ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Its one bad season. Lets not act like the program is spiraling downward.
What has changed ? I’m just asking you think players are coming to Duke for K? No they get the most exposure and if they end up in the NIT you think it truly matters when they already know their draft status? Tell me when was the last time this year anybody has seen these players slap the floor? Play Duke defense?

Pastner was up the whole game coaching his team Tuesday. Coach K and his assistants looked like they were sitting in church. The fire in the belly has gone from the coaching staff. Players can sense that.

Don’t worry look at the recruiting class next year.

really poor starts have hurt us all year...being down 20 in 8 minutes is the margin right now. How can you not be prepared to play?Some is player related, some is staff related.

Obviously wish we had won more this year- but as a whole I didn’t see a lack of fire. I did tonight. Looked completely uninterested. Disappointing but life goes on.

Dont Let the smug ass Carolina smiles kid you- we own that ass, have owned it- will continue to own it!!!

They were 100% missing the ncaa last year, 10 seed this year. Far from well down there.

We will be 100% back next year

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
What has changed ? I’m just asking you think players are coming to Duke for K? No they get the most exposure and if they end up in the NIT you think it truly matters when they already know their draft status? Tell me when was the last time this year anybody has seen these players slap the floor? Play Duke defense?
I personally this team is just kind of beaten at this point. From the fact that this has been the worst college basketball season maybe ever, and certainly weirdest and hardest on the players to all the close losses. I do however believe they want to be at Duke and want to win. Save for JJ of course. I think the exposure element is overrated as they could easily go the G-League, have all the NBA eyes on them they want and get paid a decent salary to do it.

Obviously wish we had won more this year- but as a whole I didn’t see a lack of fire. I did tonight. Looked completely uninterested. Disappointing but life goes on.

Dont Let the smug ass Carolina smiles kid you- we own that ass, have owned it- will continue to own it!!!

They were 100% missing the ncaa last year, 10 seed this year. Far from well down there.

Yup. Back to clappin them cheatin cheeks!

Reactions: youngman42
I personally this team is just kind of beaten at this point. From the fact that this has been the worst college basketball season maybe ever, and certainly weirdest and hardest on the players to all the close losses. I do however believe they want to be at Duke and want to win. Save for JJ of course. I think the exposure element is overrated as they could easily go the G-League, have all the NBA eyes on them they want and get paid a decent salary to do it.
Who from Duke? No one on Duke could make the gleague . Hurt no defense and steward and Roach to non aggressive.
If BC don’t beat Duke Louisville will.

Reactions: youngman42
I’m disappointed by the weak effort tonight. We were never in this game. How could we not be up for this game? But we spotted them 20 and they won by 20.

I do like our path in the ACC tourney. We still have a chance.

Lets go Duke!

Who from Duke? No one on Duke could make the gleague . Hurt no defense and steward and Roach to non aggressive.
If BC don’t beat Duke Louisville will.
Hurt, Johnson and Steward could absolutely make the g-league. The talent is there for this team and most definitely is next season. It's up to K and the staff to get them playing as a cohesive unit. We ain't a fist this season.

Hurt, Johnson and Steward could absolutely make the g-league. The talent is there for this team and most definitely is next season. It's up to K and the staff to get them playing as a cohesive unit. We ain't a fist this season.
As far as next season who’s the pg? Who wants to lead? Roach didn’t even react after loves tweet,” everyone is a savage until they play one!”
Hurt will be in the gleague. Steward will be over seas. You can’t count Johnson because he left before his draft stock tanked. The fist acronym was gone after the 2010 season the rest has relied on talent . This team has no killer mentality. You can not give that. Coach that . It’s installed when you pick up the ball .

Reactions: Duke1783

you have less national titles, final fours, ACC championships and trail the series by about 30 games but yeah you guys own us

in all respect though hopefully both our teams can return to being contenders next year. Rivalry isnt the same when both of us arent in the final four mix

No it's embarrassing that he plays so many minutes a game with zero offensive ability

no what’s embarrassing is the lack of development our high star players have shown since the move to focus on one and done players

you have a great night as well. Youre upset which shows even in a down year for both teams this rivalry still means more than anything. Cant wait for the next chapter in February

I'm upset because you should know better than to come over to the opposing team's board after a loss talking shit and pretending to be friendly.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Such a bad coaching year by the staff. They need to go re evaluate themselves this summer

You are so right. You've been right all these years. No doubt if you were coaching we would never lose. I certainly hope you let whover the Duke AD is when Coach leaves that you will let him or her know who you are and how well you are qualified to be our next coach. You have my full support. I have been a fool for not supporting you all these years and I ask for your forgiveness. OFC

Please tell me next year will be better. I'm depressed right now.

I'm angry and sad. But, what can we do? I love Duke, K, and support the team no matter what. The effort was lacking tonight for the first time in a long while. I think that's what surprised me the most. I'm disappointed we didn't fight harder. I'm also depressed that we're about to have back to back years with no Duke basketball in the NCAA tournament. After having our collective hearts broken in the elite eight back to back seasons this is almost too much 💔 😢

I'm angry and sad. But, what can we do? I love Duke, K, and support the team no matter what. The effort was lacking tonight for the first time in a long while. I think that's what surprised me the most. I'm disappointed we didn't fight harder. I'm also depressed that we're about to have back to back years with no Duke basketball in the NCAA tournament. After having our collective hearts broken in the elite eight back to back seasons this is almost too much 💔 😢

I hear you . It really hurts. OFC

Please tell me next year will be better. I'm depressed right now.

im never one for moral victories but it’s all I can point to right now - here are the margin we lost our 11 games by

7 (OT)
4 (OT)

Besides Illinois and UNC tonight- we were right there in every game. Factor in what we should have back (year older, a whole offseason together) and what we have coming in (Griffin, Banchero and possible Baldwin/Keels) this team should be better, should limit mistakes, and should be able to close out games...

you have less national titles, final fours, ACC championships and trail the series by about 30 games but yeah you guys own us

in all respect though hopefully both our teams can return to being contenders next year. Rivalry isnt the same when both of us arent in the final four mix
Well Duke does have more ACC Championships...guessing you referring to ACC regular season...

Hurt will probably go as everyone is saying. But a) he's not getting drafted in round 1 which means he has to make a team to get a contract; b) he's too slow and inconsistent a shooter (at this point in his career) to be in the NBA.

You could really see how much more physical UNC was than Duke. Thicker, more muscular, stronger, etc. ... Does Duke even have a weight program for their basketball team? smh

What is Joey Baker doing getting more minutes than Brakefield or Coleman? 0-4 from 3.

This team likely has one, at most two games left. Hope they play hard.

There was that 3-4 game stretch when Duke really stepped up. Other than that, the players and coaching staff seem to just not care.

One wonders how much more energy K has to coach. He has to turn it around next year. There is some talent there that if most all the players stay they have a chance to improve.

But they need serious work on defense and some sort of offensive system, as well as hitting the weight room. I'd suggest those guys start their off-season weight training program around March 20th ... maybe they'll be physically ready for D1 basketball by November.

Since '99 UNC is 20-32 against Duke. That's a paltry 38% win percentage against your biggest rival. So yes, Duke has been branding that baby blue ass for a long, long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT