ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - ACC TOURNEY SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I actually think we're going to need production tonight from outside the four freshmen. That means Jack or AOC are going to need to provide us with some scoring. Last week they combined to go 1-of-10. Need better than that.
Agreed. AOC and Jack need to combine for 15+ points and Javin needs to not average a foul every 1.5 mins.

The only one that was specific to UNC was when “everyone has a bad game” bc that’s the only game I can think of when everyone was bad. The rest are just averages for the rest of the games.

Tre and Can have to score some or we won't beat unc this time either....unless Zion and RJ combine for 65+ points between them

Cam is a top 5 pick in the draft the experts say...well time to step up I say

It really seems as though this board has lots its swagger, by many of the replies in this thread.

The boys have always stepped up against the best competition and I don't see any reason why it will be any different tonight.

UNC will try to get Zion in early foul trouble. If they do they will win. Also they shoot 3 really well and we don’t. I don’t feel good about it but I’m picking Duke 83-81 simply because of desire from our boys to win.

Reactions: skysdad
It really seems as though this board has lots its swagger,.
You must have missed Sky and ODD walking into the ACCT yesterday.

TIyBF7f.gif

It really seems as though this board has lots its swagger, by many of the replies in this thread.

The boys have always stepped up against the best competition and I don't see any reason why it will be any different tonight.

I think losing twice in the past 23 days will do that to some. But I agree with you....this team, with exception of the Gonzaga game, hasn't been fazed in big games. They've thrived on it.

Reactions: skysdad
I think Syracuse's defense caused us to force some things last night. We will be focused and I don't think they're m2m defense will slow us down. We play smart and get a big W.
Duke 91
UNX 80

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Expect monumental flopping by anybody that comes within 2 feet of Zion and RJ. Coach K better nip that in the bud from the start with the officials.

Reactions: tripleb71
Expect monumental flopping by anybody that comes within 2 feet of Zion and RJ. Coach K better nip that in the bud from the start with the officials.
I have a feeling the flop is going to be out in full force as soon as this one tips.

You pretty much know that NC will pack their man in or maybe even play a little zone to try and deny Zion the ball, and they will double him when he gets the ball. If they front him to deny, RJ must go to work, and Cam must have a great game. You cannot stop Zion the entire game (unless he is in foul trouble), so RJ, Tre, and Cam must be prepared to open things up for Zion.
These kids are way over due for a big game, and what better time than tonight to do it.
Tre will have his hands full with Coby and must limit his influence on the game, and still find a way to score himself.
It's time, and I think we will see a very determined group of kids tonight, so my take is Duke will find a way to pull this one out, and lock up a #1 seed in the process!
Go Duke!
OFC

These girls are on the unc field hockey team. Or so they say. I walked up with my Zion jersey on and heard one of them say "omg, a Duke fan". After I told her she's not the first one I made say oh my god. The banter started. I asked if she was gonna be ok after Zion put Luke in the fetal position, and she grabbed her Phone and said I'm gonna google that. I'm not sure if she was googling fetal, Zion, or Luke?

These girls are on the unc field hockey team. Or so they say. I walked up with my Zion jersey on and heard one of them say "omg, a Duke fan". After I told her she's not the first one I made say oh my god. The banter started. I asked if she was gonna be ok after Zion put Luke in the fetal position, and she grabbed her Phone and said I'm gonna google that. I'm not sure if she was googling fetal, Zion, or Luke?

Well played, sir. Well played.

Why are you not in front facing them lol? While you're down in Florida, I need a loud "He** Yeah" coming from you. Let them know, Vernon Carey was named Florida Gatorade player of the Year. I'm going to take care of NC, since Wendell Moore was North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year.

Why are you not in front facing them lol? While you're down in Florida, I need a loud "He** Yeah" coming from you. Let them know, Vernon Carey was named Gatorade Florida player of the Year. I'm going to take care of NC, since Wendell Moore was North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year.

I had to stay upwind of the unc stinch!!

Time to show that we are better. I can’t take losing to these yahoos with what we have on our roster.

I’ve had to disenfect my shop so much for the last two weeks due to their stench, that I’m out of Lysol.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Alright boys, gonna eat a bushel of oysters tonight and be ready for this thing ! LET'S DO THIS !!!!!!!

Ya got that sitting in front of you and you talked about basketball?!

Tre and Can have to score some or we won't beat unc this time either....unless Zion and RJ combine for 65+ points between them

Cam is a top 5 pick in the draft the experts say...well time to step up I say
If Zion and RJ score their usual average of around 45-50 points tonight then we’re probably going to need at least 30-35 points from the rest of the team.

If Zion and RJ score their usual average of around 45-50 points tonight then we’re probably going to need at least 30-35 points from the rest of the team.

Yeah but can we get it?

Tre can't hit the broad side of a barn...maybe he hits a bunch of FTs like last night

Cam can't seem to make anything either

AOC is lost

Jack Who knows

Jav can't score because his hands are like bricks

So IMO we need at least 60-65 between big 2 to have a chance

This board cracks me up sometimes with the evaluation of the players. If they play good, the best thing since sliced bread. If they have bad games, they overrated, can't shoot, selfish, can't play defense, the Goat can't coach, I'm sure I'm missing some things. We should get as many fans on this board down to CTC next year, find a gym, and let's see who can play on the court instead of the couch? I'm down for it. Good old duke fan pickup game.

I'm just glad we don't have TV Teddy tonight. Looks like it's Ayers, Lucky, and Armstrong. Need to keep a eye on Ayers.

i think Tre is beginning to find his stroke again. i am wondering whether his shoulder injury has bothered his offensive production. i have no stats to back this up - it just seems like he was shooting better prior to his injury. it would be an interesting comparison.

no doubt Roy and the heels will be trying to get our boys in foul trouble. i wonder a bit what K's strategy will be on this.

Yeah but can we get it?

Tre can't hit the broad side of a barn...maybe he hits a bunch of FTs like last night

Cam can't seem to make anything either

AOC is lost

Jack Who knows

Jav can't score because his hands are like bricks

So IMO we need at least 60-65 between big 2 to have a chance

I bet you’re the life of every party you attend.

i think Tre is beginning to find his stroke again. i am wondering whether his shoulder injury has bothered his offensive production. i have no stats to back this up - it just seems like he was shooting better prior to his injury. it would be an interesting comparison.

no doubt Roy and the heels will be trying to get our boys in foul trouble. i wonder a bit what K's strategy will be on this.
I won't believe it without an MRI. ;)

Tre shot 28% from 3 before the injury - he's 24% for the year, but that number isn't being boosted by his most recent games. Tre shot 48% from 2 before the injury - he's 40% for the year, and again, recent games aren't pumping that number up. His numbers are worse since the injury, but there isn't any (statistical) evidence that he has turned the corner shooting recently. So your first sentence may be incorrect, but your second appears like it could be true.

Reactions: madrussian
I want to see us angry af tonight. They've lost TWICE to unc. Zion hasn't had a chance to play them. Everyone on this team better be hungry af tonight and I think they will be.

Always hard to beat a great team three times in one season. Now that we have our main gun back, Duke plays with fire and intensity and gets the job done.

Duke: 82
UNC: 76

Let’s go Duke!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT