ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - ACC TOURNEY SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Wow. Wow. WOW - what else can you say? If ANYONE outside of Dukedom questioned how important this guy is to our team, he answered the question tonight. The worst thing about tonight? We only get to watch Zion for eight more games...but what a fun eight it WILL be! :D Zion has a chance to go down as one of the greatest Duke players of all time - and he's going to be in a Blue Devil uniform for a year!

There isn't much to say about tonight's game that hasn't been said ad nauseam. We've lost twice to NC, and both of them weren't at full strength - UNC can have it. We can't go back. What we can do, is prove to the college basketball world that we're the best team in the country at (almost) full strength, and we can do that by beating UNC tonight. It's going to be a battle, and I think the real key is going to be Reddish, but I like our chances to advance and grab a #1 seed.

Tonight's game is slated for an estimated tip of 9:30pm est tip but will tip 30 minutes following the first semi-final game between UVA and FSU. The game will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 88

UNC 83

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a feeling everyone comes out like a pack of rabid wolves tonight. With how much better our defense is with Zion I think it's a lower scoring game than the first two. Gonna say 77-63 Duke.

One of the biggest keys to beating UNC tonight will be not letting them shoot really good from 3. In the first game we held them to 2-20 from 3 even after the shell shock of losing Zion 33 seconds into the game. In the second game they shot 12-31 from 3. As long as we don’t let them shoot lights out from 3 then I believe we’ll win tonight. Having Zion tonight will be HUGE.

Duke 80
UNC 72

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
I want this one badly. Have I ever mentioned how much I despise the North Carolina Tar Heels (actually their fans)?
Our guys are battle tested, and they'll be ready for UNC tonight.

Duke 82
UNC 79

OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
If the officials are loosely calling offensive charges again, it will be an uphill battle for our explosive weapons. We want a physical game. Not to mention our bench is shorter so we need to avoid foul trouble.
We just need Cam and RJ to reel it in when driving, both have a tendency to fly in there with reckless abandon. But yeah, I agree that they can't give KW the call each time he flips on the floor like a fish out of water. My bad.

Reactions: DoUKnwEny1
TIME
TO
ROLL
!!!!!!

What a monster game- I think this tells us almost everything moving ahead. We need this win for many reasons. But I think most importantly for confidence. Ya cant lose 3 games to UNC and sugar coat it- weve gotta win tonight!

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
Watching the UNC/Louisville game last night I told my wife "I'd love to see Louisville win, but I hope they don't."
I can't pull for UNC - no matter who they are playing, but I did want the Devils to have an opportunity to face off with them one more time.
I don't think tonight's game will even be close. Duke wins by 18

DUKE 98
UNC 80

We really have to value the ball tonight. We can’t pile up turnovers and expect to beat them. With that said I expect the boys to come out remembering how it felt leaving chapel hill and ready to handle business. I fully expect a UK like performance tonight.

Let’s get that win!

Reactions: tripleb71
Here comes DUKE!
I think we come out focused and ready to get after it on D. Zion will be on a mission. I just hope it's an "under control" mission and he doesn't get a few quick fouls at the beginning of the game. Need Cam and AOC/White to hit a few shots and for everyone to get it done on the glass tonight.

GTHC.....GTH......GTHC.....GTH

Watching the UNC/Louisville game last night I told my wife "I'd love to see Louisville win, but I hope they don't."
I can't pull for UNC - no matter who they are playing, but I did want the Devils to have an opportunity to face off with them one more time.
I don't think tonight's game will even be close. Duke wins by 18

DUKE 98
UNC 80
I hope so. Be nice to almost drop 100 on them.

Emotions are going to be sky high,we need a good start and MUST play better at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second,if we do this we win..88-81 Duke

I want to blast these turds so bad. I would love for us to keep the turnovers to 12 or under, if so we will drop the hammer.

For me it depends on Tre or Cam, if we have a third scorer that probably needs to have around 12-15 pts we win...if not and it’s just Zion and RJ I don’t think we can beat them..we need to run some good offense tonight...but I can’t pick UNC

Duke 79
UNC 75

We can’t expect Zion to go 13-13 tonight, but we can’t have Cam and Tre combine for a 5-19 performance like last night either.

We need at least 45 points from everyone not named RJ or Zion. We get that, we win.

If Duke doesn’t get any more scoring from the rest of the team this game won’t be close.
In the Cuse game we played too sloppy and this game will be a track meet.

Duke by three

I’m real curious as to which way the sharp money goes....I’m going to keep a close eye on the line for movement.

I can’t wait I can’t wait! Man we about to beat these people and take their heart completely away. They will question themselves after this one.

Duke 92
UNC 78

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Huge game for us. Not just for seeding, but going 0-3 against them would be absolutely brutal. I just think that our freshman will come out with a different level of intensity in them tonight not wanting to get swept during their lone season against them. Close game, expecting about a 5 point win.

I think someone already said it. They play better team ball, we have more talent. Their passing and outside shooting is way better. Our athleticism and inside game is better. (with Zion in the game) We have to come together as a team and play as a team. Individual runs at the basket won't win it tonight. Tonight simply comes down to heart.

No idea what happens tonight. But I just can't imagine this team losing to anyone 3 times. In fact, I'm gonna say we will eventually tie up the series with UNC 2-2 next month.

Reactions: tripleb71
Get back on defense especially after long rebounds on missed threes.
Block out on defensive boards.
After scoring 7 points last night I predict Cam will have a great game.
88-82 Duke

If Cam has a good game, I don't think this game will be within single digits. If we are only getting production from RJ and Zion, it'll be a dogfight.

I also think the three ball fails UNC tonight.

83-70 the good guys!

Duke 88
cheaters 83

The cheaters are playing as well as any team in the country. Hoping everything goes wrong for them tonight and that ego train they have been riding derails . Hoping no one from evil team gets hurt and it is a fair and we'll called game. OFC

Syracuse did not capitalize on Duke's turnovers last night. UNC will not waste the same opportunities. Duke needs to take care of the ball and get in Carolina's passing lanes on defense. Hoping that the guys play with more urgency than they did last night, and Zion does his thing.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT