ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC- COACH K FINAL GAME IN CAMERON - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Well that happened. Go to the final four is the only way to make up for this, but I am not sure we are consistent enough.

K go get a game plan lol . Who protects Duke UNC LOL

This loss is on poor coaching. Why play a dumb ass pressure defense letting UNC set screens to get open looks and drive to basket. Just lay back, guard the 3 but don’t extend the defense. He thinks he has 5 Wojos on D but he doesn’t. A team with no player ranked in top 60 just beat a team with 4 ranked in top 25. Go figure.

This loss is on poor coaching. Why play a dumb ass pressure defense letting UNC set screens to get open looks and drive to basket. Just lay back, guard the 3 but don’t extend the defense. He thinks he has 5 Wojos on D but he doesn’t. A team with no player ranked in top 60 just beat a team with 4 ranked in top 25. Go figure.
Give it up teams have caught on to AJ and the rest of the starting seven lol. Duke is going home in the top 64.lol at this game Duke isn’t Duke it’s a pit stop for top draft pics . Lol

W the natty next month.
That is much more important.
After K wins the natty in his LAST game as your coach, that will be much more fitting than tonight (would have been).
That will help you forget all about tonight.

Reactions: Blueheart32
The best thing that can happen is for K to move on. He’s great but the game has passed him by. Let’s go Coach Jon!

ps this post is based on far more than tonight!

The pundits were right in saying we didnt deserve a one seed. The ACC sucks, and we still can't dominate. We will be a 3, but we're too young to handle the big moment yet again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ioliva and sheyduke
W the natty next month.
That is much more important.
After K wins the natty in his LAST game as your coach, that will be much more fitting than tonight (would have been).
That will help you forget all about tonight.
Lol Duke ain’t winning anything

This team will always be remembered for this lose. They couldn’t handle the moment. But to lose to this UNC team is a joke. We won’t win ACC or NCAA this year. They are done
3 home loses this year. The Cameron mystic is gone

Reactions: notashelbyfan
I’m so depressed they lost this one on Coach K night….I’m really not sure if I care if they win another game now….it’s depressing really and truly sad.

Cant lose this one no matter what…and we did.

Offensively they played good enough to win, hero ball or not. The defense was straight up garbage. They didn’t adjust to the switch offs on the guards once. Did AJ Griffin play?
Hero ball not only kills your offense but it destroys your defense. It wasn’t good enough to win. That offense is what lost the 11 point lead. I know the defense sucked, but what adjustments do you make when the effort wasn’t even there?

Not sure how you didn’t miss griffin jacking up a 3 4 seconds into the shot clock and sagging off manek for no reason on that late 3. He definitely played. They all played terrible . Unc wanted this game more and played smarter and harder. They were hungry and on a mission. Hopefully it makes them hungry during tournament time or there will be more blemishes to come

Reactions: sheyduke
There is no fricking reason to play pressure D beyond the 3 pt line. I only coached at YMCA but I know that much. I still think that bad no call on Bacot for 3rd foul was crucial. Love Duke but it is not much of a offense when you give ball to PB and let him go 1 on 1. Nonetheless Moore should have had 17 pts, 7 bds and 5 assists in this game. He is not ready for NBA if he cannot handle UNC guards.

What a night, class all the way. Didn't turn out the way a Duke fan wanted it to, but I am proud to have been a fan for all of the K years!
That said, the comments about a loss in the greatest rivalry in all of sports from so called "Duke fans!", is embarrassing. Those who choose to put down this program, players and coaches should be ashamed.

This is why this game is above coach, players and us! It's sports! What K has accomplished and what this team could still accomplish, has very little to do with this game and if you don't understand that you don't understand competition and honor!
Duke isn't in danger of changing cause of a new coach, we are in danger of changing because of the entitled and self righteous fan base that Coach K's success and life's work has breed. Embarrassed to be a fan on this site but proud to be a true Blue Devil fan tonight!
You're no better than those you constantly put down from other programs! Clean it the FU.K up!

The most disappointed I have ever been after a loss. I feel for K. His comments before the ceremony summed it up perfectly.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Not the night we all wanted. We just couldn’t keep any momentum going any time we got a lead. They had 5 turnovers, we had 9, but it seemed like we had a lot more. Banchero was very shaky in the 2nd half, and Griffin only took 5 shots.

We pick on Hubert, but tonight his plan worked. We got abused by their guards and the screens out top. We never adjusted. Tough, tough loss.

Last edited:
I agree, this was the most important game and they lost it. This was maybe more important than another championship but I don’t think that’s possible. UNC will always have that they beat Coach K on his last home game and that truly sucks. Worst thing possible

This team will always be remembered for this lose. They couldn’t handle the moment. But to lose to this UNC team is a joke. We won’t win ACC or NCAA this year. They are done
I’m quite certain nobody will give a damn in this rivalry that UNC beat Duke in Ks final game at home in a month …It’s a short term victory for them clowns.. They won their Super Bowl of the year 👍 We just got motivated to make up for it.

I’d be hard pressed if the tables were turned and we beat boytoy fho Roy Williams inhis final home game. I cloudnt care less about that trophy i just be glad we won. I’d be embarrassed bragging about it 5 years down the road 😂” That’ll be in them clowns trophy case though BET.

We lost by double digits to UNC on our home court while 11 point favorites. Its embarrassing. I don't see any silver.lining here. We will always have 2015. This team cannot stop quick guards.

Reactions: sheyduke
Let me rephrase. Out of all the moments in this rivalry . This W and our L won’t be in the highlight real .

I know it's a ways away but if we get the Cheats again in the ACC tourney, what would we do to defend that high ball screen that tore us up?

Garbage, anybody who thought K would win six lol. Garbage
Just think that the pressure of being on his last team and all that went with it has gotten to this team and it’s been really obvious at home games. I’m hoping that getting away from home and playing on neutral courts will bring this team back together and shut out the noise outside of this team.

We’ve been average at home a lot of this season and played our best ball on neutral courts. Hopefully, we can return to that team.

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT