ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I am genuinely surprised by this absolutely horrible first half. I can’t imagine a worse half at this point in the season. I thought we would be ready to play for our season. Hurt was due for a poor shooting night. Well tonight’s the night so far.

Down 16. Press the entire second half. Leave it on the floor. And for the love of god please play with some passion.

FIGHT! What fight these are five star players playing for draft status not for the name on the jersey.
I might as well watch the NBA. That’s like the new Duke. A bunch of NBA prospects

Reactions: germantondevil
What a first half by Goldwire. No defense, no assists, no rebounds, no points, no steals but only 1 turnover. Think Walton and Love lIke playing against him ?

Do you think they thought Roach would be lead PG? And GW would be that defensive pest? Or did they really plan on him being our primary PG..i hope not. Its such a gaping hole even analysts call it out. Whats the remedy next year? Another FR PG or hope Roach gets better? I don't see that leap. They have to look into the transfer portal. PG play is so essential its astounding we have missed on that this year so badly

Oh sorry I thought you thought I was a michigan state fan by my handle.

My apologies
No worries. Was agreeing that expected more considering we were playing our biggest rival and with our season on the line. Just baffles me how with all that, we look like we’d get ran out of the YMCA gym right now.

Reactions: christophero
No worries. Was agreeing that expected more considering we were playing our biggest rival and with our season on the line. Just baffles me how with all that, we look like we’d get ran out of the YMCA gym right now.

IMO hurt is overrated...yes he can score but what else does he do good? Sure isn't defense at all

Goldwire is a great team player but under no circumstance should he ever play more than 10 minutes in any game. Duke needed another 4/5star guard. Moore should be playing like a Adrian Dantley using his strength for mismatches 10-12 feet from the basket. He has no business being a ball handler on the perimeter. This whole season has been a screw up. Coaching staff shows no enthusiasm. Please turn down NIT bid.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Maybe Hurt realizes he isn't ready for the NBA after this. But I doubt it.

Could have used the wide open 3 from Hurt - wtf is Brakefield doing??

I honestly think that if they beat some basketball IQ into this teams head over the summer we will be scary next year. Because you don't really have to play well at all to beat us, we beat ourselves.

GW completely switches off on that screen and Love gets to the basket.....this team cannot make enough good plays back to back on both ends to get back into this. Cheats will need to really fold for us to get close...missed shots, TO's and for us to be able to string back to back baskets together. Odds are not good

At least we are good at being politically correct pushing the Equality narrative. I like Virginia’s Unity message much better.

I honestly think that if they beat some basketball IQ into this teams head over the summer we will be scary next year. Because you don't really have to play well at all to beat us, we beat ourselves.
We’re scary now, I hope we’re good next year.

So Roach...recruited as a PG to run the team? A shooter? what's his strength? He's disappeared the last 3 games.

Do you think they thought Roach would be lead PG? And GW would be that defensive pest? Or did they really plan on him being our primary PG..i hope not. Its such a gaping hole even analysts call it out. Whats the remedy next year? Another FR PG or hope Roach gets better? I don't see that leap. They have to look into the transfer portal. PG play is so essential its astounding we have missed on that this year so badly
I can’t figure out why Coach recruited Roach over Love

Goldwire taking 5 shots vs only 3 for Moore. Goldy will be a good YMCA player in a few years.
‘This is the worst coached Duke team in the past 10-15 years. We should have canceled the season.

Don’t worry next year Duke will have the number one or two recruiting class, top draft picks and on the NCAA. Bubble . If we keep it at twenty points I’ll be surprised.
This was due .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT