ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Is it just me, or do we seem to have guys post I never see except on game day and when Duke is not playing up to par? Then after they start handling business, they seem to disappear. I'm not going to mention the names tonight, but there are a few that I have noticed. Maybe it's their busy schedule that only allows them to come on game day and when duke is maybe struggling a little bit. Could just be me though.
I tried to hit the like button several times but it only allowed one.

Heck no. I will never never never pick against Duke. I mean who would do that?
Nah I try to stay away from here when we aren’t playing well, unlike some that only show up at that time.
Big time win last night. Our boys showed huge onions.
QC, You just helped me out with something. I'm going to take your lead on staying away from this board during the game, when Duke is not playing up to the standards of a few pro scouts here.

Reactions: QC Dukie
QC, You just helped me out with something. I'm going to take your lead on staying away from this board during the game, when Duke is not playing up to the standards of a few pro scouts here.
I don't participate in many game threads other than on the national board. I came here last night hoping to witness some knee jerk overreactions. But it wasn't too bad. At least not at the time I arrived.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I don't participate in many game threads other than on the national board. I came here last night hoping to witness some knee jerk overreactions. But it wasn't too bad. At least not at the time I arrived.
The next Duke coaches usually show up on the game threads

RJ is Taylor made for the NBA. That’s interesting!

Was a fun game to be at. Not a huge fan of the Carrier Dome (remind myself each time I’m there of this fact) or the surrounding area. There’s like 2 bars left with 30k+ people looking to drink before the game. Then hoofing it up the icey snowy hill to the Dome. Then being sandwiched into most narrow of walkway areas within the arena. But any Duke game is always a fun experience.

RJ and AOC did a great job making up for Zion’s effiency. Syracuse is always Syracuse. Feels like they have 12 of the same players, 6’8 small forwards that like to pull up contested jumpers off the dribble. Made them in the first half, not so much in second. Big win for us as it helps keep us in contention for the ACC and gets us over the mental hurdle of being without Zion in case he misses Vtech too.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Not a bad idea. No it wasn't bad last night. For the most part it's a great board in my opinion. On game days sometimes it's like who and where did they come from. It sticks out because most of the time, the post comes during a bad stretch when it looks like duke may be in trouble lol. It's all good though.

Such a rough life you lead! Think about how much better it would be if you didn't come here any more. Then slightly fewer people will be able to call you a moron!:)
True, but wouldn’t take away the fact that he’s still a moron.

Reactions: dbav
Did anyone notice when Syracuse tied it at 50, we brought the ball into the half court and it looked like K wanted a TO... he asked Tre to call it but Tre couldn’t hear him.. result - Cam hit a 3

I'm not sure if I see our team evolving into anything in particular. I think we were a better passing team at the beginning of the year for some reason. Our shooting is bipolar. Our frontcourt of Bolden, Jav and White are completely unpredictable game to game. Goldwire and AOC have glaring limitations.

I just want to find some normal mode of operation outside of Zion and Barrett scoring a ton and us going for steals on D. It's pretty entertaining to watch for sure. We'll be rolling the dice in the Tourney. It's time for K to get cooking on some killer gameplan than we can ride for 6 games straight. I can't wait to see what the master serves up.

Reactions: Mpm277
There are people that believe(d) that?
Yes, so called experts on certain sports programs and certain message boards ;)
Yeah someone in this thread yesterday said the NBA would be watching this one game to see if RJ could lead a team to victory without Zion....ridiculous stuff I know

Lol... Few weeks ago I read an article of scouts praising Zion and RJ, with strengths they also list weaknesses. They presented a net rating chart that showed Zion’s production w/o RJ on the floor and vice-versa. Scout noted that RJ’s production drops significantly without Zion and said they’d be watching his play closely when Zion is on the bench for X, X, X reasons. Same crap was mentioned on an ESPN talk show after the injury.

I brought it up and said this would be a huge game for RJ. Also noted that with the negative media attention our blow-out loss w/o Z got against our other players that this would be a huge win for them. I clearly stated that we believe in them and I thought a victory at Syracuse would raise our confidence.

Seriously — What’s so negative or wrong with that? I’m not the expert, I’m repeating their words in a pregame discussion. You guys just follow me around on this forum and twist my words into your mockery and troll. It’s pretty ridiculous considering we’re all Duke fans, grow up dude.

Lol... Few weeks ago I read an article of scouts praising Zion and RJ, with strengths they also list weaknesses. They presented a net rating chart that showed Zion’s production w/o RJ on the floor and vice-versa. Scout noted that RJ’s production drops significantly without Zion and said they’d be watching his play closely when Zion is on the bench for X, X, X reasons. Same crap was mentioned on an ESPN talk show after the injury.

I brought it up and said this would be a huge game for RJ. Also noted that with the negative media attention our blow-out loss w/o Z got against our other players that this would be a huge win for them. I clearly stated that we believe in them and I thought a victory at Syracuse would raise our confidence.

Seriously — What’s so negative or wrong with that? I’m not the expert, I’m repeating their words in a pregame discussion. You guys just follow me around on this forum and twist my words into your mockery and troll. It’s pretty ridiculous considering we’re all Duke fans, grow up dude.

Ok sorry buddy...but you did say it...get over it

Reactions: PixelDevil
I'm not sure if I see our team evolving into anything in particular. I think we were a better passing team at the beginning of the year for some reason. Our shooting is bipolar. Our frontcourt of Bolden, Jav and White are completely unpredictable game to game. Goldwire and AOC have glaring limitations.

I just want to find some normal mode of operation outside of Zion and Barrett scoring a ton and us going for steals on D. It's pretty entertaining to watch for sure. We'll be rolling the dice in the Tourney. It's time for K to get cooking on some killer gameplan than we can ride for 6 games straight. I can't wait to see what the master serves up.

Pretty much agree, particularly about our passing.

Not really what you said but why don't you run with that

Nobody said you was a troll did they? Clueless maybe but not troll

2im2ww.jpg

Left side - that’s exactly what I said
Right side - Ok, I’ll give you credit. I did fail to mention that I read / heard about this. So, I can see where you may have thought I pulled this out of my own pocket. I just assumed nobody would see that as me personally thinking RJ has something to prove. I should have clarified. Because I don’t think he needs to prove anything, apparently they did.

Yeahhhhh, maybe not you but usernames associated with who you were quoting back and forth with think I’m a troll or “negative Duke fan.” — You’re welcome to build your own opinion.

Hahah nah... I don’t want “forum drama” - can’t think of anything more lame than acting tough behind a screen. Ain’t here for that. Couple of the same ones just show up after I post sometimes. Twist, mock or indirectly reference my words. Call me a troll or say that I’m someone previously on here. It gets old, I’m here to talk basketball. Let’s discuss or ignore what I say and move on.

And yeah!!! Couple screenshots and scribble a circle. Simple. I would of been in the HTML editor for 20 minutes trying to bold something. That damn thing hates my iPhone.

2im2ww.jpg

Left side - that’s exactly what I said
Right side - Ok, I’ll give you credit. I did fail to mention that I read / heard about this. So, I can see where you may have thought I pulled this out of my own pocket. I just assumed nobody would see that as me personally thinking RJ has something to prove. I should have clarified. Because I don’t think he needs to prove anything, apparently they did.

Yeahhhhh, maybe not you but usernames associated with who you were quoting back and forth with think I’m a troll or “negative Duke fan.” — You’re welcome to build your own opinion.

Right side is what I was talking about...thank you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT