duke had basketball before you, and it'll have it after you but it'll never again be what it was like with you.

Duke 87

UNC 71

Thank you k vile. For all you do. Yes I’m getting sentimental already. I’m gonna be a wreck tomorrow. Especially if Laettner Hurley hill battier all show up. I’ll be in puddles not gonna lie

Reactions: sheyduke
Not much to say but win win win. There is an argument for unc wanting this game more. They would love nothing more than to send K off with a loss in his final home game. And it would be a signature victory for a rookie coach at a prestigious program. But there's a bigger argument for Duke wanting it more to send K off as a victor over his biggest rival. And I think that happens easily. Duke is playing much better basketball than they were heading into the first match-up. And we saw how that game went. unc is also playing better basketball, but their best is far inferior to Duke's best.

Should be an electric crowd, hopefully the players respond. Don't hold anything back. Let's go Duke!!!

Work from the inside out. Get the ball to Williams or Paolo and get Bacon or Manek in foul trouble like the first game. Hopefully Paolo doesn't settle for outside shots early.

Duke 83
Cheats 67

Duke 87

UNC 71

Very well said K-ville. It's gonna be an emotional day. OFC

Duke 87

UNC 71

We should probably take some time to reflect on Johnny Dawkins. Bilas. Alarie. Henderson Those were the dudes that laid the way

I can't see us losing this game. It will be a Super Bowl type atmosphere, but hey; that's why you come to Duke.
Duke 90
Carolina 76

It doesnt get easier to get up for a game than this...the players should be ready to give Coach K a victory lap...if this is close then they have failed....lets give him the 82-50 send off he deserves

Just read that there is 96 past players that will be in attendance tonight .
How spoiled have we as fans been.

Reactions: christophero
Just read that there is 96 past players that will be in attendance tonight .
How spoiled have we as fans been.
Media reports 206 of K’s playres were invited. Looks like Randy Denton , Jack Marin and others pre K got on the list. Glad Shav will be there.

Banchero sucks so bad at dribbling at behind the 3 point line

Roach is gonna be a guy that has a Quinn cook development curve. Getting better and better

Settling in. Right first half. Let’s go in with a lead at half. Let K settle them down at half time and come out and roll in the second. Duke by 20.

would be nice to stop them driving through the paint for layups. Manek loves a 3 so we should be aware and be closer to him on those top of key shots.

missing the front end of 1 and 1's...a 4 point swing and now the lead is just 4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT