ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Always look forward to playing in South Bend and against Coach Bray’s is Fighting Irish.

We’ve gotten a lot of attention lately for our deficiencies in three point and free-throw shooting. Personally, I’m not concerned about the three point shot. I believe that will come as we continue to improve.

Free-throw shooting, however, does concern me a little bit. We have to expect we’re going to be in a lot of close games from here on out, and especially come March, so that is something we are going to have to be better at.

That said, if we remain healthy, there isn’t a team in the country that will have as much talent on the floor on any given game as we will. I truly believe talent wins out in the end. I’m as confident about this team’s ability to win it all as I honestly have been since any team since 2001. I thought we had a good shot in 2015, but something about this year just feels right.

As for tonight, I expect a battle. We enter as a -14 favorite and that seems a little high to me for a road ACC game against a formidable opponent. I think we win, but don’t cover.

Tonight’s tip is scheduled for 7 PM est and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 87

Notre Dame 76

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would seem we should win rather easily, but ND almost always gives us fits. Hope we finally have their number this year.

Duke 81
Notre Dame 75

OFC

Notre Dame doesn’t foul and they don’t turn it over, yet Duke leads the country in blocks and is 4th out of 460 teams in steals (top power 5 team). Something has to give there. I predict a pretty boring game. Our rebounding and driving should take the day. I feel bad that they lost Rex Pflueger, their only really good player.

Notre Dame doesn’t foul and they don’t turn it over, yet Duke leads the country in blocks and is 4th out of 460 teams in steals (top power 5 team). Something has to give there. I predict a pretty boring game. Our rebounding and driving should take the day. I feel bad that they lost Rex Pflueger, their only really good player.
460?

I expect a dawg fight with us pulling away for good midway through the second.

I expect to see a ton of the zone that ND used against UVA. This will be another chance for Duke to acclimate itself against that type of defense, which is becoming one of the perceptions on how to give Duke problems.

Duke should win this one, but I expect to see some zone from ND that might slow things down a bit!

Duke: 72
ND: 58

Let’s go Duke!!

Duke is 3-0 in true road games. I think we easily make that 4-0. Our guys seem to thrive with an "us against the world" mentality, I think we jump out on them early and don't let up till the end.

Duke 86
ND 68

ND will play a ton of zone, which we will probably see the rest of the way out. This will be their Super Bowl. I am sure we will see a player from Notre Dame making 3's at an alarming clip.
This will be a tight game and we pull away with about 6 minutes to go
Duke 75
Notre Dame 68

Has Bray ever ran a zone defense, even for a single game in his career???
If I had to guess, he hasn't. Surely K never taught him any zone....

Given ND played Sat, I doubt they had enough time to install anything, who knows. All I know is they won't be able to stay in front of us if they try to guard us.

Has Bray ever ran a zone defense, even for a single game in his career???
If I had to guess, he hasn't. Surely K never taught him any zone....

Given ND played Sat, I doubt they had enough time to install anything, who knows. All I know is they won't be able to stay in front of us if they try to guard us.

ND played it almost exclusively in the second half Saturday against UVA.

Mike Brey always has his Irish ready for us. He recorded vs Coach K is as good as any current coach. It's gonna be a tough game and even tougher if we wear the dreadful black. Really hoping we come out wearing Duke Blue and White.

Duke 87
ND 76

OFC

Reactions: 91'92'00'10'
Never know with road games, but this isn't a good Notre Dame team. Should beat them by at least 15. If we hit a few outside shots, could be by more.

Duke - 75
ND 62

Bonzi puts up 28 because I don’t believe he went to the league lol.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Duke by 17. ND will be ready after being embarrassed by Virginia at home and will probably hit some shots they haven't been hitting all year. We pull away in the second half forcing turnovers. Jack White hits two big corner 3s!

We won't shoot 9% from three again. The sky is not falling. Slow start, but we cruise after we own the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Duke 82
ND 66

No Colson to deal with, so I think pull away in the 2nd half and win handily!
OFC

We won't shoot 9% from three again. The sky is not falling. Slow start, but we cruise after we own the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Duke 82
ND 66
That's true. We could shoot worse lol

The only thing that worries me about this game is that Mike Brey is Coach K’s only former assistant that has beaten Duke. He’s beaten us 5 times but I still expect us to win. Overall Coach K is 26-5 against his former assistants. Also Notre Dame really isn’t good this season. They’re tied for last in the ACC and they have the third worst record overall among ACC schools.

Another business trip, it should be handled as such. When you are much more talented than your opponent you must put the game away early and remove any doubt. The longer you let an inferior opponent hang around, on the road, in conference, the more bad things start to happen.

Duke: 77
ND: 62

I think we play our usual or average game, hit 5 or 6 three pointers and handle them in the last 10 minutes of the game to win by 15 points, 86 to 71. Please no injuries.

My prediction after GT, we come out much sharper and put this one away in the closing minutes before half. Jack gets his shot back with a couple of 3's and we cover the spread.
Hoping this turns out to be a better game day thread that the last one lol

On a side note, is there any news about Javin? Was the GT game strictly a learning opportunity or something else going on?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT