ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE - ACC TOURNEY FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Don’t want to sound like a homer for saying this but I think we are hitting a groove, and a lot of that has to do with Goldwire’s defense.

His job the last 2 games on defense has taken pressure off of our offense. Who would have thought?

Win by 5

How fun is this Duke fam?
FSU is deep, long and athletic...they are every year is seems. We MUST take care of the ball and limit them on the offensive glass. I believe it will be close, we will look bad during stretches, but I also believe there is something about this team. Our first tournament championship starts today. Then we go win another tournament!!

DUKE 77
fsu 68

FSU plays 10 kids and they all play around the same amount of minutes. They will be much fresher than we will. I still think we have a chance to win if we can forget about last night and Cam needs to hit some shots. At one point late in the game he threw up 2 airballs in a row.

Love the two wins so far obviously but Cam just for whatever reason cannot shoot the basketball. No consistency all year. Love the kid but Lord does he need to stay in school. He won’t of course but his game has a long way to go.

If it is close, force Leonard to keep his timeouts down the stretch and I like our odds. See how horrible fsu looked the final minute last night.

Cam needs to nut up tonight. These guys believe in him, or they wouldn’t have called a play for him the possession after he checked in last night in the second half.

Reactions: Smythe13
Love the two wins so far obviously but Cam just for whatever reason cannot shoot the basketball. No consistency all year. Love the kid but Lord does he need to stay in school. He won’t of course but his game has a long way to go.
My feeling is that he only has a short way to go (tighten up his skills), but that is a big what if. I can’t tell if he will ever have consistent vision or handles, but he’s right on the doorstep of having both. For Cam it will come down to taking the training seriously. He needs to get in the gym and turn his phone off. He needs to train like JJ did after his first 2 seasons at Duke. Cam sees himself as Durant, which is fine, but at some point he has to train like Durant. Maybe he already is doing so, I have no clue.

We win by 5, and Goldwire provides quality minutes again. I think Cam steps up today. RJ will have a big game as well. Vrank has 5 fouls to give and we may need them today. FSU is legit. Glad we have wrapped up a one seed; I am more relaxed. Plus we didn't get swept. Need to make free throws, but I guess that comeback gassed us. Great win last night. :)

Reactions: Mac9192
Our boys are going to have to bring it tonight and I'm talking about all the supporting actors to Zion. I'm going to beleive that we will see a team effort tonight scoring wise. I see everybody is jumping on the FSU bandwagon on TV. Watch them boys tonight!

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
How awesome would it be if we won today and J Gold makes the all tournament team?

Just looked at stubhub prices. If I had known that last night I’d be in charlotte in a couple hours

Beard, was it you I made the bet with early this week? If so I am not worried about you following thru with it. I am just glad Duke won last night. HAHA

On to this game.
It will be interesting to see how much gas we have left, last night was emotional and exhausting for me as a fan and I cannot imagine how to players feel.

I think FSU will be too much for us tonight, their length and ability to play 10 guys will be to much to overcome with 3 games in 3 days.

Florida State 71
Duke 64

It was. Congrats! I’ll follow through. You post the pic and I’ll make it my avatar.

College game day on ESPN right now. FSU already in the gym getting up shots. I hope duke is chilling and watching film in the treatman room.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Zion and Joey team up for 56. This sparks Joey's utter dominance thru the NCAA Tourney culminating in Duke's 6th title.

Zion and Joey team up for 56. This sparks Joey's utter dominance thru the NCAA Tourney culminating in Duke's 6th title.
I like your thought process on this. Joey has to get a chance to play at some point this year right? I'm like throw him out there for a few min for giving guys a quick breather if nothing else. I have confidence he won't screw things up to a point where it's not recoverable. Especially as long as that monster is good to go.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
I think it’s set that Duke and UVA will get a one seed. Does tonight’s game determine which team gets the east and which goes to the south? Or does Duke get the east regardless? If KY loses today, then they’re likely a 2 seed. If they get the south then they’ll have a virtual home game in the regional.

Coaches suck, starters suck, all the bench should be playing instead, FSU is clearly better than us, we’ll be lucky to get out of the first weekend.

This is how you post in game threads, right?
That's perfect. Just keep up that level of pessimism when the game starts and you're golden.

I think it’s set that Duke and UVA will get a one seed. Does tonight’s game determine which team gets the east and which goes to the south? Or does Duke get the east regardless? If KY loses today, then they’re likely a 2 seed. If they get the south then they’ll have a virtual home game in the regional.
Cause i'm a homer maybe, but I think Duke should already have the East 1 seed locked up. I'm not sure how Va could get that when they have lost to Duke twice, and one without Tre. I don't think anybody's overall schedule can touch Duke. But for me, When healthy, put them boys anywhere you want and I'll roll with them all day. They love playing in a hostile environment, on the biggest of stages, and we have Zion.

The rest of college basketball can only hope that this team don't start clicking like they are capable of and have showed at different times. I say all that to say this, after winning the tournament tonight, Duke will be the overall number 1 seed in the East. I have faith that will be the final results on both sitautions.

I think we gotta win tonight to nab the east. I don't think it's gonna matter too much in regards to UK unless, somehow they get shipped out west. Kansas City, DC and Louisville will all be easy travels for BBN.

Well folks, hope there is gas left in the tank for one more game. I really felt like the Virginia kids (except for Salt) were really intimidated by the length and physical play of FSU, which is what they try to do. They like to play 1/2 court and hammer on you.
This is a game where we really need Ques for his length and fouls to give, but it is what it is. Zion must have help in this game, and more than RJ.
FSU is for real and on a roll, but even if we are struggling, we just need to keep ourselves in position to win. They tend to be very careless when the game is tight.
If we don't come out and play our best game of the season (I think we do) and jump all over them, we will keep this game within reach, and Duke will refuse to lose, and win the ACCT Championship and become the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT! You gotta believe--
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
You know, i'm going to give some poster's the benefit of the doubt last night because it was mainly against our rivals. But it was pretty embarrassing to me last night with some of the negative stuff that was said. It's how it was said that was pretty bad to me. Sometimes what you would say in private don't need to be said in public.

I will never loose sight that they chose Duke, so therefor, I choose them to the end and there will never be a doubt when it comes to me privately or publicly. Don't make me right or wrong, or the same for other poster, just makes us different.

I think we gotta win tonight to nab the east. I don't think it's gonna matter too much in regards to UK unless, somehow they get shipped out west. Kansas City, DC and Louisville will all be easy travels for BBN.
If KY gets a 2 and KU a 3 and they play each other in KC, then the selection committee members will be getting some death threats and 1 star yelp ratings.

If KY gets a 2 and KU a 3 and they play each other in KC, then the selection committee members will be getting some death threats and 1 star yelp ratings.
Lol, not the 1 star yelp rating lmbo. Man some of you guys are truly helping me try and gain my 6 pack back with the cracking up I be doing reading some of the posters stuff here. It would be a blast to meet some more of you guys in public. Has been a blast being here for sure. Fear, you are funny as heck man!

Without Bolden we may have issues with their size. Close game the first time we played them. Reddish needs to show up, not just scoring but fouls and TO's need to be corrected. Goldwire is due some PT after yesterday. Hard game to call after a demanding game the night before. FSU shot really well against UVA....maybe they come back to earth.
Duke 82
FSU 78
Another nail biter no doubt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT