ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON - ACC TOURNEY - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Dukes dominated the half, they just don't step on throats. This will be a pressure packed 3 mins

I was wondering about that the other day. Hopefully he can get one.

Well, realistically, Duke does have a chance. And a good chance depending on how you want to look at it. Vegas odds say they have the 4th best chance right now.

Look at the top 25 and tell how many teams you see Duke can't beat. And show me a more talented team.
The problem isn't who we can and cannot beat. Its the fact that we don't have the intangibles to hold leads and close teams out. Tatum's basketball IQ is one of the lowest I have ever seen for a player with his talent. His errors will be our downfall.

We didn't play that bad..we are notoriously slow starters in the first game of the ACC tournament...it's real the rest of the way now...going to have to play our best each game...

Reactions: tripleb71
Looks like we are going to take home an ugly win. Can't believe we let Clemson score 70+, though. Defense still needs work. Sigh.

We are a nice collection of individual scorers plus a broken down Allen. This team never learned to play off of or with one another. The coaches failed in that regard. Maybe they've been trying, but the product is clearly flawed. Let's hope we can shoot our way into some wins, because the arts of passing and swarming help D are lost on this group. Whatever we had during that 60 point blowout earlier in the year, we've not seen again. Oh Tyus, we miss you.

Well, this is the first of two (2) seasons left, Survive and Advance! We are 1-0 with 9 to go. It wasn't always pretty, but it is a "W". Look at the bright side, we haven't played our best basketball yet, and we're still here! The kids really hung in there. Next play!
Go Duke!
OFC

Is Jeter out from back surgery is that why he hasn't seen mintues. Didn't know if he had time to recovery by end of season now or not

We need to play through Kennard Jackson and Tatum here on out. We will go as far as they take us. Jefferson and Matty will give us defense and leadership but our horses are the trio. Grayson, as much as I love his heart and competitive spirit just got dealt a bad hand with injuries this year and he is struggling mightily right now

After the game Coach K told Frank "The Mormon Megladon" Jackson that he is the key for this team. Frank is currently Bane in the Dark Knight Rises and Grayson is the crippled batman in the jail cell. Feel bad for Grayson, but he definitely does not have the composure Duke needs to make a run in March.

I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl but I just see this team going nowhere, and it kills me to think that. I'm not gay but I love Grayson Allen but man his play is absolutely gone to the toilet. I tried to watch the game but hard while at work. What I did see of Allen was less than inspiring. I keep saying it, and hoping he will wake up, but I'm starting to doubt that. I still stand by what I have said that he is the key, but I think his battery is dead. Prove me wrong Grayson, please prove me wrong

Reactions: DukeDenver
I'd be SHOCKED if the starting five did not remain the same the rest of the way.

PG. Jackson
SG. Kennard
SG. Matt Jones
SF. Tatum
C. Amile

Grayson and Giles off the bench. Bolden in an emergency foul situation.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Is Giles hitting his freshman wall now? The timing would be about right for him. He looked way better a month ago than he does now and he hasn't had any setbacks. I don't get it.

I've been holding out hope all year that we would see a different team in the postseason. But its the same team with the same issues. It has nothing to do with Grayson and Amile being injured. It has everything to do with not having a true point guard, not being able to play solid defense for stretches at a time, and not having a killer instinct (and not being able to rely on our bench or our bigs). I really feel like its too late at this point to change these issues which have been plaguing us all year.

I do, however, feel like we can beat any team on any given night. But I have zero confidence that we can sustain it for 6 games in a row.

Just have to enjoy the individual plays at this point and root for the Devils to find some sort of team spirit. Tatum is so unstoppable when he starts looking for cutters. Luke and Grayson should take notes.

Jackson and Tatum played great today, but Duke persists in giving me a heart attack by blowing decent leads and having to make a play at the end to seal the game or sometimes not making a play and blowing the game. Oh well. At least it's a W!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Only got to peruse the box score - pretty poor shooting on both sides - good balance from 3 scorers on our side but some huge gaps vs minutes played.....and no real contribution from Allen....hope that was to rest him.......this game is the usual we see...some we win by single digits some we lose....cant see our luck holding for the ACCT or NCAAT but stranger things have happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT