ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE - ACC TOURNEY FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm not even sure what to say about last night's game - but I will say two things, we didn't play our best game (we need Reddish to step up, BAD) and Zion is an absolute, complete beast. It's impossible to put into words what this guy means to our team. He's special.

There isn't much more to say about tonight's matchup with FSU. They are cut from the same cloth as UVA and are truly a completely different brand of basketball than we play. FSU likes to play slow, in the half court, they're physical and big. We on the other hand will speed you up, love to get out in the passing lanes and play in transition.

Similar to our win at UVA, I feel like this game is going to come down to our ability (or inability) to hit perimeter shots. I truly believe that Reddish is the key to how far we go into March (and hopefully April). RJ will get his, and Zion is going to do what Zion does - but having that third threat, a legitimate outside threat, is going to be vital. Tonight will be no different - and he's due.

Tonight's game is slated for an 8:30pm est tip and will again air on ESPN HD. Playing for an ACC championship - it just feels right.

Duke 74

Florida State 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, two lower seeds won, two days of straight seed lines. Friday, two lower seeds won. Order restored and Duke wins as the higher seed Saturday

Last edited:
I agree about Cam. It would be so huge to give Z and RJ a third option.

I think we win a close, hard fought game tonight

Duke 83
Fla State 77

They’re gonna feel the wrath of Zion for trying to poke his eye out the last game. Good luck

Wife and I are driving down to Big Sur tomorrow, so I'll have to watch this one when we get back. As already been said, Cam needs to find his game or sit. It's the end of the season - of he's struggling in a game the way he was tonight then he just needs to be taken out of it for the night.

Zion is literally everything for this team.

Jordan is playing much more confident and I think he'll provide a lot of help against fsu as well.

Cofer, of course, will make everything he throws up but Duke somehow someway pulls this out on route to a 1 seed!

Theyre honestly so frustrating to watch. Tons of talent, always have tons of athletes and some grown men inside and just can never get out of their own way. I blame Hamilton

Cam needs to find his game or sit. It's the end of the season - of he's struggling in a game the way he was tonight then he just needs to be taken out of it for the night.

My wife said this same thing tonight - and I had to set her straight lol. The problem with doing that, is it's counter productive. We absolutely, cannot go the entire way without his ability to shoot from deep and score at all three levels. If you sit him when he's playing poorly, you risk destroying his confidence....we can't have that, either.

He has to play - and the bottom line is, he has to nut up and put up. Period.

My wife said this same thing tonight - and I had to set her straight lol. The problem with doing that, is it's counter productive. We absolutely, cannot go the entire way without his ability to shoot from deep and score at all three levels. If you sit him when he's playing poorly, you risk destroying his confidence....we can't have that, either.

He has to play - and the bottom line is, he has to nut up and put up. Period.
I can totally understand that; it's sort of a catch-22 situation. We need Cam to be productive. I hope he can string a handful of games together.

I said we needed Cam to show up to beat UNC. That wasn’t the case. Zion is the Great equalizer. FL State is big. They always seem to be. Hamilton is a heck of coach. I really think we need to shoot 35% from deep to beat them.

Mr Reddish? Clean up in aisle 3. Bring AOC along for the ride too!

Duke 78
FL State 68

I agree about Cam. It would be so huge to give Z and RJ a third option.

I think we win a close, hard fought game tonight

Duke 83
Fla State 77

Cam just needs to play a smart game. Cut down on his turnovers, getting charges, and only playing defense for a 1/3 of the game. He should have a ton of energy for tomorrow’s game. We need his length because they are one of the taller and longer teams that we play. Not sure Goldwire can do what he did tonight if Hamilton watches any film because they’ll post him up every time down the court.

FSU is going to have to deal with fatigue as well. Play the under this game. I trust K over Hamilton here more than I like the players vs. the other players.

Reactions: Louisville Crazie
Duke by 8

Beard, was it you I made the bet with early this week? If so I am not worried about you following thru with it. I am just glad Duke won last night. HAHA

On to this game.
It will be interesting to see how much gas we have left, last night was emotional and exhausting for me as a fan and I cannot imagine how to players feel.

I think FSU will be too much for us tonight, their length and ability to play 10 guys will be to much to overcome with 3 games in 3 days.

Florida State 71
Duke 64

FSU is going to have to deal with fatigue as well. Play the under this game. I trust K over Hamilton here more than I like the players vs. the other players.
FSU plays 10 kids and they all play around the same amount of minutes. They will be much fresher than we will. I still think we have a chance to win if we can forget about last night and Cam needs to hit some shots. At one point late in the game he threw up 2 airballs in a row.

Folks, your friendly neighborhood Santa is struggling this morning. Was up late Thursday night trying to watch the 'Cuse game and lost sleep. Got up at 4:30 Friday morning and worked 12 hours then came home and watched two basketball games. Was long after midnight when I got to sleep.
But it was worth it!
Tonight, I think becomes less about Xs and Os and more about grit and determination. FSU played their butts off Friday night. Duke was in a battle to the end. Emotionally and physically I have to believe that both teams are drained.
I think the edge in this game has to go to the Devils because of coaching. Coach K will adjust, rotate and move the lineup around to keep guys fresh on the court, and will know how to motivate these guys into getting that little bit extra when their bodies say "Enough!"

Duke 79
FSU 71

Beard, was it you I made the bet with early this week? If so I am not worried about you following thru with it. I am just glad Duke won last night. HAHA

On to this game.
It will be interesting to see how much gas we have left, last night was emotional and exhausting for me as a fan and I cannot imagine how to players feel.

I think FSU will be too much for us tonight, their length and ability to play 10 guys will be to much to overcome with 3 games in 3 days.

Florida State 71
Duke 64

I want you picking against Duke every game going forward if we win again tonight.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Going to be an ugly first half. Hope we pull it out late, pause.

Duke 68
FSU 65

Reactions: dukehokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT