ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Relying on Grayson to score 30 points a night to win isn't sustainable...

Quite the over reaction. Every minute so far this season I've seen encouraging improvement!

I think the D will come along
We're going to let up 40+ I. The first half against Georgetown, a traditionally slower tempo team. The defense is horrid

Pretty simple in the second half....D up for twenty minutes and we win...don't and we lose.

KQ the same exact guy calling for K to hang it up last season.... And quite certain that was over D as well!

Didn't learn did ya

Sit the F back, watch the greatest coach of all do his thing and enjoy!!!!

Thank goodness we hit our free throws. Need to keep on making them if we're going to have a chance at winning this game.

OFC

That last 3 hurt. Shouldn't have even gotten the shot off. Statically we are pretty good offensively the first but in the same breath we are not doing very well on D. Better start playing some shut down d and quit giving GT such open shots. Blocking out on the D boards will help a lot. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Last time we saw a Du

Can't you see the defensive improvement? It's encouraging

Give up on them, ya did by this point last season as well. Ya had to of felt like a genius as K was cutting down the nets!

Keep up the good work around here K

KQ the same exact guy calling for K to hang it up last season.... And quite certain that was over D as well!

Didn't learn did ya

Sit the F back, watch the greatest coach of all do his thing and enjoy!!!!
Actually your not certain of anything if that what you think. Never ever said K should hang them up ever in my life....and pretty sure I never complained about the defense last year.

The year before yes..last year didn't happen.

I would guess Georgetown is shooting a pretty high percentage in the first half, without seeing what it actually is, and our defense isn't much worse than it was to start last year. Hey, still rookies against veterans out there, and it's not over yet. Nice comeback at end of first half (except for the hail mary).
What we have to hope for is a strong finish and a lot of fight from Duke, to the end. That is where a team is built. "K" and staff will get it figured out, it just may be a little more of a painful process this year.
Still say Duke wins a "white knuckler" here.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

That last 3 hurt. Shouldn't have even gotten the shot off. Statically we are pretty good offensively the first but in the same breath we are not doing very well on D. Better start playing some shut down d and quit giving GT such open shots. Blocking out on the D boards will help a lot. OFC

Yeah, that last 3 seems more than just 3 points because of the emotional swing. Georgetown is a good 3 point shooting team...got to clamp down on them. And as you said...must secure the rebound when they do miss.
Go Duke!

OFC

Moving on, sorry fellas!

Should see a great effort here the next 20....

Make the freebies we win

Georgetown looks more physical and organized on both ends of the court. Good response from our guys but then a mental let down at the end of the half

Grayson is just a scoring machine. UK may of shut him down but I'll tell ya not many teams have the ability to do it.

excluding that blown assignment on that three some much better defense the first four minutes of this half. It's changing the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT