ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

How does a 6 ft 5 white guy score 30 points or more? Just play Duke.
Worst damn Duke team I have seen in 25 years.
The team you’re referencing from 25 years ago who blow this team out of water. This is K’s worst duke team ever. Including his first 3 teams. If it makes you feel better, we got a great recruiting class coming in next year

Reactions: youngman42
The team you’re referencing from 25 years ago who blow this team out of water. This is K’s worst duke team ever. Including his first 3 teams. If it makes you feel better, we got a great recruiting class coming in next year
I thought we did this year, according to the pundits. Another box of chocolates....

Reactions: hart2chesson
Baker. Wide open 3, clunks it off the back extension of the rim.

terrible mental mistakes. Shooting is atrocious at times.

Can’t play D ...

This team is almost unwatchable

Reactions: hart2chesson
I thought we did this year, according to the pundits. Another box of chocolates....
I don’t think anyone thought we had a great class coming in this year. If we add Baldwin, next year will be like the Bagley class.

Prior to today 85 pts was the most pts ND scored. All it takes is for this piss poor Duke D to break that record.

Not developing players is really killing us this year. Let’s be honest, we would have seen this type of team had we not had zion and rj in 2019

I turned the game on at work . Duke was up perhaps 66-58?? My co-worker interrupted me for two minutes, and Notre Dame was leading. Both defenses were awful. Oh well, he's interrupting again...

I turned the game on at work . Duke was up perhaps 66-58?? My co-worker interrupted me for two minutes, and Notre Dame was leading. Both defenses were awful. Oh well, he's interrupting again...
Just out of curiosity, what did your coworker want?

Reactions: geddoughton23
Irish score 51 and 57 pts at home vs Va Tech and Va. How do they score 90 plus today? Pathetic defense and terrible coaching. I am done for the year. Time for K to retire.

Imo, and I’ll leave it at this. Is young I get it, but players have not been developed meaning the bench players. I’ve said it before when people say if you don’t play well in practice you don’t earn minutes because we’ve seen glimpses of what some of the players can do when given time. Why this team continues to go on a jump shooting spree baffles me. When they attack and score it will open up the perimeter .

Won’t be this team’s last loss but I’ll still watch I’m a Duke fan and these kids as they walked off he court are lost on what to do next just look at Moore and Hurts facial expressions.

Also I’d like to add. Adding anymore bigs or wings will just result in relying on those players and watching the bench shrink setting the roster up much like this the following year.

The problem is Hurt. For as good as he is offensively, he is attacked on the defensive end by every team we play. We have tried zone and can't do it. He's not the only poor defender (none of our guards do a good job keeping their man in front of them), but he's the main reason every team runs the high screen against us. And we can't defend it at all.

Will this be K first ever season without ten wins?

I'll say one thing, K and the staff are doing the best they can.
Eh...K literally hand picks the top prospects in the country year after year...he has more talent than almost anybody we play...

This is his product he has chosen to put on the floor....And his responsibility to develop said talent....he’s failed at both mightily....

There are a ton of coaches out there that could do more with this than K and this staff are doing...

The coaching at Duke has regressed....it’s easy for the eye to see.

Coach K need to retire . He took a top ten team and made them into a top 60 team.
Worst coaching job of his career. Play Williams and Coleman all year and Duke would be in NCAAs.

K's record against other Dukies is 32-7.

Make Brey is 6 of those 7. That's crazy.

This is probably the least mad I've been at a Duke loss ever. I expected it. It really feels like that year in the mid 90's. The good news is we turned it around a few years later. Moore could be really good next year, but my fear is he plays just good enough to become a second rounder. I don't want to pick on Johnson but I have seen nothing that remotely suggests a lottery pick. Maybe in a few years.

Nobody on this team is ready for the NBA. But we all know that multiple guys will inexplicably declare.

What a terrible system and terrible product.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT