ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Big 2k Classic championship game in MSG for this young team We will see if the Georgetown zone gives us trouble like so many other matchup zones have in years past.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Fans and spectators alike (myself included) are skeptical about how high its ceiling is and if we can consistently win without a PG. A lot of questions to be answered and not much time to do it in.

Ingram and Kennard MUST start playing better and showing up. Ingram - although obviously loaded with talent - has played incredibly soft so far. He absolutely has to get it going.

This game is slated to air on ESPNHD at 1pm est.

Duke 65

Georgetown 61

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Kennard & Ingram find their games, we win by double digits, if not this will be tough. I think we win in a hard fought battle! GO DUKE!!!

OFC

If Derryck keeps trending up, Grayson keeps up his game and another guy finds his shot we will be fine. I haven't seen GT play so I don't know what they have, but Coach K should have them ready. And hit some Freethrows please.

Duke 74
GT 67

Last edited:
I'm pretty confused over the PG talk..... DT has played VERY well the last 3 halves! It's like people listened to DickieV or something. I know who the PG of this team is and I have all the confidence in him.

Break out day for our kids. I'm feeling good.

Duke 83
GT 69

Georgetown is a very good team, they took Maryland right down to the wire (@ Maryland). They have good guards. Find it very hard to favor us in this game, and to be realistic, if we can play well, it will be a great sign for the year to come.
If they play their matchup zone, it will be very important for Ingram to be active in the foul line area of the zone, and Plumlee needs another Kentucky performance. That being said, watch for Kennard to maybe get hot, DT will show more improvement, and Grayson will be steady,
In the first "white knuckler" of the season, Duke finds a way to pull this one out!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Duke 67
G Town 64
I think Duke will come out sluggish but eventually pull it out in the end. Expecting for the captains to lead early and have Grayson and the freshman finish string for the championship.
FYI my mom grow up a huge Georgetown fan back in the 70s and 80s with Big John Thompson as coach. She is a split on the game tonight but I had to let her know Gtown isn't what it was then,
Go duke

If we play how we have been it'll be really close but like some have said once some of these guys start to get it going I think we will look a lot better but I'm going...
Duke-72
G-Town- 69

Hoyas have the ability to hit the outside shot and their FT's. Where they fall apart is at the one guard. No real point. So if they don't hit those shots they can't break down a D one v one.
Hoyas can win of the stars align but that means incredible shooting and Duke turning it over way too often.
77-70 Duke.

I look for this to be a tough game. Duke needs to make their free throws or we might be in some trouble. It would be a good time for Luke, and Brandon to get it going.

Duke 70
Georgetown 65

OFC

I watched GT play the other day and they will be tough. They will try to exploit the middle after watching VCU have success in the paint. Our bigs have to step up and stay out of foul trouble. GT has shooters this year also. We are going to see Ingram and Kennard explode,,hopefully today. Duke by 5 if they hit free throws

Interested to see how Ingram responds coming off the bench today...

Did dick just say that we lost two games last November to Kansas and Arizona but then won it all?? What the heck is he talking about

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
I'm not sure it's possible to play defense in this setting. College sports are Fing horrid. Ruined the game

It's gonna take patience this year guys. Our freshman aren't nearly as polished as previous years. Gonna be a long year if they don't come along. Also, doesn't help that the refs have been calling us for everything.

We are offensively challenged so far and that makes us fans think so much more about D. Also it doesn't help were zoning due to foul problems and dumb..... Officials

No doubt it's not that good yet but it doesn't stick out to me

Would love to see Obi or Vrank in this game to do nothing but crash the glass. Amile looks tired and MP is hurting with fouls.

I also want to keep the faith with Ingram but I'm just not seeing it with him. Too skinny to post. Too slow to drive.

On the positive Grayson and DT look good. Jeter with a nice post move as well.

I think Jeter is ready. I hope he plays more with Marshall or Amile. He had a low post game. That high and low will be nice.

We just have to stop penetration defensively. If we play zone the middle is so open you can drive a semi through it and if we play man we get beat off the dribble consistently for lay ups and drop offs. If we would contain the ball from the free throw line down we would be fine.

Did dick just say that we lost two games last November to Kansas and Arizona but then won it all?? What the heck is he talking about
I think he was saying we lost 2 games in November (which we don't do too often) then we still won the title last season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT