ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE 2nd RD ACC TOURNEY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry all, I know I’m a little tardy today, my son tested positive for Covid yesterday so we’re all back in quarantine for the second time time this year and I’ve been running all over trying to get homework etc..

So far so good but still frustrating - especially for him. He was just named the starting second baseman for his HS team - he was the only freshman to make varsity out of about 20 that went out. So he’s a little bummed, worried it’s going to affect all that. Anyway - enough of our sob story.

Keep winning, keep advancing. I’m trying to keep the faith, but it’s literally that simple.

Tonight‘s game is slated to tip at 6:30 pm est and will air on the ACC Network. Currently, Duke is favored by three - and I think we cover, just barely!

Duke - 81

Louisville - 77

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!

If we win people will be talking about us in a good way again. If we build on the momentum of yest. we have a great shot. This team has been alarmingly inconsistent so I have no idea what to think.
Duke 74
UL 71

If we can defend their guards this time...unlike the last two UL games....and rebound better we have a chance. Of course we could get 3 happy after yesterdays false dawn and go 1-18 from 3 and get blown out. No score prediction - just win

Reactions: christophero
Can Duke survive and advance? Game preview:

Take care of yourself and family K and thanks for the game threads!
No prediction- JUST WIN!!!

Duke and I hope everything goes well Kville.

Hang in there K-ville. My family and I just went thru our own little Covid situation. Hoping for the best for you and you family and especially your son. He'll be out there taking infield practice in no time and keep his starting spot!

Congrats Duke 1783, what an amazing and exciting time for you and your young family!

Oh, and Duke wins. 77 - 69

Reactions: christophero
I swear I’ve barely watched any games this year and every time I do it seems I don’t get the channel.

If, and this is a big if, we beat Louisville and FSU are we in? Or at least on the bubble?

Hoping K-ville's son gets better soon and is back on the diamond!

Agree w/K-ville, i think we cover because line is suspicious.....Looks like a bookie ploy designed to bait you to jump on the Cards. Duke, 78-71

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Wow, blew that lead quickly. I love Goldy but he’s been awful today.

Replay showed Louisville’s kicked back and goldwire didn’t do anything smh

Super disappointing to only be up one. I’ll take it but they gave that lead away.

Why do we keep letting Moore dribble during crunch time minutes? Hasn’t coach k realized he’s an awful ball handler lol.

Louisville scores 16 unanswered in 3 minutes, 3 more than they scored during the first 16 minutes. Oy.

Please do not put Coleman or Baker back in any more tonight. Yikes.

One word “Bait”. Louisville baited Duke into relaxing with a lead. This has shades of the last game. How we come out the second half is crucial.

That first half sort of epitomizes this whole season. For 15 minutes they look really solid. Making good shots. Playing decent D. Lots of contributors. Then, collapse and look like high school juniors.

Just shows the basketball immaturity and physical immaturity of the team.

our perimeter had decided to return to normal after briefly raising our hopes against BC

I'm not sure why we went to zone to spur that run, but all in all, we have a lead at halftime. Let's come out strong and finish. Hurt with only 1 foul, Williams with 0. I would love to see Williams dominate the second half aggressively.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Don’t understand the constant ripping of Goldwire. He’s not in there for his scoring. We need Steward and Roach to man up. They were a combined 2-8.
I agree. Goldwire is defense for Duke scoring from him is a plus.
All Dukes guards will be needed in the second half because Louisville is coming out swinging .

Reactions: Mac9192
Let GW focus on keeping Jones under 25 pts....then he can play more...and zero shots...even 3 in the first half is 3 he should not take. Be good at something and limit their guard production.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT