ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Have to re-group quickly and find a way to beat Georgia Tech on the road. It is frustrating but I still love cheering for Duke Basketball!
i don’t think there is much regrouping with this team. They got ran over against SJ and this was the best effort we could get for our rivalry game. We just got hit by a Mack truck tonight.

I miss booze!
me too,, and a lot of juniors and seniors as well.

Plus I hope we saw shades of what Quez could be next year

A facilitating pg would be great but k has a very talented pg on this team and for whatever reason hasn’t helped him improve much this year. I get it these are freshmen but they have not improved or gelled at all. And this isn’t the first time in the last 5 years. Time for k to adjust or recruit differently imo.
I don’t know what adjustments are needed but the early exits and lack of improvement most years speak for themselves.
There’s too much talent on the floor right now to give up but I think we have seen a lot of this recently to be very worried.

A facilitating pg would be great but k has a very talented pg on this team and for whatever reason hasn’t helped him improve much this year. I get it these are freshmen but they have not improved or gelled at all. And this isn’t the first time in the last 5 years. Time for k to adjust or recruit differently imo.
I don’t know what adjustments are needed but the early exits and lack of improvement most years speak for themselves.
There’s too much talent on the floor right now to give up but I think we have seen a lot of this recently to be very worried.
First 5 minutes he was great. Need the other 35 though

The loss sucks but it's one game. Heels played harder, beat us on the boards and just out hustled us. We need to get back to Durham, get a hot shower to get the stench from that cheese smelling humidor they call a gym off and just get back at tomorow. We need to rebound and play better at ga tech. Happy with the Bolden and AOC minutes. Still have tough games at Tech, Clemson and Va Tech.

We will be fine!!

I trust K.

I would love to say I agree, I really want to, but I just don't. I don't believe we will be fine. With only 7 games left in the regular season, I don't believe we are fixing the defense and poor decisions. I'm still a Duke fan and I will still cheer for the team, but I don't believe the clock has enough ticks in it for us to all of a sudden play good defense, stop turning the ball over, and stop making bad decisions and poor shot selection.

Reactions: SWEc/o95
I want the Coach K who would call a TO and absolutely rip a team for getting outhustled, he seems more mellow with this team.

Had to watch on replay, but an absolute frustrating game. Even more frustrating was reading through this game thread. For someone to call Grayson an “embarrassment” for not playing well is just ridiculous. Guy is playing is heart out each time he’s out there and I’m proud to see him wearing that Duke jersey.

As for the game, we really needed Wendell to be better tonight. We should have abused them with our front court, but it just didn’t happen tonight. The amount of offensive rebounds we give up with this team is absolutely ridiculous. A lot of that has to go onto our guards for not boxing out on long rebounds.

I’m generally an optimist when it comes to our team, but something just doesn’t feel right with this season. Either the light comes on after this loss, or it’s not happening.

As for the game, we really needed Wendell to be better tonight. We should have abused them with our front court, but it just didn’t happen tonight. The amount of offensive rebounds we give up with this team is absolutely ridiculous. A lot of that has to go onto our guards for not boxing out on long rebounds.

I’m generally an optimist when it comes to our team, but something just doesn’t feel right with this season. Either the light comes on after this loss, or it’s not happening.

I don’t think it’s that the light hasn’t come on....sometimes a team is just who they are. Unfortunately, that might be who this team is....incredibly talented individuals who just don’t mesh well together.

Reactions: sheyduke
Went back and looked. OT tweeted that at 8:30 and Duval retweeted 30 minutes later. I’m not buying he did that.
Where can you see the time Duval retweeted? I only see the time of the original tweet.

IF he is the one that re-tweeted that he shouldn't ever play again. As for this thread dear lord the trolls are terrible. I'll root for them until I'm not able to know what's going on any more but sadly it seems like I won't be rooting as long as I hoped this season. Bolden was awesome though that's a plus the only one

Reactions: dbav
I’m telling you right now our guys aren’t trying to get better on defense. You watch us in zone and we aren’t even trying to locate guys and force things to happen. We’ve all played this game at some level and know what it takes. We look complacent which is super concerning.

I don’t think it’s that the light hasn’t come on....sometimes a team is just who they are. Unfortunately, that might be who this team is....incredibly talented individuals who just don’t mesh well together.
Sounds just like the 2014,2016,2017 teams....

Wife and I watched the game with a bunch of Duke alums here in Austin. The level of frustration was crazy, with this specific team but also, I think, with the general direction of the program. One-year rentals like Duval or Bagley? It's embarrassing. This season, to me, watching guys who don't fit and don't seem to care about each other or Duke, well we've jumped the shark as a program.

Can we stop with the "We will be fine" BS? Because you can't truly believe that. There are 7 games left in the regular season and we are regressing instead of looking better. We are not going to find a leader this late in the year.

Bags and Carter should get at least 50% or more of our shot attempts every game. They combined for 20 tonight. Only 9 attempts in the 2nd half when our guards can't throw it in the oven pretty much all year. We got beat on the boards by a bunch of scrubs because they know what heart and effort are and could care less about being out talented.

Reactions: pisgah101
Where can you see the time Duval retweeted? I only see the time of the original tweet.
Forget what I said. If you have a laptop you can tell I think. Who cares if he did or not. They sucked guarding the 3. They sucked playing defense n the second half. They have to come together.

Can we stop with the "We will be fine" BS? Because you can't truly believe that. There are 7 games left in the regular season and we are regressing instead of looking better. We are not going to find a leader this late in the year.

Bags and Carter should get at least 50% or more of our shot attempts every game. They combined for 20 tonight. Only 9 attempts in the 2nd half when our guards can't throw it in the oven pretty much all year. We got beat on the boards by a bunch of scrubs because they know what heart and effort are and could care less about being out talented.

I don’t there’s anything wrong with those folks. They have the same right as you do to post their feelings....

For the record, though, I tend to agree with you. I mean, we can beat anyone. We were awful tonight and still had chances to win late, but winning six in a row like that against decent-to-good teams? Doesn’t seem likely.

Also, UNC isn’t a bunch of scrubs. They’re a good team.

I don’t there’s anything wrong with those folks. They have the same right as you do to post their feelings....

For the record, though, I tend to agree with you. I mean, we can beat anyone. We were awful tonight and still had chances to win late, but winning six in a row like that against decent-to-good teams? Doesn’t seem likely.

Also, UNC isn’t a bunch of scrubs. They’re a good team.

I think people just say that to make themselves feel better at this point. I would give anything to be dead wrong about this team but its going to take a miracle we haven't seen before.

Rolling in from a night at a craft brew house....lovely vanilla carmel amber btw - observations - 2 TO's forced - we didnt presssure them enough, our guards were outplayed by a huge margin, we got out rebounded which is an effort measure and once again Duval and Grayson underperformed. Why we didnt pound it inside is a mystery. The first 5 mins of the second half showed that the players dont care. Pinson, Berry and Maye all know what a rivalry game is about....the 5 freshman we play could care less...I'm done with the OAD mentality. Yes we get talent but we dont get the mentality of being a Duke player or what it means as a program....Berry wanted it more in this game because he understood what it meant....our freshman treated it like any other road game and showed no intensity or desire. Maybe we beat them at Cameron but this just shows that the Duke mojo is waning in the OAD era, and that makes me frustrated

Reactions: pisgah101
Been watching duke basketball for over 30 hears, its painful to watch this team play defense. Carolina got wide open shots all night, this team does not even know how to play zone. This team does not have the,guard play to make the final 4, just like last year's team talent everwere just not good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT