ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Does it take any of the hurt off that the Johnnies beat Nova in Philly??? Maybe a little?

Alright, it's Duke/Carolina - back the game at hand. Over the last 100 games these two teams have each won 50 games and Duke has scored a grand total of two more points than Carolina. THAT'S a rivalry.

I don't even know what to pick here. Which team will show up today? I'm hoping that the last loss was a wakeup call because we are a long way from hitting our ceiling.

That said, I can't pick against us. I've been doing the gameday threads since 2007 and have NEVER picked against us. Even at Carolina, they way we've had their number of late, I think we steal another one. We've won 6 of 8 against them...

Tonight's game is slated for a 8pm est and will air on ESPN HD. I must admit, I was thrown for a little bit of a loop with this...Our first game against the Holes is usually on a Wednesday and usually a 9pm est tip...8pm and Thursday changes up the mojo!

Duke 88

Carolina 85

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much beats the excitement of a Duke/UNC game day. I think tonight goes down to the wire. 84-81 us.

Reactions: skysdad
Duke 88
unc 85

Will unc have momentum with the slaughter win Pitt or will we regroup and play the way this Duke team should. OFC

This is the second year in a row this game has been played on Thursday night....so it's not something totally new. I don't recall whether last year was an 8pm start time or not, though.

I'm always nervous for Duke-UNC....so this is nothing new for me. I feel as though Grayson must play well. If he doesn't, then I don't think we'll win. It's a tough season for the Heels by their recent standards, and it's the last time Berry and Pinson get Duke on their home court.

I'll be cautiously optimistic and say we sneak out of Chapel Hill with an 85-79 win. I pray that if the game does come down to free throws late, it's Gary or Grayson at the line for us.

This is the second year in a row this game has been played on Thursday night....so it's not something totally new. I don't recall whether last year was an 8pm start time or not, though.

I'm always nervous for Duke-UNC....so this is nothing new for me. I feel as though Grayson must play well. If he doesn't, then I don't think we'll win. It's a tough season for the Heels by their recent standards, and it's the last time Berry and Pinson get Duke on their home court.

I'll be cautiously optimistic and say we sneak out of Chapel Hill with an 85-79 win. I pray that if the game does come down to free throws late, it's Gary or Grayson at the line for us.

Looks like it was an 8pm est tip on a Thursday last year, too. I didn’t remember that.

Nonetheless, we need to start a petition to bring back the 9pm est tip on a Wednesday!!! :D

Reactions: pisgah101
The way Duke has played, this is a tough to call. If Duke plays to their potential they win every time, imo. But, I think the game could go either way. Duke will have to mentally get past their bad play Saturday. Defense for both will be a big factor (I think Duke needs to mix man and zone off and on to keep them off balance). But, it will probably come down to who shoots better on 3s & FTs down the stretch.

Duke 86
UNC 81

I’m worried about Big Fluke May. We can’t guard him. We need to bring a weed eater and threaten to use it on his eyebrows.

Reactions: toophly1124
If Grayson will have a big night, it will help me cement my case for what to name my firstborn. The wife is close to conceding.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Grayson plays big in big games. We need him to continue that trend tonight.

Also, as someone who does a little sermonizing on the side.... Go to Hell, Carolina!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT