ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Alright. Two in a row is enough - especially when I felt like both were games we should win. But, a mini skid this time of year isn't uncommon - let's just end it tonight.

If Vernon Carey can take over tonight like he did in Coral Gables earlier in the month, we're good. Someone is going to have to step up. I honestly think we're missing Wendell more than many of us thought we would. He just brings such versatility on both ends of the floor.

We enter tonight's game favored by double digits, again, sitting currently at -17.5. Given our little min slide, Coach L's previous success against us and this group still being pretty young, I think we win, but don't cover.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 9pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 82

Miami 70

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we come out focused and win big tonight. Duke by a bunch!!!!
OFC

Duke shaking off this little mid season slide and win big tonight. Time to refocus, Christmas break and exams are in the rear view mirror. Lets get ready for the end of the season run tonight!!

Time for Tre to get his teammates in line. The way to do that is by example. He has to play better.

Duke 82
Miami 68

I'm back from vacation, no more 0-2 weeks ever again. Think we right the ship and start rolling again.

I think we will see a workman like game, start to finish. Single digit turnovers and 70% team foul shooting. Up 8-10 at halftime, cruise to an 18 point win.

Duke 82
UM 64

Just saw that the Georgia/UK game is on ESPN at 7:00. Let's all get our positive vibside together in hopes that one of these teams takes care of business in less than 2 hours. Getting so tired of switching over game after game after game. I can't even blame it on hof coach roy williams. OFC

Everyone knows what this team is capable of, just need to get the "focus" back. Not sure about the spread tonight, but Duke will not lose this one @ home.

Go Duke!
OFC

I would really like a blowout from start to finish. Can we do that please?

We could use a blowout. I'm hoping for some stats like these. 97 points. Holding Miami to below 65. 55 % from the field , 45 % from the three, 85% from the free throw line. Less than 10 turnovers. Doesn't matter who scores the points but 7 in double figures. We need a game like that. OFC

Hoping for the same Duke team that played the last 25 minutes or so against Louisville. Quick and aggressive to the ball. They should be alright.

Go Duke!

Hopefully we see some adjustments and come out with a purpose today. Vernon has hit the wall. He’s still adjusting to this physicality. We will be fine though. Duke by 17

Edit: 16-17 was 1.6 ppg.

I don’t want to be a downer, didn’t know where else to put this, is Javin who he is at this point? The numbers say yes he isn’t gonna get any better. We need Javin so bad because of Vernon’s conditioning limitations.

Reactions: skysdad
I just hope that tonight our game starts on time since our game is after the Kentucky/Georgia game

Odds are against it. They will probably move it but some posters can't get ESPNU. They need to figure it out because it happens all the time. Just about every game. OFC

GOOD GUYS, 79-59 as the DEFENSE carries the day! Great to have a 2nd consecutive game on ESPN HD! OFC

Odds are against it. They will probably move it but some posters can't get ESPNU. They need to figure it out because it happens all the time. Just about every game. OFC
And if not ESPNU then it gets moved to ESPNEWS. I’m lucky because the only ESPN channel that I don’t have is ESPN Classic if it’s even a channel anymore and I was so mad when they took away ESPN Classic because I used to love when they would show old Homerun Derby’s from way back in the day.

Duke 81
miami 67

Let's get this thing rolling in the right direction again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT