ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I don't want to say it, but I will. This team will not make it to a Final Four. They have alot of talent, but no championship instinct. Maybe it's because they are freshmen, or maybe it's because they have no chemistry. Either way, Coach K cannot get this team playing at a high level. Maybe they eventually will and I will be shocked.
I don't think it's that. We play well in every single game. I think a lack of leadership comes back to bite us almost every time though.

Reactions: ioliva
I don't want to say it, but I will. This team will not make it to a Final Four. They have alot of talent, but no championship instinct. Maybe it's because they are freshmen, or maybe it's because they have no chemistry. Either way, Coach K cannot get this team playing at a high level. Maybe they eventually will and I will be shocked.
K is most of the problem. Too soft with this team. Empty bs speeches after game then holds no one accountable. Plays 2 predictable defenses that no one can seem to grasp or show any effort in.

Another group of talented high schoolers passing through. 3-pt shooting just isn't up to Duke standards.

This team won't make it past the first weekend.

Freshman don't worry abnout these as much as most players, they see an NBA check coming in a few months. I don't a vast improvement coming with 2/3 of the season over. I'll watch and pull for them, but it's not Duke style basketball anymore. No use being in denial about it. I'll even wear my duke gear tomorrow.

Reactions: pisgah101
It sucks and hurts when your rival out plays you and theres not any use to talk about our players. They are what there are and thats freshmen who haven't jelled as a team and time is quickly running out on this edition.

It seems every year I’ve lost more interest in watching Duke basketball. So many of us Duke fans hated what Kentucky was doing years ago but now love winning the recruiting battle just as they did.

I’m getting old it seems. I certainly like these kids and they will be so much more complete as juniors and seniors in the nba. It’s just not the same.

I wish you guys well

Reactions: germantondevil
What no one has mentioned was for this game to be this big! The play of Bolden and Alex.

No loss is good but Duke truly has some pluses from this game to build on
Yea, big up to Bolden and AOC, I just wish we would have won to boost their confidence even more... I like the high low action from Bolden and Bags...

Reactions: sheyduke
UNC played harder, smarter, and better. But mostly harder. I was way more upset after the St. John’s loss. Good teams can lose this kind games. Every championship team can lose this kind of game. But it’s not the result that’s disheartening, it’s realizing that we’ve made zero improvement on defense. And now I know that just won’t change.

Our defense is just not good. Not sure that is going to change this year. Frustrating.

This loss doesn't bother me any worse than the others. What I really care about most is the tournament. I watch every game trying to judge how tournament ready I think we are. I have tried to keep believing, but I habe all but lost any hope. I don't think we have much of a chance to win 6 in a row this year. I hope I am wrong, but I don't believe there is enough time left to correct what we have seen week after week.

Reactions: toophly1124
Credit to the Heels....they kicked our asses.

- we just don’t defend....it’s maddening

- almost equally as maddening was how poorly we rebounded tonight

- I’m not sure what’s up with Grayson....he’s hurt or something, but he’s nothing like the player he used to be

- we look national championship caliber every single game we play....unfortunately we’re incapable of doing it for 40 minutes

- I won’t give up and I’ll cheer as hard as I can, but it’s really hard to envision this team going deep come March

K is most of the problem. Too soft with this team. Empty bs speeches after game then holds no one accountable. Plays 2 predictable defenses that no one can seem to grasp or show any effort in.

How do you know he holds no one accountable? Should he bench them? The consensus amongst the doomsdayers is that everyone on the team sucks. Who should play? Let's say you bench just Grayson and Tre - should Alex and Goldwire be our guards? Do you think we'd be a better team?

Just stop with the glass half full bullsh*t. Jesus Christ. Call a spade a spade. The K era is just that, history.

With post like you made right here is one of the reason we've lost a couple of really good regular guys that used to post here often. You add nothing with statements like that. Sometimes people just need to keep their social media mouth shut. None of us are happy with the loss but lighten up a little please. OFC

Don’t really know what to say that I haven’t already said...

We are just absolutely terrible defensively....which is the norm

Bagley if he isn’t dunking or shooting a layup does absolutely nothing and is a terrible terrible defensive player....he has zero offensive game outside of about three feet...

Our offense is all rebounding and put backs...it’s a total illusion...keep our bigs off the offensive boards and we got nothing....

It’s Feb 8th...we are what we are....and we are not very good....

Once again this was a bait game and Ol Roy made the adjustments at the half he needed to. They blitzed Duke. Grayson even told the team it was coming!

You have to play for forty minutes. Carolina did and they even went empty on offense Duke simply couldn’t capitalize. If Duke did anything right they got help from their bench. I got Duke by ten at Cameron

At least last year we had injuries to blame. And we had an amazingly memorable ACCT run. This year we probably need to beat UNC twice and at least get to the Elite 8 just to say we had as good of a season as last year—which we all admit seriously underachieved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT