ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm just going to continue to ride this out....short and sweet. I've seen several posts on here recently about our current probability to get into the tournament following yesterday's dominate win.

They were actually discussing this very thing on CBS Sports Network College basketball wrap up last night (curious if anyone else saw this?). Before yesterday's game we had a 19.2% chance according to Kenpom, I've searched high and low for the updated probability and can't find it.

The commentators were specifically mentioning the impact of Saturday's game. They mentioned that dominating for 40 minutes and playing our best basketball of the year, really gives the one win, in the eyes of the committee, more value than "one win" (if that makes sense?). Simply because it was an eye opener to college basketball that Duke isn't going anywhere.

Looking at the schedule, the only game that I won't feel like we've got a legit shot to win, before the conference tourney, is Virginia (and it's at Cameron). Otherwise - on paper, at least - all winnable games. The next five are very winnable which would mean seven straight.

Truthfully, at home, the Virginia game is winnable too. I just know we're not going to run the table and trying to be realistic about where a loss is most likely to come from.

Don't tell me to not get ahead of myself lol, I'm just doing some prognosticating, what I will say, is we're a long way from out of an at large.

Tonight's game is scheduled to tip at 7pm est and will air on ESPN. Duke enters the game a -10.5 favorite against the struggling, 5-10 Hurricanes.

Duke 80

Miami 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
Miami always seems ready for Duke, even going back to '15 (our last natty) and they ripped us one AT DUKE, following a Sunday loss we suffered in Raleigh. Obviously we righted ourselves and won the 'ship!

Anyway, the line seems a little high, and I think its closer than that. Is it a possible trap game ahead of UNC?? Do we keep our sights dead set on Miami, especially given the importance of EVERY GAME NOW?? I think K will have us ready and we play well enough to win.
75-67, Devils!

OFC

I think we handle Miami tonight. This is not your normal Miami team. If we start strong and play defense like we did against Clemson, we win by double didgits! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

Game preview:

Hopefully not a trap game - coming off a great performance Saturday - quick turnaround to today - UNC on Saturday.

I think it stays close in the 1st half but Duke pulls away in the 2nd half

Duke - 77
Miami - 67

Duke and this team just keeps building momentum.

Is Miami still short handed? Wonder if Lykes will play.

Duke now -11...sharps liking Duke which is always a good thing.

Go Duke!! Hope Williams gets lots of run....

If the spread is going up, I assume that means to Lykes. He is the only one who can make this a closer game. Without him, Duke focuses on Wong as the only threat.

I'm liking the Duke streak staying alive and then we can focus on the Cheats.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we will build of the momentum of Saturday and take care of business in workmanlike fashion tonight. I would love to see Williams get more burn and play well. I really think we are a better team with a true 5 to rim protect and pick up a couple put backs on offense. Hopefully his on the job training continues.

Duke 74
Miami 61

Reactions: Liftee
Miami has a very good freshman forward named Earl Timberlake. He has not played since the January 19 game against Syracuse. I don't know why

Another must win...miami isn't very good...been destroyed by injuries...other than Saturday we haven't been good either...just win because we have to

A win tonight will be great which I feel we should get but I'm feeling greedy. I want a blow out with no mercy. Full throttle from the opening whistle to the final horn. Just feel like we need a game like that. The win against Clemson was vintage Duke but not one of those where the opponents are raising that white flag with 15 minutes left in the game. I remember those days and yearn for more. OFC

odd start - some poor TO's and easy buckets for Miami..but looks like we can score. If we defend even average we should be fine

we may give up 100 if this is how they are going to shoot and we play defense

Love goldwire, but some UNC fan will have a good time putting together a lowlight reel of his missed layups.

Glad K finally figured zone was way to go against poor shooting team. Do they scout this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT